Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For those interested...They try and make a big deal that he was able to obtain two low-level coaching licenses in one year. What they should have been focusing on was him preying on young girls.

Owen GayleTrainerBio:
    Coach Owen was born in Kingston Jamaica, playing at the junior level “ 12” was my way out to American where he received an international scholarship at the age of 14 to play a Miami Southridge senior high school. After high school in 1999, he received a scholarship to play at a junior college in Syracuse New York. After college he played as an amateur for Bridgeport Italian in Bridgeport Connecticut. So after he played with the New England Revolution in Boston Massachusetts 2004, and Real Salt Lake in Utah 2005.

Today Owen is a proud member of the Weston AYSO Select Program. In only 2 years he obtained his Florida Youth Soccer Association USSF “F” and “E” Licenses and is currently working on his “D”.

“Certain things shape us, change us forever. For me, while growing up in Jamaica, this was my uncle Patrick. No matter how early he rose for work, or how long a hard day was, he always made time to kick a ball with my cousins and I. Through him, I gradually developed a lifetime love for the game of soccer, playing in high school, college, and in Clubs. And I swear that whenever I felt like giving up, I could always hear his voice repeating the same phrase he’s been telling me since I was young, “you can do it”. This phrase would continually resonate in my subconscious ear over the years, and since I’ve been ignited with a desire to pass on my knowledge, experiences, and passion for the love of soccer to the younger generation. This will always be my coaching philosophy towards my teams. I believe the kids all have untapped potential, and as a coach, it is my ultimate goal to allow this greatness to spring forth. I intend to do this by using a variety of methods and techniques I have learned throughout my life”. ~Owen

Wow what a crock of ****. If you played professional soccer, you are awarded the USSF "C' license automatically.

Comment

Wow what a crock of ****. If you played professional soccer, you are awarded the USSF "C' license automatically.
      He said he played professional soccer, along with the other BS about getting a scholarship to play in a public high school and then in college. Well, nowadays, everything can be found on the internet. He may have played under an assumed name while he was on either of the professional teams he claimed to have played for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-ti...ution_roster#G

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-ti...lt_Lake_roster

Nowhere to be found on these rosters.

He said he played at a junior college, which of course led him to the amateur league, where he was discovered to play for the professional teams that he is not listed on their rosters. Typical Jamaican BS.

Comment

who cares fellas. he was trying to bang a kid. i dont care if he claimed he was the freaking president, this dude should never be around kids again

Comment

who cares fellas. he was trying to bang a kid. i dont care if he claimed he was the freaking president, this dude should never be around kids again
          My point is, he wasn't credible from the beginning so shame on Weston AYSO for letting him prey on the kids. A simple search would have revealed he was shady.

Comment

We played high school together in Miami at a public school. The whole scholarship thing is BS.

Comment

You have a pretty twisted mind if you think it should be necessary for a club to tell coaches not to send nude photos of themselves to young girls.
              That's not what is being said, bright boy.

Parents should be included in all communication with kids. For added insurance, a coach would be wise to blind copy the club in the communication.

Again, these guys getting caught must really be stupid. Many parents check their kids phones.

Comment

Owen Gayle took a deserving L

He was my soccer coach back in 2015 and 2016. I played for the weston select program when it was getting started. Im 18 now but i never saw it in him...very disappointing and shameful.

Comment

Makes you wonder if the name First Touch Academy was even soccer related.
                  The question asking if the new Armada DOC had already retired as he is 65 has you beat, but this is a close second for the snark award.

Comment

Jackass!!

He said he played professional soccer, along with the other BS about getting a scholarship to play in a public high school and then in college. Well, nowadays, everything can be found on the internet. He may have played under an assumed name while he was on either of the professional teams he claimed to have played for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-ti...ution_roster#G

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-ti...lt_Lake_roster

Nowhere to be found on these rosters.

He said he played at a junior college, which of course led him to the amateur league, where he was discovered to play for the professional teams that he is not listed on their rosters. Typical Jamaican BS.
                    What does being Jamaican have to do with spewing BS? Seems like you have something against Jamaicans. Perhaps one banged your wife or girlfriend and you've never been the same since.

Comment

What does being Jamaican have to do with spewing BS? Seems like you have something against Jamaicans. Perhaps one banged your wife or girlfriend and you've never been the same since.
                      Not at all. Go back to smoking your blunt. Look at all the Jamaicans who are coaching down here who have lied about their soccer careers. Roger Thomas (Jamaican National Team, MLS), Alvin James (Jamaican National Team), the list goes on and on. BS!

Comment

https://www.mlssoccer.com/players/roger-thomas

Comment

Roger trained with the Jamaican National Team In ‘95. Still a very high level.

Comment

He made it out to be that he was a big time player in the MLS. I wouldn't call one start and a total of 310 minutes for a local team being a big time player. He tells people he played with the JNT. Training and playing and representing the country are two different things. I only bring it up because that was his sales pitch to our family and others to be a part of his SAT program. All about the money, lies notwithstanding.

Comment

Totally Jackass

Not at all. Go back to smoking your blunt. Look at all the Jamaicans who are coaching down here who have lied about their soccer careers. Roger Thomas (Jamaican National Team, MLS), Alvin James (Jamaican National Team), the list goes on and on. BS!
                              1. Jamaicans don't smoke blunts, we smoke spliffs. Get your racist/stereotype right if you're going to be a dick.

2. You're the prototypical internet thug because I guarantee you wouldn't go up to a Jamaican with that racist/stereotypical rhetoric or you, jackass, would get a blunt shoved up your arse.

3. Every coach that coaches youth soccer in America has embellished their resume. My kids have been playing for years and every now and again I get a guy with a British accent telling me he used to play for this club in England and after my research I would find that the club he played for was a Sunday league, 4th or 5th tier side. Doesn't mean he's not a good coach, but embellished.

Comment

You have to remember. Back then the opportunities were much less. The fact that he made it there is a big deal. Opportunities today are so far greater with so much dilution. Jmo..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X