Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lakeland plays the right way too. They will make an impression on the other teams. Just wait. And we have the ODP keeper.
    Ive seen your team, The goalie is the only thing you have

Comment

Ive seen your team, The goalie is the only thing you have
      Pines is going to beat Lakeland. Very big physical team.

Comment

Pines is going to beat Lakeland. Very big physical team.
        Pines had their top scorer and their attacking mid out injured. If they return to form next weekend, they could contend for Final 4.

Comment

Pines had their top scorer and their attacking mid out injured. If they return to form next weekend, they could contend for Final 4.
          Pines has got to have the most annoying parents on here. Always an excuse with that team. 2 weeks ago they were saying the are the best 05 team. Now they say if..... so what you are really saying is the rest of your team is just ok. Can’t move on without those 2 players.

Comment

Since all sort of accusations and comments have been thrown out here, allow me to chime in. I am in fact a Kendall parent. Unfortunately I wasn't at the first game vs Sunrise, but from what I was told about the game we were playing a high line and caught Sunrise on several offsides early, prior to them adjusting. We did not adjust accordingly and got torched for that lopsided result. In our one previous encounter with them, they beat us 2-0 and it probably should have been worse, but in fairness to us, that was our first game of the season and we had just added a number of new players in the offseason that we were still trying to work in. I can confirm that our goalie was in fact fighting a virus during the first weekend against Sunrise and she's still recovering....so yes, she played sick this weekend as well, but against lower caliber opponents (not to hurt anyone's feelings) the demand on her was much less.

As far as the teams we've played this season:

Sunrise may very well be the best team we have faced this season and Weston is right up there with them. The only reason I MIGHT give the edge to Weston is because of their depth. When we faced them, it felt like there was no dropoff in play after any substitutions. We faced Lakeland at CDL and they were a solid team. Florida Fire, we've faced about 5-6 times this season and it just seems like they just have our number. At this point Im thinking its more psychological than physical. Another solid team is Pinecrest. They have a few good players and one exceptional player.

To the poster that says ANY of these teams play kickball, you couldn't be more wrong. Sure, ALL of these teams will ocassionally have that one ball played over the top that they score on, but by in large all those teams mentioned are knocking the ball around and trying to create opportunities.

Anyways, just wanted to clear the air a bit. Wishing all the other teams good luck in a couple weeks.........except for Weston of course, who we somehow drew.

Comment

Since all sort of accusations and comments have been thrown out here, allow me to chime in. I am in fact a Kendall parent. Unfortunately I wasn't at the first game vs Sunrise, but from what I was told about the game we were playing a high line and caught Sunrise on several offsides early, prior to them adjusting. We did not adjust accordingly and got torched for that lopsided result. In our one previous encounter with them, they beat us 2-0 and it probably should have been worse, but in fairness to us, that was our first game of the season and we had just added a number of new players in the offseason that we were still trying to work in. I can confirm that our goalie was in fact fighting a virus during the first weekend against Sunrise and she's still recovering....so yes, she played sick this weekend as well, but against lower caliber opponents (not to hurt anyone's feelings) the demand on her was much less.

Sunrise may very well be the best team we have faced this season and Weston is right up there with them. The only reason I MIGHT give the edge to Weston is because of their depth. When we faced them, it felt like there was no dropoff in play after any substitutions. We faced Lakeland at CDL and they were a solid team. Florida Fire, we've faced about 5-6 times this season and it just seems like they just have our number. At this point Im thinking its more psychological than physical. Another solid team is Pinecrest. They have a few good players and one exceptional player.

To the poster that says ANY of these teams play kickball, you couldn't be more wrong. Sure, ALL of these teams will ocassionally have that one ball played over the top that they score on, but by in large all those teams mentioned are knocking the ball around and trying to create opportunities.

Anyways, just wanted to clear the air a bit. Wishing all the other teams good luck in a couple weeks.........except for Weston of course, who we somehow drew.
              Very good post. One of the few on here.

Comment

Blah Blah Blah you are Lucky to have gotten this far but unfortunately you state cup journey ends against our Weston team. Don't feel to bad as so will everyone else we face.

Comment

Blah Blah Blah you are Lucky to have gotten this far but unfortunately you state cup journey ends against our Weston team. Don't feel to bad as so will everyone else we face.
                  Doubt you are a Weston parent. Probably pines.

Comment

Since there's no way for me to confirm this was written by a Weston parent, I will reserve judgement. But just a bit of advice, you may want to reconsider the time you're spending on Talking Soccer and do something more productive like taking an English writing class.

Comment

Who is the dark horse in this round of 16?

Comment

I’ll go with West Florida Flames and Wellington. I think WFF can beat Sunrise.

Comment

There is Weston and then everyone else.

Comment

Agreed. Not that close really. Weston is a different class.

Comment

The only way I see teams pushing Weston is if the push them around on the field. They don’t handle that well. Have to be physical to have a chance.

Comment

this is true and is why West Pines gives them trouble

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X