Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The ones that were told they could not (both playing in GDA and those who inquired during tryout season looking to switch leagues).

I know at least 8 players across multiple age groups who would have switched to or stayed in GDA if they were "allowed" to play HS.
    You are very popular. And seem to be in the know.

Comment

A big part of the GDA is practice/game ratios. Simply ignoring that for 2 months per year suggests you dont really buy into the concept. Parents who are pushing this are doing it because ?

Comment

You are very popular. And seem to be in the know.
        It is a small number of players that play at this level (or more poignantly those that should be playing at this level).

Comment

A big part of the GDA is practice/game ratios. Simply ignoring that for 2 months per year suggests you dont really buy into the concept. Parents who are pushing this are doing it because ?
          Oh please.

Comment

Does GDA buy into the concept either? If they enforced their rules consistently or cracked down on the poor performing clubs, then maybe the league would be more meaningful.

Comment

Does GDA buy into the concept either? If they enforced their rules consistently or cracked down on the poor performing clubs, then maybe the league would be more meaningful.
              typical buck passing response really. its why none of this will work. Parents dont take responsibility. Always someone else's fault.

Comment

Oh please.
                Is this a serious response?

Comment

typical buck passing response really. its why none of this will work. Parents dont take responsibility. Always someone else's fault.
                  What can parents/players who are committed and buy into it do about the "rule breakers"?

Comment

Is this a serious response?
                    Semi. Anyone that takes the marketing spiel of any of these high faluting leagues without a big grain of salt is fool IMO. This is business. Choose a reasonable option for your player and get on with it but remember that it is youth soccer. It makes a lot more sense to choose based on location, coaching style, budget, etc, then league.

HS issue is a little confusing. My player will be faced with this next year. Can you play HS in the DA and then join later?

Comment

What can parents/players who are committed and buy into it do about the "rule breakers"?
                      You keep asking the same question trying to get someone else to do your dirty work. Im sure you know what to do about it. It obviously keeps you up at night. Just do it yourself already.

Comment

just keep paying

Comment

Question . Is there strong opposition to HS players joining GDA team later? Is the preference that these players just forego GDA entirely? Is there consensus on this?

Comment

Question . Is there strong opposition to HS players joining GDA team later? Is the preference that these players just forego GDA entirely? Is there consensus on this?
                            Commenting from another state, so take it with a grain of salt.

I would say that mostly, everyone will take a good player, except for the player replaced.

But, I know of the the draws to DA for my daughter is she only wants to play soccer, and she wants teammates who are the same. There's a group of 6-7 players who go to everything. Never miss a practice, go to voluntary workouts, does her home reviews, works out, and will adjust her social schedule around soccer. So, the hope was that they could find 15 kids who think like that.... So, I can see pushback like "where were you when we were sweating it out in August?"

Comment

Commenting from another state, so take it with a grain of salt.

I would say that mostly, everyone will take a good player, except for the player replaced.

But, I know of the the draws to DA for my daughter is she only wants to play soccer, and she wants teammates who are the same. There's a group of 6-7 players who go to everything. Never miss a practice, go to voluntary workouts, does her home reviews, works out, and will adjust her social schedule around soccer. So, the hope was that they could find 15 kids who think like that.... So, I can see pushback like "where were you when we were sweating it out in August?"
                              HS players are sweating out on the field in August but that is not enough?

Comment

Little hard to get a read on the HS issue. If a player is dead set on HS should they just forget about pursuing GDA play?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X