• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspective View Post
    Wow.

"...never earned anything by his own merit"

"...little talent and ONLY HIS RACE to peddle as a qualification"

Capped off by references to two black athletes.

Incredible how some of you can wake up in the morning and confidently assure yourselves that you aren't racist.
    If you weren't logged in I would have accused a conservative of having posed as you to make you look bad, Perspective. Did you honestly just come back in the most stereotypically liberal racist manner possible? If people call out Obama as an amateur and an incompetent then they have something against black people? Talk about keeping folks down on the (intellectual) liberal plantation! This president can't have standards of judgement imposed on him because he's black. Wow. You've got some chutzpah throwing around the "R" word, Perspective. I suspected you felt that way but I thought you would be more clever than playing to type.

Just for your info, Jackie Robinson is typically considered a positive reference as regards the progression of race relations in this country. If you did not know that then the reference would not make sense to you. Try reading it again in that light.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Actually I was wrong.....the minimum salary is 490,000K

http://deadspin.com/2013-payrolls-an...team-462765594

This does not include a host of expenses not the least of which is the cost of 81 travel days for away games, which includes travel, hotel, food.
      There may even be a housing expense for each player not included in the 490K.
      http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquely...for-doctors-2/

750 MLB players in the US.
      23,000 Cardiologists 40,000 orthopedic surgeons, .... etc make over $500,000/yr. (for LIFE)

end of story

Comment

you owe your kids the facts

Not that this is the topic of the thread but an invasive cardiologist at one of the major Harvard hospital has an initial starting salary of approximately 70k......after 4 years of college (50+K per year), 4 years of medical school (60+K per year), an internship (1 year), medical residency (3 years), and a cardiology fellowship (3 years). The median salary for a physician in this country is approximately 160-170k per year.

The lowest paid baseball player has a package exceeding 500K per year.....guaranteed whether they play or not. Have you ever seen a professional athlete, a manager/coach, or an owner get sued by the fans for a poor performance?

don't be ridiculous - for your childs' sake, research your information

750 MLS players in US - vs- 900,000 licensed medical practitioners

1. Orthopedic Surgeon-----Average: $519,000
        2. Cardiology (invasive)-----Average: $512,000
        3. Urology----Average: $461,000
        4. Gastroenterology-----Average: $433,000

5. Otolaryngology

Average: $412,000

6. Cardiology (non-invasive)

Average: $396,000

7. Dermatology

Average: $364,000

8. Hematology/Oncology

Average: $360,000

9. Radiology

Average: $358,000

10. General Surgery

Average: $343,000

11. Pulmonology

Average: $321,000

12. Ophthalmology

Average: $295,000

13. Neurology

Average: $280,000

14. OB/GYN

Average: $268,000

15. Emergency medicine

Average: $264,000

16. Endocrinology

Average: $248,000

17. Hospitalist

Average: $221,000

18. Internal medicine

Average: $203,000

19. (tie) Psychiatry

Average: $189,000

19. (tie) Family practice

19. (tie) Pediatrics

Comment

If you weren't logged in I would have accused a conservative of having posed as you to make you look bad, Perspective. Did you honestly just come back in the most stereotypically liberal racist manner possible? If people call out Obama as an amateur and an incompetent then they have something against black people? Talk about keeping folks down on the (intellectual) liberal plantation! This president can't have standards of judgement imposed on him because he's black. Wow. You've got some chutzpah throwing around the "R" word, Perspective. I suspected you felt that way but I thought you would be more clever than playing to type.

Just for your info, Jackie Robinson is typically considered a positive reference as regards the progression of race relations in this country. If you did not know that then the reference would not make sense to you. Try reading it again in that light.
          Liberals stopped thinking somewhere around the Carter administration. Identity politics is so much easier than coming up with good ideas and sound arguments.

Note how the P-man is usually pretty crisp in his logic when the topic is soccer but reverts to lowest common denominator when it comes to politics. Don't expect him to modify his MO in reaction to the observation but it can be cautionary for other blue-state lazy minds.

Comment

Liberals stopped thinking somewhere around the Carter administration. Identity politics is so much easier than coming up with good ideas and sound arguments.

Note how the P-man is usually pretty crisp in his logic when the topic is soccer but reverts to lowest common denominator when it comes to politics. Don't expect him to modify his MO in reaction to the observation but it can be cautionary for other blue-state lazy minds.
            We've got this little going now that racism can NEVER be alleged, lest that person be accused of using the "race card" and thereby cheating somehow in an argument. I didn't inteject the president into this discussion. And I don't know how (really) one can write that RACE is a man's ONLY qualification and then say it has nothing to do with racism, and then right after state that someone is naive if they think race doesn't factor in. Yeah, I guess I'm not that smart. Question, though. When WOULD something count as racist?

Comment

Essay prompt for you...

Do you think Mandela had "qualifications"? If so, differentiate his concrete qualifications vs Obama. And explain how getting into Harvard Law and making Harvard Law were earning something "ONLY BECAUSE OF RACE PEDDLING"?

Wonderful how words like 'plantation' flow out so easily for you.

Comment

Slightly off topic

What exactly does this have to do with the original topic? Sigh.

Comment

Read the quotes I quoted carefully again. They are a far cry from saying that race is a relevant factor in discussing the presidency. And to suggest that rampant and vicious racism hasn't played a role in reactions to the president is unbelievably naive, if you want to talk about naive. Now I'll let you get back to Duck Dynasty.
                  Read what I wrote carefully again. I mentioned race as a source of attacks on his record, that is why it is so relevant. Secondly, you accuse the OP of being racist based on the quotes you selected. You may be right (I don't know who posted those passages you quoted), but you may be making an incredible reach.

I've never seen Duck Dynasty. I watch TV for sports & news primarily (and not Fox News, either). But, from what I can gather about Duck Dynasty - that was a good line.

Comment

Essay prompt for you...

Do you think Mandela had "qualifications"? If so, differentiate his concrete qualifications vs Obama. And explain how getting into Harvard Law and making Harvard Law were earning something "ONLY BECAUSE OF RACE PEDDLING"?

Wonderful how words like 'plantation' flow out so easily for you.
                    Perspective, to his great credit (and to my great surprise), Barry didn't try to compare himself to Mandela at the latter's funeral. It may have been the instinct of the Nobel laureate but, in any case, he resisted it. Perhaps you might follow his lead on this one. The very idea of comparing these two men. Like comparing a flashlight to the sun. Better to hang out with some hot Danish chick and get out of there before the sign-language guy swings around for a selfie with POTUS.

Regarding Harvard, I guess we'll never know if Barry's race provided the decisive factor in his acceptance there. While we know Michelle wasn't a very good test taker (yet still managed to gain admission to Princeton) anything about Barry's grades and test scores from all academic institutions have been famously unobtainable. We know for certain that the year Barry was accepted to the Law Review the criteria for selection had departed from the old system based purely on academic rank (grades). Half of the members were chosen by a special writing-based process which was explicitly designed to increase minority representation. If you've seen some of Obama's actual early writing you would probably have to conclude (counter-intuitively) that his grades must have been excellent! ;-)

Obama's handlers have argued both sides of the question as to whether he ever actually wrote anything for the Law Review but he certainly wrote a letter to the editor of the Harvard Law Record defending the affirmative action policies of HLR. You can google it... but you can't count the grammatical errors on one hand. As a humorous aside, back in his Law Review days, Barry would have been known as hailing from Kenya, LOL!

We don't know for sure what was going on in the minds of the editors of HLR when they elected Barry to be their president. I suspect that their thinking may have run along the same lines as the New York Times: "First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review". The man's name is not mentioned until the second paragraph.

As for your remark about plantations, Perspective, surely you cannot be unaware that the old southern white democrat plantations have given way to the new northeast white democrat plantations of the intellect. Have you not noticed what happens when an independent thinker bucks the party line of the old entrenched and bankrupt racial grievance infrastructure? All part of the race game that hold the fetid liberal coagulation together.

You liberal defenders of affirmative action have to lay in a bed of your own making now. You were warned that such policies would taint the very people you purported to help - setting them up for failure when additional affirmative action was no longer possible due to the constraints of reality. People thought the cost of AA was just having their kid possibly get rejected by a college from which they might otherwise have expected an acceptance. No, no. The cost of such folly is far higher.

Comment

Perspective, to his great credit (and to my great surprise), Barry didn't try to compare himself to Mandela at the latter's funeral. It may have been the instinct of the Nobel laureate but, in any case, he resisted it. Perhaps you might follow his lead on this one. The very idea of comparing these two men. Like comparing a flashlight to the sun. Better to hang out with some hot Danish chick and get out of there before the sign-language guy swings around for a selfie with POTUS.

Regarding Harvard, I guess we'll never know if Barry's race provided the decisive factor in his acceptance there. While we know Michelle wasn't a very good test taker (yet still managed to gain admission to Princeton) anything about Barry's grades and test scores from all academic institutions have been famously unobtainable. We know for certain that the year Barry was accepted to the Law Review the criteria for selection had departed from the old system based purely on academic rank (grades). Half of the members were chosen by a special writing-based process which was explicitly designed to increase minority representation. If you've seen some of Obama's actual early writing you would probably have to conclude (counter-intuitively) that his grades must have been excellent! ;-)

Obama's handlers have argued both sides of the question as to whether he ever actually wrote anything for the Law Review but he certainly wrote a letter to the editor of the Harvard Law Record defending the affirmative action policies of HLR. You can google it... but you can't count the grammatical errors on one hand. As a humorous aside, back in his Law Review days, Barry would have been known as hailing from Kenya, LOL!

We don't know for sure what was going on in the minds of the editors of HLR when they elected Barry to be their president. I suspect that their thinking may have run along the same lines as the New York Times: "First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review". The man's name is not mentioned until the second paragraph.

As for your remark about plantations, Perspective, surely you cannot be unaware that the old southern white democrat plantations have given way to the new northeast white democrat plantations of the intellect. Have you not noticed what happens when an independent thinker bucks the party line of the old entrenched and bankrupt racial grievance infrastructure? All part of the race game that hold the fetid liberal coagulation together.

You liberal defenders of affirmative action have to lay in a bed of your own making now. You were warned that such policies would taint the very people you purported to help - setting them up for failure when additional affirmative action was no longer possible due to the constraints of reality. People thought the cost of AA was just having their kid possibly get rejected by a college from which they might otherwise have expected an acceptance. No, no. The cost of such folly is far higher.
                      Wow. Just wow.

Sometimes I wonder if I live in the same reality as people that think like you. I worry for people like you.

Comment

You are an embecile posing as a right-wing intellectual (there's an oxymoron for you). Do you think any African-American men went to Harvard before "Barry" as you intentionally and racially mock him? Do you think there were other African-American there at the same time that Harvard could have chosen as a token if that is what you are alleging? How many books have you published? Now you're gonna knock Michelle too? You don't think Michelle is intelligent? Grammar errors? Really? That's not a subtle racial jab meant to ring certain connotations? Does a ventriloquest speak for him too? Is that why he speaks so clearly and effectively? The entire family has brought grace and dignity to the White House with no personal scandals even with thousands like you scouring the earth for any tidbit you can grab. It is amazing that even in the face of direct evidence of achievement in the top .001% people like you can find some way to say it just isn't true. Well, this much is true. President Obama will 300 years from now still be a two-term President. Bravo, and congrats to what he has accomplished in the face of massive and monumental efforts to make sure he accomplished nothing.

Look in the mirror. Ask yourself how and why the president (and only this one) continually and completely gratuitously gets invoked and injected in soccer threads like these. I'm sure many of you would be very happy to interview him when he is done with his 8 year term for your butler position.

And btw, I missed where you outlined Mandela's credentials. Did you also object to his worthiness to be President of South Africa?

Comment

Wow. Just wow.

Sometimes I wonder if I live in the same reality as people that think like you. I worry for people like you.
                          It is people like that who provide the fire necessary to march onward and make sure they don't get someone with "real" credentials in the White House. The amount of denial, self-deception, and self-satisfaction that their brains soak in is just astounding...fueled by hatred and a magical belief about their own ancestral entitlements...and to think we still have to deal with this in 2014.

Comment

54393446 154

Your post is just as offensive as the lunatics on the left who were questioning Bush's academic credentials. Please pair up and crawl back into the hole that you belong in.

Comment

You are an embecile posing as a right-wing intellectual (there's an oxymoron for you). Do you think any African-American men went to Harvard before "Barry" as you intentionally and racially mock him? Do you think there were other African-American there at the same time that Harvard could have chosen as a token if that is what you are alleging? How many books have you published? Now you're gonna knock Michelle too? You don't think Michelle is intelligent? Grammar errors? Really? That's not a subtle racial jab meant to ring certain connotations? Does a ventriloquest speak for him too? Is that why he speaks so clearly and effectively? The entire family has brought grace and dignity to the White House with no personal scandals even with thousands like you scouring the earth for any tidbit you can grab. It is amazing that even in the face of direct evidence of achievement in the top .001% people like you can find some way to say it just isn't true. Well, this much is true. President Obama will 300 years from now still be a two-term President. Bravo, and congrats to what he has accomplished in the face of massive and monumental efforts to make sure he accomplished nothing.

Look in the mirror. Ask yourself how and why the president (and only this one) continually and completely gratuitously gets invoked and injected in soccer threads like these. I'm sure many of you would be very happy to interview him when he is done with his 8 year term for your butler position.

And btw, I missed where you outlined Mandela's credentials. Did you also object to his worthiness to be President of South Africa?
                              Just to be clear, are there people out there who are pretty confident that Barack Obama got into Occidental College, Columbia University and Harvard Law School on merit? I see a lot of people decrying the converse as racist (of course, what else?) but I don't hear people actually claiming that he rose to anything on merit.

I will defend the guy with some faint praise. I don't think his admission to Columbia was necessarily an affirmative action fraud because at the time Obama was transferring Occidental had outrageously inflated grades and Columbia's standards for transfers were extremely low. Half of Obama's class would have been at the GPA / SAT average of transfer admission to Columbia that year. Admission to Harvard and getting onto the Harvard Law Review? Yeah, I'm leaning affirmative action on those. C'mon. Seriously? No, seriously?

Now if you are searching for some other accomplishment for the guy, I think you have to acknowledge that his single greatest achievement is running a big campaign. There was certainly some informal affirmative action wind at his back but no other person has ever been able to harness that breeze to an advantage before Obama. As a speaker and speech maker I find the guy uninteresting and ineffective - even WITH the teleprompter. Without it, you'd rather listen to a baby crying. I think that comes through clearly in the second term when all of the glitter is on the floor. The guy makes Bush look like James Earl Jones as a communicator but some of the blame for that must go to the speechwriters.

In short, I think the guy would have had the ability to be a productive citizen in the private sector. Probably in campaign management or a related field. Possibly marketing. As a lawyer, he claims to have been a constitutional specialist (yikes!) so you have to think he didn't have much promise as a lawyer or law professor. He is a black hole on economics and finance and he's wisely never claimed any competence in those areas. Hardly the kind of person you would interview as a butler but not the kind of person you would entrust with the keys to the governor's mansion either. The White House? How did he ever get the stones to even dream of it? Sorry, was channeling Hillary there for a minute...

Comment

He said embecile, heeheehee.

Perspective has somebody broken into your account? If so they are doing a number on you with some of these posts in your name!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X