Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Apologies if you were offended.... Like what’s been said everyone makes choices. My choice vacation destinations are not in the contiguous United States.
    Don’t put up your defense mechanisms just because I don’t consider soccer hotel block stays as nice amenities. Maybe they are for you ..... enjoy
    The poster never said a thing about enjoying Motel 6 amenities.

The poster was advocating turning soccer travel into family vacation travel as a solution to the problem of the high travel costs imposed on players trying to play higher level soccer.

The debate was never between Motel 6 as too pedestrian vs. your preferred exotic locales you nit wit.

Comment

ECNL has added showcases so that you only have to really get on a plane for the finals.

Not sure why the GDA switched the April Showcase to Colorado, but I know a lot of people in our club had planned to drive to the original location, so now we have to go across the country twice within 2 months

Comment

ECNL has added showcases so that you only have to really get on a plane for the finals.

Not sure why the GDA switched the April Showcase to Colorado, but I know a lot of people in our club had planned to drive to the original location, so now we have to go across the country twice within 2 months
        Smart move by ECNL. Multiple big national events aren't needed to bring players and college coaches together. Doing regional events means more parties can drive or take shorter/cheaper flights. More importantly we know most players (not all but a substantial majority) want to go to school a half days drive or so from home. There's no need for most costal players and coaches to fly to the opposite coast to meet each other. Schools and clubs can pick the events that make the most sense for them.

DA may have switched because CO is more central? It's a great facility and CO is gorgeous. However there are sometimes there are crazy spring storms and not everyone adjust easily to the higher elevation. AZ or CA don't have that issue.

Comment

Yeah, it can be cheap ... taking a family of four to Okemo for a day will only run you about $750. If you go for the weekend, probably only about 2 grand. Perhaps you should start with definitions of "cheap" and "affordable" that we can all agree on.
          Sure. First, no reason to stay the weekend.

Second, find deals, go to places that are offering 2-for-1's, pre-buy tickets, etc. I can usually get a ticket for under $40/ea. Pack a lunch, eat breakfast at home. Should be 1/4 of what you posted.

Comment

The poster never said a thing about enjoying Motel 6 amenities.

The poster was advocating turning soccer travel into family vacation travel as a solution to the problem of the high travel costs imposed on players trying to play higher level soccer.

The debate was never between Motel 6 as too pedestrian vs. your preferred exotic locales you nit wit.
            Exactly.

This turned into a realization that some, many, a few, a bit, who knows, see the value in a family vacation, but not if that vacation has soccer in it.

Again, totally fine. But, it's disingenuous to say one can't afford it, when they vacation during the year. In a lot of cases, one CAN afford it, they just choose to not sacrifice their other vacation.

That's why the "soccer is too expensive" and "the travel is unnecessary" crowd loses a lot of credibility.

Comment

Sure. First, no reason to stay the weekend.

Second, find deals, go to places that are offering 2-for-1's, pre-buy tickets, etc. I can usually get a ticket for under $40/ea. Pack a lunch, eat breakfast at home. Should be 1/4 of what you posted.
              Can you please link to the 40 week end lift ticket deal. I have never seen that.

Comment

Exactly.

This turned into a realization that some, many, a few, a bit, who knows, see the value in a family vacation, but not if that vacation has soccer in it.

Again, totally fine. But, it's disingenuous to say one can't afford it, when they vacation during the year. In a lot of cases, one CAN afford it, they just choose to not sacrifice their other vacation.

That's why the "soccer is too expensive" and "the travel is unnecessary" crowd loses a lot of credibility.
                It is too expensive and the travel is unnecessary. We all have to drive past 6, 8, 12, good teams or fly over hundreds on our way to play a soccer match. There is nothing useful or necessary about that

Comment

It is too expensive and the travel is unnecessary. We all have to drive past 6, 8, 12, good teams or fly over hundreds on our way to play a soccer match. There is nothing useful or necessary about that
                  Again, I agree the league travel is unnecessary. Some of it is due to their being disparate leagues and the ECNL locking clubs out. I am referring to the tournaments all over the country which initiated my post(s).

Comment

Can you please link to the 40 week end lift ticket deal. I have never seen that.
                    https://www.liftopia.com/ is one example.

Comment

Again, I agree the league travel is unnecessary. Some of it is due to their being disparate leagues and the ECNL locking clubs out. I am referring to the tournaments all over the country which initiated my post(s).
                      ECNL are the original masters of the game and others have followed right along. Look. I do it - we all do it- but it is very obvious what is going on and the absolute waste of time and money with all the unnecessary travel (both league and further) is frustrating. Nothing any of us can do but whine on TS ad then get in teh car and drive to the next match.

Comment

Yes - liftopia is great but where did you get a weekend $40 ticket - to what mountain?

Comment

Yes - liftopia is great but where did you get a weekend $40 ticket - to what mountain?
                          So, you are looking in January for deals?

Good luck with that.....

Comment

So, you are looking in January for deals?

Good luck with that.....
                            Not me - a poster was speaking of that.

Comment

ECNL are the original masters of the game and others have followed right along. Look. I do it - we all do it- but it is very obvious what is going on and the absolute waste of time and money with all the unnecessary travel (both league and further) is frustrating. Nothing any of us can do but whine on TS ad then get in teh car and drive to the next match.
                              Situation is a mess.

Comment

Not me - a poster was speaking of that.
                                What I meant was...deals expire. It's tough to find a great deal on skiing in January. Plan ahead and buy tickets earlier.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X