Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can you just shut up already. My family can't afford all this travel end of story. I would rather spend the time with my whole family because they will be out of the house soon and then what ? Soccer is over and i will wonder where did time go for the last 10 years chasing the dream like you do.. For what ???????????????????? Your daughter will not be a professional player making $30k a year and have her body/knees killing her after 30 years old and then a couple of surgeries to fix it all.. SHUT UP already
    Hhhoooooolllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy sheeeeeeeeeeeett...

If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Quick, easy solution.

Don't.

Done, problem solved.

Nobody is chasing a dream of some future or financial benefit. Some people just love the game and spending time with their family. If they can combine the two, great.

It's like skiing to me. We don't go away skiing, but I would surely love to. We go as often as we can, but not as often as we like. There will be no olympics in anyone's future. But, the time we spend together is fun.

Why should I shut up about that?

Comment

Don't.

Done, problem solved.

Nobody is chasing a dream of some future or financial benefit. Some people just love the game and spending time with their family. If they can combine the two, great.

It's like skiing to me. We don't go away skiing, but I would surely love to. We go as often as we can, but not as often as we like. There will be no olympics in anyone's future. But, the time we spend together is fun.

Skiing? Really? We get it. The fancy soccer and the travel are not a burden for you. In fact you love it.

Get this. For those on a limited budget with players that want to play, the travel costs are a problem.

Really not difficult to understand either side.

Comment

Skiing? Really? We get it. The fancy soccer and the travel are not a burden for you. In fact you love it.

Get this. For those on a limited budget with players that want to play, the travel costs are a problem.

Really not difficult to understand either side.
        Skiing can be cheap if you play your cards right. There's no Swiss Alps going on here....

Those on a limited budget will always be able to play. That's the beauty of the game, all you need is a ball and a patch of grass.

Again, some can, some can't, some want to do something else with their time and money. It's all good.

If you can't, then this doesn't apply to you.

If you can't, but have decided to do something else, then quitchyer bitchin'

Comment

Skiing can be cheap if you play your cards right. There's no Swiss Alps going on here....

Those on a limited budget will always be able to play. That's the beauty of the game, all you need is a ball and a patch of grass.

Again, some can, some can't, some want to do something else with their time and money. It's all good.

Glad you are a youth soccer industry superfan. I wish it were very different. Oh well. C'est la vie.

Comment

Glad you are a youth soccer industry superfan. I wish it were very different. Oh well. C'est la vie.
            Soccer and My Family superfan.

Indeed.

Comment

Soccer and My Family superfan.

Indeed.
              Teach her how to cook and clean. #Perfect

Comment

Yeah, it can be cheap ... taking a family of four to Okemo for a day will only run you about $750. If you go for the weekend, probably only about 2 grand. Perhaps you should start with definitions of "cheap" and "affordable" that we can all agree on.

Comment

Yeah, it can be cheap ... taking a family of four to Okemo for a day will only run you about $750. If you go for the weekend, probably only about 2 grand. Perhaps you should start with definitions of "cheap" and "affordable" that we can all agree on.
                  LOL. You are posting to someone one that defines the Swiss alps as costly. Okemo is the cheap seats for that one!

Comment

Really? Who doesn't want the opportunity to see the country and watch some games, too?

We've been to Florida, Colorado, California, Oregon, Kansas, Maryland, and Virginia for games. Had a blast doing it. We will try to tack on a day or two on the back-end to see the sites where we wouldn't have otherwise.

Just consider it a family vacation and get on with it.

That’s great if it works for you and your family. Don’t consider the places you have stayed as a good vacation destination. But if you enjoy staying at $ 125- 180 a night Motel 6 style places
                    and the amenities they provide ...... enjoy

Comment

That’s great if it works for you and your family. Don’t consider the places you have stayed as a good vacation destination. But if you enjoy staying at $ 125- 180 a night Motel 6 style places
                      and the amenities they provide ...... enjoy
                      I know daaaahhhling. I mean Motel 6. Can you imagine?

Comment

Funny thing is it's cheaper to ski in most of Europe (except the flights of course). Ski passes in the US are crazy. 125 bucks a person yo ski on VT ice.

Comment

I know daaaahhhling. I mean Motel 6. Can you imagine?

Apologies if you were offended.... Like what’s been said everyone makes choices. My choice vacation destinations are not in the contiguous United States.
                          Don’t put up your defense mechanisms just because I don’t consider soccer hotel block stays as nice amenities. Maybe they are for you ..... enjoy

Comment

Don't.

Done, problem solved.

Skiing has never pretended to a be a sport for the common man. In theory soccer is supposed to be and is in most places, just not in the US

Comment

The writing is on the wall for GDA in general. The one thing I can say after talking to Kaz about this, is that he is very aware that he himself sold the GDA as the league to pursue. He is not taking its decline lightly. He still believes that those who do not want to play HS, need a viable option. As the overall leader at World Class, he has the ability to structure his programming to accommodate those players who want that menu
                              Not true. He sold full time commitment as the best avenue for the really committed player. He has never been a fan of the USSF or the people that run it, so no way he sold the GDA. He has forgotten more about the game than anyone there!!

He sold himself and his staffs ability to get more out of a player than a HS coach IF he was allowed to work wth the player full time

this is the KEY point. Has nothing to do with GDA,ECNL or anything else. If the ECNl offered a program that allowed that, he would do it.

Comment

at time pda went to gda, it had at least 6/7 nt pool players in it u16/17 and u18/19 class. All of them were gda. They even lost a nattie kid or two when they hesitated on joining initially. The politics of soccer.
                                It may be the beautiful game but the games played by the leagues are anything but beautiful. Jedi mind games with families.
                                They did? Sorry, they did not

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X