Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    She should improve, she is going against lesser talent in ECNL.
    She was clearly one of your better players, so what does that say about your DA program?

Comment

Most HS sports are a joke and do not require anywhere near the time and effort commitment that is involved in a travel team, thus hands too idle. COA at most schools outside of FL are 40-70+ per year, so any money saved would not come close to covering college of choice.
      News flash-there is NO kid currently at WFF that is going to get $40-$70 a year to play soccer, ANYWHERE.

Comment

News flash-there is NO kid currently at WFF that is going to get $40-$70 a year to play soccer, ANYWHERE.
        You are wrong

Comment

You are wrong
          Prove it!
          The school this girl is attending & the total yearly amount of athletic money said girl is getting per year? I did not say academic money, which anyone can get without playing soccer. Just athletic money.
          I will wait patiently.

Comment

So much hate; go easy or you are going to blow a vessel. The post above said any money is helpful, look at mid tier non power 5 D1 say GW or BU - each is in excess of $70k, and if each player on the roster got 50% ride, avg scholarship would be $35k, so you are saying no one at WFF could get that amount for an award? So they have no commits for DI?

Comment

Prove it!
              The school this girl is attending & the total yearly amount of athletic money said girl is getting per year? I did not say academic money, which anyone can get without playing soccer. Just athletic money.
              I will wait patiently.
              Substantial academic money is hard to get at most top academic schools. Talk about need based money and that is different as top schools will often provide aid for family need.

Comment

Substantial academic money is hard to get at most top academic schools. Talk about need based money and that is different as top schools will often provide aid for family need.
                Fair statement on both counts.

Comment

I shopped WFF and TBU and chose TBU. WFF made the decision very easy for my family. The issues with WFF is how serious their staff is about training. I watched staff spend more time shooting on net, on the phone, talking, and goofing off, compared to teaching youth players the game.

At WFF the upper staff are not pushing for a professionally run accountable program. Not saying TBU does not have their issues but WFF does not have a business model that will create successful teams. Adding to this, upper staff spent more time talking about themselves and negative about others compared to why they wanted my child to play soccer there.

Investing with WFF to teach my child is equivalent to investing my nest egg with Bernie Madoff. I was embarrassed for WFF and felt extremely bad for the players. The WFF DA record is a direct reflection of the work WFF staff put into their players. You have a blue collar group of talented players and it is management that is the issue here. Sad to see and hope you make changes, implement new processes, and hold people accountable.

Comment

This 02 and her parents belong at TBU, crappy attitude and thinks she is all that. Will not be missed one bit. Got to love a player that wins the ball and then passes to the other team 85% of the time, great TBU fit.
                    I know the girl in question, and she is a good player, and even though the 85 percent is an exaggeration, a 15 percent pass completion would lead the team WFF. Actually not sure if the coach even wants the players to pass or maybe just doesn't care either way.

Comment

I know the girl in question, and she is a good player, and even though the 85 percent is an exaggeration, a 15 percent pass completion would lead the team WFF. Actually not sure if the coach even wants the players to pass or maybe just doesn't care either way.
                      Which is exactly why KW is roaming the sidelines at Handly & not on a bigger, more established club.

Comment

Super glad she is at TBU, nice addition!

Comment

Which is exactly why KW is roaming the sidelines at Handly & not on a bigger, more established club.
                          Where will she go when WFF loses GDA at the end of this season?

Comment

You think the Flames care whether your kid is worthy of GDA?
                            As long as the credit card processes those fees, you are on the team.
                            They even hoodwinked the B team into paying GDA fees, which turns out to be the greatest sales job EVER.
                            Bravo YY & cohorts, well played by your merry band of soccer gypsy's.
                            Opinion--- YY is an absolute gypsy, also a total **** of a person. His relationship with US soccer, them naming WFF as a top 15 DA club, despite horrid record these last two years and obvious failure....tells you all you need to know about the reality of the people running/program. It's like the ODP people.
                            Some board members might say that he ran to US soccer because his tenure with ecnl was about to be over.....? Him without a job?

Comment

Opinion--- YY is an absolute gypsy, also a total **** of a person. His relationship with US soccer, them naming WFF as a top 15 DA club, despite horrid record these last two years and obvious failure....tells you all you need to know about the reality of the people running/program. It's like the ODP people.
                              Some board members might say that he ran to US soccer because his tenure with ecnl was about to be over.....? Him without a job?
                              YY is just tired and burnt out.

Comment

YY is just tired and burnt out.
                                All the stress from years of ruining the experience of youth soccer for countless children and years of making a living off ripping families off is catching up.

Resign YY! You have done so much damage to parents, players and youth soccer in the community.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X