Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    UM is the hardest to get in, next UF, then FSU, UCF, and USF are about equal chances for getting admitted.
    UF more selective with admittance then UM.

UM is private and wants the movie.

Comment

UF more selective with admittance then UM.

UM is private and wants the movie.
      Both aware great schools, but the fact is... UF has a 46% admission rate, while UM is 38%. Average SAT/ACT scores are slightly higher at UM too.

Comment

Both aware great schools, but the fact is... UF has a 46% admission rate, while UM is 38%. Average SAT/ACT scores are slightly higher at UM too.
        And neither has a men’s soccer team as well as FSU. Those three are all good choices for academics and high level opportunities post college. For boys their choices are only good if they want to work in a service industry type job or teaching, nursing etc. Any C or online college is good for that.

Comment

UM is private and will cost more than the state’s public Big 4.

Comment

UM is private and will cost more than the state’s public Big 4.
            Private schools have some advantages... cost is not one of them. But they do often have more scholarship opportunities. Don’t just look at the sticker price.

Comment

UF has a much lower admission rate than UM. UF had over 41,000 freshman applicants for fall 2018 and admitted about 14,000. UF only has 6,500 freshman seats. It does admit a high percentage of out-of-state students hoping to maintain its freshman out-of-state make up at about 25% of the total freshman fall head count.

Comment

From a Midwest-transplant, the rest of the country outside of FL thinks UM is the only school worth a **** down here, and even then only for certain majors.

True? I dunno for sure, but when my son hits the age I really dont think I would want him to go to a FL school unless he really wants into a specific program that is strong in a specific course of study(every school has strengths/weaknesses).

Comment

From a Midwest-transplant, the rest of the country outside of FL thinks UM is the only school worth a **** down here, and even then only for certain majors.

True? I dunno for sure, but when my son hits the age I really dont think I would want him to go to a FL school unless he really wants into a specific program that is strong in a specific course of study(every school has strengths/weaknesses).
                  [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/wWue0rCDOphOE/giphy.gif[img]

Ok....if you say so!

Comment

https://media.giphy.com/media/wWue0rCDOphOE/giphy.gif

Comment

UF has a much lower admission rate than UM. UF had over 41,000 freshman applicants for fall 2018 and admitted about 14,000. UF only has 6,500 freshman seats. It does admit a high percentage of out-of-state students hoping to maintain its freshman out-of-state make up at about 25% of the total freshman fall head count.
                      It is too late for seniors, but early decision admisisons at UM will give the student a higher chance for admittance. UF has a one time decision letter in February and that's it.

Comment

Absorbed too much pesticides playing the corn fields.

Comment

Absorbed too much pesticides playing the corn fields.
                          Yeah, go to that shi@show at Michigan State.

Comment

Last year, UF admits 36 percent of freshman applicants. The university admitted 14,866 of its 40,849 applicants for the class of 2022. Of those, 11,741 were admitted to the fall 2018 semester, and 3,125 were admitted to the Summer B 2018 semester. For fall 2019 it is expected to be less. The number accepted per 100 applicants keeps decreasing mainly because UF is using the coalition application, the population is increasing in Florida, Florida schools are increasing standards, and the Bright Futures scholarships are keeping students in state. It is likely for every 100 who apply for 2020 that only 30 will be accepted (half being from out-of-state), down to a 30% acceptance rate.

Comment

What two year JC soccer schools offer automatic entry into FSU and FU . Academically I know you can get into Florida or FSU after 2 years through St Pete College .

Comment

What two year JC soccer schools offer automatic entry into FSU and FU . Academically I know you can get into Florida or FSU after 2 years through St Pete College .
                                They say the easiest way in is to attend state CC and get the Associate of Arts to automatically transfer in. With AP and Dual Enrollment classes nowadays, the students can get the AA after one year at community college and then transfer in.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X