Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDP Spring Season Poll

EDP says they will make an announcement on the spring season on Friday. Will they cancel or continue to stall?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    EDP says they will make an announcement on the spring season on Friday. Will they cancel or continue to stall?
    I think they've held out as long as possible and will cancel.

Comment

I think they've held out as long as possible and will cancel.
      I agree. And that’s when the fit hits the shan!

Comment

I think they will cancel spring season but leave open the hopes of playing tournaments, which is dumb too. They can't continue to pretend both can happen. Although, if in the next day or two the Gov allows for return to "training" on June 1 they may stall some more hoping it opens the door to play in late June.

Comment

At this point, officially cancel. So the clubs can issue refunds (for the ones who have not yet) and as soon as it’s safe to play we immediately start training for Fall. That’s at least my hope.

Comment

EDP is greedy, I expect the Gov to allow practices for youth sports as he is getting hammered from all youth sports not just soccer. Allowing outdoor graduations, outdoor fitness, campgrounds, beaches, boardwalk and non essential businesses but not allowing outdoor sports doesn't make sense. I think practices start June 1st or 8th in phase 3, June 15th or 22nd for phase 4 with phase 5 by July 6th or 13th.

Comment

EDP is greedy, I expect the Gov to allow practices for youth sports as he is getting hammered from all youth sports not just soccer. Allowing outdoor graduations, outdoor fitness, campgrounds, beaches, boardwalk and non essential businesses but not allowing outdoor sports doesn't make sense. I think practices start June 1st or 8th in phase 3, June 15th or 22nd for phase 4 with phase 5 by July 6th or 13th.
              Outdoor graduation isn't allowed until July 6th. I think you are right we will get to phase 3 (small group practices) soon but I don't think he will let games be played soon.

Comment

Today's the day. Looking forward to see what EDP came up with to justify keeping our money.

Comment

Today's the day. Looking forward to see what EDP came up with to justify keeping our money.
                  Tournament style season where they set up area complexes to handle multiple games over each weekend is my guess

Comment

Tournament style season where they set up area complexes to handle multiple games over each weekend is my guess
                    I agree. They have tournaments scheduled for every weekend in July. They will just create brackets of regionally grouped teams and have games they can pass off as league play. Will be festival style. If in person graduations can happen in July they are banking on being able to set up Turf Farm in a way that will allow for gatherings of a certain size and games. They get to keep everyone's money so they win.

Will be interesting to see how many teams still want to play at this point though.

Comment

I agree. They have tournaments scheduled for every weekend in July. They will just create brackets of regionally grouped teams and have games they can pass off as league play. Will be festival style. If in person graduations can happen in July they are banking on being able to set up Turf Farm in a way that will allow for gatherings of a certain size and games. They get to keep everyone's money so they win.

Will be interesting to see how many teams still want to play at this point though.
                      EDP has tournaments scheduled for every weekend in July. This would cause a conflict for most teams. And that is if we get the clearance to play by July.

Comment

EDP has tournaments scheduled for every weekend in July. This would cause a conflict for most teams. And that is if we get the clearance to play by July.
                        I could see the tournaments either being pushed back to August or being counted for league play somehow. Something tells me this plan will be so creative that they'll be able to keep spring and tournament money.

Comment

I could see the tournaments either being pushed back to August or being counted for league play somehow. Something tells me this plan will be so creative that they'll be able to keep spring and tournament money.
                          Problem with this is August 1 starts the new season so not sure how they can roll Spring season in to what would become the fall.

Comment

Problem with this is August 1 starts the new season so not sure how they can roll Spring season in to what would become the fall.
                            I agree. Between the Fall season, Fall school soccer, and this I’d rather they just give up the Spring season and gear up for a potential ‘normal’ season in the Fall.

Comment

I agree. Between the Fall season, Fall school soccer, and this I’d rather they just give up the Spring season and gear up for a potential ‘normal’ season in the Fall.
                              I agree with this, but there are a lot of people (EDP, clubs, and refs) set to lose a lot of money if they just cancel. I think they'll put out a plan that let's them keep as much as possible. If teams are going to be allowed to train (which looks likely), then don't except a refund of any size (except maybe a fall credit) from your club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X