Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They apparently did no market research before they launched this league. Who were all the customers supposed to be that were going to Shell out for a another big national league with even more travel burden then the ecnl? That was biggest complaint with the ecnl and they made it even worse. That league made no sense.
    i dont think they made it worse. Just more of the same. Several entities have invested significant sums of money convincing US parents that soccer excellence requires significant travel. Any entity that tries to change that narrative will face an uphill battle. The system is set up to provide easy access to so called talent evaluators as opposed to improving the talent by making practice and games convenient.

many of the "rules" made a lot of sense for elite players, but they reduced club autonomy and increased costs and most Clubs are NOT full of elite players. Is mostly average to good players who are looking for every perceived edge they can get for College. For them, the changes were not worth it. These players were never going to be materially impacted by GDA.

GDA was just too big BUT the USSF being the entity that it is had to be big.

Comment

They apparently did no market research before they launched this league. Who were all the customers supposed to be that were going to Shell out for a another big national league with even more travel burden then the ecnl? That was biggest complaint with the ecnl and they made it even worse. That league made no sense.
      Not according to that one poster; the first year was magical!!!

Comment

Not according to that one poster; the first year was magical!!!
        It was like going to Disney every day, with Mickey waiting for you in the parking lot, Goofy handing out paper towels in the bathroom, and Donald running the practices, 100% magical

Comment

It was like going to Disney every day, with Mickey waiting for you in the parking lot, Goofy handing out paper towels in the bathroom, and Donald running the practices, 100% magical
          I will say, the first year at NYCFC GDA was pretty special. The tours of the Pro Facility, the filming crews showing up for practices, free uniform apparel, even the Power ade was chilled to perfection. The girls were treated very well.

Comment

I will say, the first year at NYCFC GDA was pretty special. The tours of the Pro Facility, the filming crews showing up for practices, free uniform apparel, even the Power ade was chilled to perfection. The girls were treated very well.
            Too well. And took advantage of Kaz thinking they were special. And then the rug got pulled out from under the feet and were then finding out the hard truth that they were not welcomed back to be the premier ECNL team players and PDA had no reason to bring them in either so it was STA. How did that turn out? And no where are you playing this upcoming season?

Comment

Too well. And took advantage of Kaz thinking they were special. And then the rug got pulled out from under the feet and were then finding out the hard truth that they were not welcomed back to be the premier ECNL team players and PDA had no reason to bring them in either so it was STA. How did that turn out? And no where are you playing this upcoming season?
              She is playing at the University of Indiana, thanks douche-dan!!

Comment

Finally, another person who saw the magic, enjoy the memories!!

Comment

She is playing at the University of Indiana, thanks douche-dan!!
                  I doubt you are JT

Comment

I doubt you are JT
                    To be, or not to be, that is the panzer.

Comment

Finally, another person who saw the magic, enjoy the memories!!
                      Sounds kinda like a used a bunch of teen players when they thought it could help their brand and then disgarded them the minute they changed course and saw no further use for them. Not sure I would discribed that as magical.

Comment

Sounds kinda like a used a bunch of teen players when they thought it could help their brand and then disgarded them the minute they changed course and saw no further use for them. Not sure I would discribed that as magical.
                        Stop being such a sour-puss, always negative, it was magical for us, why can't you losers accept that other people can be happy??

#increaseyourdoseofZoloft

Comment

Stop being such a sour-puss, always negative, it was magical for us, why can't you losers accept that other people can be happy??

#increaseyourdoseofZoloft
                          You may want to decrease your's. Don't lose touch with reality.

Comment

You may want to decrease your's. Don't lose touch with reality.
                            I am living my life, without being a depressed ****-head, you should try a slice...

Comment

Yikes. This is a soccer forum for opinions about youth soccer. Not sure I am the one with the issue if someone questioning a silly magical little fantasy about youth soccer sends you into a cussing tantrum. Stay in a dream world if you must but it is not a healthy coping mechanism.

Comment

Yikes. This is a soccer forum for opinions about youth soccer. Not sure I am the one with the issue if someone questioning a silly magical little fantasy about youth soccer sends you into a cussing tantrum. Stay in a dream world if you must but it is not a healthy coping mechanism.
                                ‘Cussing’

🤦*♂️

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X