Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New Jersey

Notices

New Jersey Discussions about New Jersey soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-24-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
wow. the level of dumb nonsense in the above paragraph exceeds the threshold even for a match fit post.
Actually its not a dumb post but somewhat spot on. Tophat yes they belong in the ECNL as they always have. The fact that they turned their noses up to the ECNL was all on them. Last year at thecECNL playoff I had a chance to talk to the parents and they were not happy going GDA and now we see and they see why. Blame only should go to the ADMINS of that club tlfor making the decision and trust me ECNL ask them to stay and still the wanted the GDA
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-24-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually its not a dumb post but somewhat spot on. Tophat yes they belong in the ECNL as they always have. The fact that they turned their noses up to the ECNL was all on them. Last year at thecECNL playoff I had a chance to talk to the parents and they were not happy going GDA and now we see and they see why. Blame only should go to the ADMINS of that club tlfor making the decision and trust me ECNL ask them to stay and still the wanted the GDA
Donít make yourself sound smart.

ECNL didnít not have 1/2 the talent GDA had. Top Hat hedged their bets, and it didnít work out. But ECNL is just a ****ty product for parents who have no clue about soccer, like you.

PDA sucked while in GDA, and ruled in ECNL. There is only one way to interpret results. If you donít see it, your brain cells are fried mate.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-24-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Donít make yourself sound smart.

ECNL didnít not have 1/2 the talent GDA had. Top Hat hedged their bets, and it didnít work out. But ECNL is just a ****ty product for parents who have no clue about soccer, like you.

PDA sucked while in GDA, and ruled in ECNL. There is only one way to interpret results. If you donít see it, your brain cells are fried mate.
Youíre actually serious, arenít you?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-24-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Donít make yourself sound smart.

ECNL didnít not have 1/2 the talent GDA had. Top Hat hedged their bets, and it didnít work out. But ECNL is just a ****ty product for parents who have no clue about soccer, like you.

PDA sucked while in GDA, and ruled in ECNL. There is only one way to interpret results. If you donít see it, your brain cells are fried mate.
The answer is very simple. PDA like every other club diluted their talent pool. They did not have enough top flight players for 2 teams. Instead they were spread too thin and both teams lacked depth. Now PDA has a ďAĒ team and a ďBĒ team in ECNL with the difference still apparent with a stronger team than 2 equally strong teams. As far as ECNL; it serves itís purpose as being a league that gives the most talented players a platform to play soccer in a competitive setting vs. competitive competition. You go to an ECNL College showcase there are an average of 100 plus college coaches per game watching. Not bad for a ****ty product. So I do have a clue why my daughter stayed ECNL and didnít move to GDA.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-25-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Donít make yourself sound smart.

ECNL didnít not have 1/2 the talent GDA had. Top Hat hedged their bets, and it didnít work out. But ECNL is just a ****ty product for parents who have no clue about soccer, like you.

PDA sucked while in GDA, and ruled in ECNL. There is only one way to interpret results. If you donít see it, your brain cells are fried mate.
Then please explain why at least nine other clubs dropped out year 1 and as many year 2, including NYCFC one of the best in the nation? Because the owners saw it wasn't going to work, especially when USSF decided to fill geographic holes with lesser quality clubs. USSF went for volume, not quality. That's what ultimately did GDA in.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-25-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Donít make yourself sound smart.

ECNL didnít not have 1/2 the talent GDA had. Top Hat hedged their bets, and it didnít work out. But ECNL is just a ****ty product for parents who have no clue about soccer, like you.

PDA sucked while in GDA, and ruled in ECNL. There is only one way to interpret results. If you donít see it, your brain cells are fried mate.
Listen partner first I am nowhere near smart so forget about the point you made about me "TRYING" to make myself sound the sorts. What I am is wise and I see things as they are and this is for sure in my opinion that you are one of those guys who feels he knows it all when it comes to FEMALE sports and especially female soccer. This is what I can tell you since I had an older daughter go through the ECNL system and was in the 1st inaugural year of the GDA then off to play in college. I have a younger daughter who never got to experience the GDA or had to make a choice whether to. Now I won't say that I am SMART or try to sound it but I am EXPERIENCE when it comes to FEMALE YOUTH SOCCER. Experience enough to know that its nothing like their male counterparts. Not even close but I assume you bring your experience from SOCCER AS A WHOLE.

Its obvious that you have some kind of emotional hate for PDA and trust me I am not here to tell you that you are wrong. I will tell you that its "YOUR" experience and certainly not mine. See I am a believe in the PDA system since both of my children have grown up in that ENVIRONMENT. Again I will put my experience against what you have experienced any day. No matter what sport you play the ENVIRONMENT is the "MOST" important and for my family PDA is the BEST environment for "MY" family.

As I spoke first about TOPHAT I stand by that because it wasn't my opinion but rather a fact, since it was told to me by multiple families from TOPHAT that they did not want to go into the GDA and that many families were not feeling the move by the club. So I say that the fault lies within the club and I am not saying that to kick dirt on them but as a club they made a huge gamble on the GDA and at the end of the day they made their bed and now they have to lay in it until either they are given an opportunity to re-enter the ECNL. Facts are the do belong and and they are one of the top clubs in the country but sorry but neither you or I make the decisions on why and why not they are allowed back in.

In final your rant about PDA not being good in the GDA is just sour grapes on your part because I can tell you and show you that our family was part of the GDA for that one year and sure we didn't win it but in the playoff we TIED a game that we shouldn't and beat the eventual winner of our age group which was the U18 group but that tie really hurt them and they didn't advance. So to say they sucked...again sour grapes partner.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-25-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

To Hat shat on ECNL for GDA, that much is true. BUT they are one of the top clubs in the country. So with that ECNL should look past the dis and except them into ECNL or at the very least ECRL and re-prove themselves. Keeping them out is just petty.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-25-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No on cares about Top Hat. Iím very sorry.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To Hat shat on ECNL for GDA, that much is true. BUT they are one of the top clubs in the country. So with that ECNL should look past the dis and except them into ECNL or at the very least ECRL and re-prove themselves. Keeping them out is just petty.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-28-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The answer is very simple. PDA like every other club diluted their talent pool. They did not have enough top flight players for 2 teams. Instead they were spread too thin and both teams lacked depth. Now PDA has a ďAĒ team and a ďBĒ team in ECNL with the difference still apparent with a stronger team than 2 equally strong teams. As far as ECNL; it serves itís purpose as being a league that gives the most talented players a platform to play soccer in a competitive setting vs. competitive competition. You go to an ECNL College showcase there are an average of 100 plus college coaches per game watching. Not bad for a ****ty product. So I do have a clue why my daughter stayed ECNL and didnít move to GDA.
PDA had their top teams in GDA. The rosters and write ups are still floating out there. So stop with the watered down thing.

PDA showed in GDA that are trained only to be in a system, ECNL, that allows for a full line up change vs limited subs GDA (FIFA rules). Maybe explains the lack of PDA call ups anymore vs an elite club like TopHat.

Like ECNL, the GDA had over a 100 coaches at matches too which is why my kid did both ECNL and GDA and owes zero in college.

Both are/were good leagues that are very different (ECNL less practice & back to back games). GDA because of the limited subs did not have back to back games, except on rare occasions, to allow for recovery.

Hopefully, ECNL takes this opportunity to get it right the second time biting the apple with most of the top teams coming back. The league madness has to stop. Kids need stability. Parents need it too.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-28-2020
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
PDA had their top teams in GDA. The rosters and write ups are still floating out there. So stop with the watered down thing.

PDA showed in GDA that are trained only to be in a system, ECNL, that allows for a full line up change vs limited subs GDA (FIFA rules). Maybe explains the lack of PDA call ups anymore vs an elite club like TopHat.

Like ECNL, the GDA had over a 100 coaches at matches too which is why my kid did both ECNL and GDA and owes zero in college.

Both are/were good leagues that are very different (ECNL less practice & back to back games). GDA because of the limited subs did not have back to back games, except on rare occasions, to allow for recovery.

Hopefully, ECNL takes this opportunity to get it right the second time biting the apple with most of the top teams coming back. The league madness has to stop. Kids need stability. Parents need it too.
Sorry but ECNL has already had it right and has continued to grow. I get it, I really do GDA yes it gave other kids an avenue and gave clubs that wanted POWER or CONTROL or more Control went to GDA in "HOPES" that it was going to do away with the ECNL but that never happened. Some ECNL teams practiced just as much as GDA teams practiced. I know ours did. As far as games I am okay with that but answer me this in college how many times a week do they practice and how many games do they usually play a week. If you ask me it doesn't line up with the GDA at all being that they are practicing and playing in some cases if not most twice a week with a rest day in between. Now this is nothing against the GDA but I find it funny and basically a flat out lie because if your daughter lets say in in college at this point as mine are how does the GDA take credit for putting all those kids in college when most of those kids were already committed in the ECNL or other leagues prior to their clubs coming into the GDA. Now that's funny I am some real funny stuff if you ask me. If you believe that then I have some fresh ocean salt water to sell you along with sand.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.