Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really smart move by PDA. This completely elevates their White team. That fact that they don’t play each other and have that internal competition is huge. Blue teams won’t be as deep as many kids will opt to play more on the White team and I don’t blame them at all. PDA White would also be the second best program in this division on par with PF.
    Both Pipeline and Bethesda are not bad will be middle of pack.

Comment

Really smart move by PDA. This completely elevates their White team. That fact that they don’t play each other and have that internal competition is huge. Blue teams won’t be as deep as many kids will opt to play more on the White team and I don’t blame them at all. PDA White would also be the second best program in this division on par with PF.

I agree with you. PDA is trying everything they can do to manufacture a competitive white team as viable alternative to blue. They are trying to funnel those players into their program.

I am not sure they will be successful though because in real life parents know that white teams are treated as second class at PDA. It is the reason we refused to join after being accepted. She was offered white at PDA. I assume my child is the kid they would like to attract. Good player- two training center invites, but not good enough to displace a good positional player on the u16Blue team. And I guess in their head, why put another solid positional player on their team when they are all filled in that position when she could fill out a starting spot on the white team. We politely declined their offer. I think the white team currently has players two rungs below the blue team on the whole and they are looking to have the white teams be one rung below the blue teams. Instead 6-0 scrimmages perhaps 2-0 scrimmages. That's my read anyway. Blue team is exceptionally dominate in her age group so it might have been a different story if she was a year older or younger. We are not alone in turning down white team, parents feel it just not a great alternative- YET

Comment

Correct not good alternative.

Comment

Does PDA white beat Matchfit? Or not...

Interchangeable player levels.

Two New Jersey choices outside of blue. Same ECNL patch.

PDA South too far for anyone.

Comment

I agree with you. PDA is trying everything they can do to manufacture a competitive white team as viable alternative to blue. They are trying to funnel those players into their program.

I am not sure they will be successful though because in real life parents know that white teams are treated as second class at PDA. It is the reason we refused to join after being accepted. She was offered white at PDA. I assume my child is the kid they would like to attract. Good player- two training center invites, but not good enough to displace a good positional player on the u16Blue team. And I guess in their head, why put another solid positional player on their team when they are all filled in that position when she could fill out a starting spot on the white team. We politely declined their offer. I think the white team currently has players two rungs below the blue team on the whole and they are looking to have the white teams be one rung below the blue teams. Instead 6-0 scrimmages perhaps 2-0 scrimmages. That's my read anyway. Blue team is exceptionally dominate in her age group so it might have been a different story if she was a year older or younger. We are not alone in turning down white team, parents feel it just not a great alternative- YET
            I would guess that PDA hopes that White becomes as good as Blue, and that the club has the ability to attract 2 full teams-worth of players who can play at the highest level.

Comment

I would guess that PDA hopes that White becomes as good as Blue, and that the club has the ability to attract 2 full teams-worth of players who can play at the highest level.
              PDA white has been adding any player from the GDA that has ability. GDA folding was the lifeline PDA needed to make both White and Blue strong

Comment

No doubt but they send an immediate message when their most senior coaches predominately coach blue teams. The least senior coaches usually coach their white teams.

Comment

Then PDA South beats one of the blue/white.

Then, how does that conversation go?

Haters in 5.4.3.2.1

Comment

Then PDA South beats one of the blue/white.

Then, how does that conversation go?

Haters in 5.4.3.2.1
                    PDA South will be competing against PDA blue in one conference. PDA white will be competing in a different conference.

Comment

If PDA South beats a PDA Blue team.

Imagine........

Comment

If PDA South beats a PDA Blue team.

Imagine........
                        PDA Blue parents head would explode......Would be epic!

Comment

Not really

Comment

Would never be allowed so therefore would never happen.

Comment

Only if the coach let uncle Rico play for the last few minutes.

Comment

Blue plays South in conference play so.....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X