Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Filing the lawsuit would cost you far more in attorney fees than you are seeking to get back. Small claims would be only option and then you would probably be limited by the contract you signed at registration.
    No it wouldnt...Im an attorney. Would cost them much more to defend than to refund, especially if a few others cared to join. A few of my kids mates have reached out to me, but nothing definitive until they actually make a decision. Regardless, keep talking about things you know nothing about.

Comment

my thought is that we finished about 2/3 of the year the way it was suppose to go with training and playing games. The online stuff and zoom meetings are basic at best and are just to keep the kids somewhat involved. I would expect 1/3 of my $$ to be placed as a credit towards next years fees as we plan on staying with the club. I would think that would be a good solution that most parents would take.
      I agree, for those who want to stay that's a great outcome. The real question is what if you dont want to return?

Comment

***?? Stuffing the waitier??? We paid separate for winter league, and we only practiced 1 hour 2x's a week for what was about 2 months collectively. We didnt play the spring season- The league refunded the spring fees, and our kids are not practicing. Which in the past is what we were paying for in our fees. So to expect a credit( not even talking refund) towards next year why would that be stuffing someone.

who are you...

and as for folding, Canada was a franchise. They were some ex club guys trying to make it happen and had no money to make it work. Barca should have chosen a better set up there. NY is not a franchise.
        LIJSL and NYCSL are crediting spring league fees, not refunding them. It's not like the clubs got cash back from them. EDP hasn't cancelled yet so they haven't announced any credits or refunds.

Comment

I'm also hearing rumblings of them just cutting ties at this point. Canada is dunzo as well.
          The email they sent clearly disputed this rumor. Their email specifically says there will a video conference call discussing next season AFTER they decide what is happening this season.

Comment

No it wouldnt...Im an attorney. Would cost them much more to defend than to refund, especially if a few others cared to join. A few of my kids mates have reached out to me, but nothing definitive until they actually make a decision. Regardless, keep talking about things you know nothing about.
            Been practicing law for 20 years, know plenty and there just isn’t enough in it to make it worthwhile without a decent retainer, and you know that if you’re an actual lawyer. You want to file for free to get your pound of flesh, go for it, and you also should know their insurance carrier would provide legal defense and wouldn’t be out of Clubs pocket.

Comment

Been practicing law for 20 years, know plenty and there just isn’t enough in it to make it worthwhile without a decent retainer, and you know that if you’re an actual lawyer. You want to file for free to get your pound of flesh, go for it, and you also should know their insurance carrier would provide legal defense and wouldn’t be out of Clubs pocket.
              I'm an attorney I know what I am doing and what I am talking about. Although it's not my concentration (M&A) its only a $20 filing fee. Perfect for a summer associate or a junior attorney in my office, assuming we reopen anytime soon.

Keep talking about things you have no clue about.

Comment

Barca parents only

I'm an attorney I know what I am doing and what I am talking about. Although it's not my concentration (M&A) its only a $20 filing fee. Perfect for a summer associate or a junior attorney in my office, assuming we reopen anytime soon.

Keep talking about things you have no clue about.
                both of you so called "attorneys" are sc-mbags...its too bad corona virus could not target parasites like you, the world would be a better place.

Comment

both of you so called "attorneys" are sc-mbags...its too bad corona virus could not target parasites like you, the world would be a better place.
                  Thanks for wishing death upon me for no reason other than my profession. Stay Classy!

Comment

Thanks for wishing death upon me for no reason other than my profession. Stay Classy!
                    I second the motion, the motion is carried, you die now....

Comment

Where did that wacko Barca Dad go? I think he was an 06 parent, haven’t heard a peep out of him or the other Barca cheerleaders.

Més que un club

Comment

Barca parents only

classic example of "a pot calling the kettle black" from a glorified ambulance chaser pointing the finger and using the word "Classy"....gtfoh

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!

Comment

Im a Barca cheerleader, but I think they have handled this Covid crisis horribly. No zoom training, basic skills and no policy about what to do with all the money they have received to provide trainings that they havent provided.

So, yeah, Ive been a fan for 2 years now, but Im not an idiot....I want a refund....

Comment

Barca parents only

Im a Barca cheerleader, but I think they have handled this Covid crisis horribly. No zoom training, basic skills and no policy about what to do with all the money they have received to provide trainings that they havent provided.

So, yeah, Ive been a fan for 2 years now, but Im not an idiot....I want a refund....
                            If anyone is still paying dues to clubs like susa and barca for BS zoom video training you are a fkg idiot!!!
                            If you are still paying and not even getting a BS zoom video training session you are the dumbest fkr on earth and totally a waste of oxygen and space!!!

Comment

So go to a team that would provide a refund. Oh wait, there aren't any. Most clubs are only providing a credit towards next season which is something Barca is also considering. They are waiting to see what EDP decides in hopes that Barca teams playing in NYCSL can be moved to EDP for a late Spring or Summer League.

Comment

If anyone is still paying dues to clubs like susa and barca for BS zoom video training you are a fkg idiot!!!
                                If you are still paying and not even getting a BS zoom video training session you are the dumbest fkr on earth and totally a waste of oxygen and space!!!
                                Look dumb *****. No one is paying dues for zoom training. Most of dues had already been paid and for those who pay monthly, there were only one or two months left at the start of the pandemic. The Zoom training, conditioning videos and challenges are meant to keep kids motivated, active and communicating with their coaches and teammates. If you want your out of shape kid to just play XBOX or binge on NETFLIX and YOU TUBE all day then that is your prerogative.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X