Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossfire is screwed

The city of Redmond has announced all fields and parks within in the city limits are shut down until at least through the end of August. Not sure how they are expected to train even if the governor allows it. The city removed nearly all the goals and have the removed the basketball hoops or zip tied them shut. Redmond is going to budge on this one.

Would be bad. Article I found that said that was dated 5/24/20. Which is very strange.

Comment

Valor was coming for everyone at Crossfire Challenge this year.

Comment

summer concerts and events are cancelled until aug 30 but it looks like the parks only until jun 30 as of now.

https://www.redmond.gov/1359/Current-Cancellations

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          summer concerts and events are cancelled until aug 30 but it looks like the parks only until jun 30 as of now.

https://www.redmond.gov/1359/Current-Cancellations
          “All Parks and Recreation spring activities, rentals, sports leagues and outdoor activities are cancelled through June 30, 2020”

Comment

Why did you post this? that's exactly what I said? parks are only closed until June 30 as of now, but events closed until Aug 31.

"City facilities will be closed through June 30"

"Summer events have been canceled through August 31, 2020"

“All Parks and Recreation spring activities, rentals, sports leagues and outdoor activities are cancelled through June 30, 2020”

Comment

Sorry to crush your dreams Marymoor is a king county park and is not affected by the city of Redmond rules for it's parks. King county park fields opened for non-organized sports this weekend. I suspect they will continue on an earlier track than city owned fields. XF like all the rest will have to follow the governors phases.

Comment

Why did you post this? that's exactly what I said? parks are only closed until June 30 as of now, but events closed until Aug 31.

Have they pulled the plug on Crossfire Challenge yet. Last email I saw said it was on.

Comment

reading the governor's plan, soccer practices could start in phase 3 but a tournament would have to wait until phase 4. they've said minimum 3 weeks between phases so since we're starting phase 1 now the earliest we could be beginning phase 2 is June 1, phase 3 June 22, and phase 4 could start earliest July 13.

Comment

I am a parent at ISC and was looking forward to destroying out of state teams this year at Xfire challenge. What are the dates again? Be there or be square.

Comment

Calm down, I posted so people who don’t like clicking on links in anonymous message boards could see what you were directing them to.

Sheesh

Comment

Sorry to crush your dreams Marymoor is a king county park and is not affected by the city of Redmond rules for it's parks. King county park fields opened for non-organized sports this weekend. I suspect they will continue on an earlier track than city owned fields. XF like all the rest will have to follow the governors phases.
                        To the original poster, please do just a little research before you start flaming others, you look like a real idiot.

Comment

Crossfire will have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Current King County Park Restrictions from their website

"Ballfields Open – no organized activities "

The sports fields at Marymoor, XF main turf practice facility are following the governors phase system. They do not fall under the jurisdiction of redmond despite being within city borders. Additionally 60 acres park their primary grass training area is also a King County Park.

I live here I'm in the club, I'm already using the turf at the King County Park down the road from me even though the city park next to the house is still closed. The original poster clearly excited to start speculation that XF was in big trouble could have figured this all out with a quick google search "marymoor park"

The club actually seems in great shape compared to many of it's neighbors (Sound, Reign). Just like the rest of us they are adapting as conditions change. They have already worked out contingency plans if there is no income from summer tournaments. They have tightened things up in case this goes on longer than expected, reduced the number of teams, and are paying all of their coaches through Sept with or without training.

Both my kids teams get weekly video calls, and multiple emails with the coach, weekly training plans and assignments. All things considered I think they are handling things incredibly well for a bunch of soccer guys.

While some of our rural county teams in WA may have team practices start a bit earlier than the Seattle metro teams I doubt it will make much difference by the time we get back to playing games.

Based on the tryout numbers they had this year and my experience with the club I'd say Crossfire is far from screwed.

Comment

I am a parent at ISC and was looking forward to destroying out of state teams this year at Xfire challenge. What are the dates again? Be there or be square.
                            Didn't know they allowed fat, balding 300 lbs grown men to play youth soccer. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Comment

Valor was coming for everyone at Crossfire Challenge this year.
                              You are delusional; Valor sucks! But that is the most humorous comment I have read thus far!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X