PSPL vs RCL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at a younger age I'd agree with this wholeheartedly but at age 13 most of the footskills are either there are not there and the focus needs to change toward getting her game minutes with/against better players.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This isn’t going to be popular, but play with the closer team and do EPD. An hour to practice multiple times a week? She would be better off playing with the local team and doing 90 minutes of Footskills in the backyard.

Comment

Harbour Premier is also an option on the peninsula, but it's not much further to WPFC or Reign, or taking the ferry over at Edmonds and going to Seattle United, Sound FC, or Rush. If she was DA, I would probably go with WPFC, Seattle United, or Reign because the drive will be terrible no matter what.

Best of luck, that's a tough decision. At U14, I would go for the stronger clubs in RCL. It is a massive difference at this age.

Comment

Choose a coach, not a club, not a league and not a badge. Find a coach who coaches in a style that compliments your skill set, that will challenge you and has a history of getting players to the next level if that is your goal.

It's a myth that you have to be at a big club to be seen or get a chance. It can help for sure! But it's not necessarily a key variable. There are plenty players that make it from different paths, just as there are many that don't make it from the alleged golden path. It takes many things to work. Start with the coach and go from there, given her age she has time to make that transition.

Comment

Choose a coach, not a club, not a league and not a badge. Find a coach who coaches in a style that compliments your skill set, that will challenge you and has a history of getting players to the next level if that is your goal.

It's a myth that you have to be at a big club to be seen or get a chance. It can help for sure! But it's not necessarily a key variable. There are plenty players that make it from different paths, just as there are many that don't make it from the alleged golden path. It takes many things to work. Start with the coach and go from there, given her age she has time to make that transition.
          Yeah because it is so much easier to find a great coach than a club especially for a new resident....cmon man.

Then you list not one coach recommendation.....cmon man.

The OP is asking about local clubs, not the path he should take with his kids....cmon man.

Comment

Move somewhere closer to soccer.

RCL is a stronger league than PSPL. But the level your daughter plays will be dependent on division within RCL vs PSPL. ECNL will typically be stronger than RCL, RCL div 1 stronger than PSPL. But RCL div 2 vs PSPL div 1? Probably about even. There are good coaches @ RCL and PSPL.

Before every PSPL says bullshi* realize I’m saying in most cases. Exceptions exist.

Good luck. Your beat bet for your daughter is WPFC, Reign, or SU based on where you live. But I’m sure the clubs you mentioned are good options.

Comment

Yeah because it is so much easier to find a great coach than a club especially for a new resident....cmon man.

Then you list not one coach recommendation.....cmon man.

The OP is asking about local clubs, not the path he should take with his kids....cmon man.
              Let’s start listing the great coaches. And not based on licenses. There are idiotic A-licensed coaches out there. Who are the real tactical thinkers with a legitimate ability to teach kids. No one talks about this, but isn’t it the most important thing? There are clueless former-Coerver coaches and former pros at EFC, SU and X-Fire who don’t study anything but coach 3 teams every year to mediocrity or worse. Club badges don’t make one a great coach. So, who are the best coaches? And why isn’t that the most important factor in choosing a club?

Comment

Let’s start listing the great coaches. And not based on licenses. There are idiotic A-licensed coaches out there. Who are the real tactical thinkers with a legitimate ability to teach kids. No one talks about this, but isn’t it the most important thing? There are clueless former-Coerver coaches and former pros at EFC, SU and X-Fire who don’t study anything but coach 3 teams every year to mediocrity or worse. Club badges don’t make one a great coach. So, who are the best coaches? And why isn’t that the most important factor in choosing a club?
                Start a new thread... although we’ve seen this thread many times. In any event you aren’t helping the original question. The parent who asked wasn’t looking for your theoretical bs answer about who cares about the league or club or whatever. If you haven’t anything to say specifically about what is being asked move on. Quit crapping on someone else’s post.

We don’t want to hear how much you love eagleclaw.

Comment

Storm King plays in the NPSL, not the PSPL. Their 07 team played in D3 and their 06 team finished mid-pack in D1. Kitsap's girls 06 and 07 teams were both in RCL D4, so the Storm King 06 team would be the best of the lot. Most of the Storm King teams only play in the fall and most don't do state cup.

Unfortunately they're aren't many top-level options. Good luck!

Comment

Storm King plays in the NPSL, not the PSPL. Their 07 team played in D3 and their 06 team finished mid-pack in D1. Kitsap's girls 06 and 07 teams were both in RCL D4, so the Storm King 06 team would be the best of the lot. Most of the Storm King teams only play in the fall and most don't do state cup.

Unfortunately they're aren't many top-level options. Good luck!
                    Kitsap's 07A team was Division 2 of the RCL, not Division 4.

Comment

Kitsap's 07A team was Division 2 of the RCL, not Division 4.
                      Sounds about the same as Mass. DA.

Comment

Start a new thread... although we’ve seen this thread many times. In any event you aren’t helping the original question. The parent who asked wasn’t looking for your theoretical bs answer about who cares about the league or club or whatever. If you haven’t anything to say specifically about what is being asked move on. Quit crapping on someone else’s post.

We don’t want to hear how much you love eagleclaw.
                        Silly response, dude. The guy thinks coaching quality is important and that seems relevant to the thread. I for one would be interested to know who the best coaches are on the Kitsap peninsula. Instead of trying to shut down conversation, try to encourage it.

Comment

Move somewhere closer to soccer.

RCL is a stronger league than PSPL. But the level your daughter plays will be dependent on division within RCL vs PSPL. ECNL will typically be stronger than RCL, RCL div 1 stronger than PSPL. But RCL div 2 vs PSPL div 1? Probably about even. There are good coaches @ RCL and PSPL.

Before every PSPL says bullshi* realize I’m saying in most cases. Exceptions exist.

Good luck. Your beat bet for your daughter is WPFC, Reign, or SU based on where you live. But I’m sure the clubs you mentioned are good options.
                          PSPL will be a dumpster fire this year with teams having to travel to one lowly turf field in Oregon to play teams that don’t even qualify to play in Oregon’s own state association. If they did, would all be rec level at best.

Comment

Not sure which Oregon club this is, but going to Oregon for a game is better than having to go to Northern Idaho to play a Rec club.

Comment

Very good response

Since your dd is only 13, for the first year anyway I'd suggest playing with the local club and checking out other options when you can. If she's an 06 half of her age group will be freshmen in high school, so the fall seasons are mostly makeshift leagues of 8th grade teams in both RCL and PSPL.

PSPL has a EPD-like program called PSPL surf that is well-designed for people who live relatively far afield. A group training session each month and 3 or so travel tournaments over the course of a year. Not a bad option for getting in some training. You could probably check out their next training session (whenever they're able to do one) and see if your dd is a good fit for the pool. EPD tryouts are in late July or early August, and then EPD trains 1x every month or so followed by picking a travel roster for regionals and then a tournament in Portland on memorial day. I've always found our state EPD to be a lot less than it could or should be.

You could also check out training sessions with Reign and the RCL/ECNL clubs. I know Reign has had players from Kitsap, Eastern WA, even Idaho, and has found ways to make it work. ECNL allows "discovery players" from other clubs, so there may be options to train and play with an ECNL team-- I'd check out a training session with each of those clubs over the next few months and see if there's a good fit.
                              This is a really nice response and may be helpful. Nice to see this dialogue.

Comment

Options

Hello - my family just moved to port angeles area for work and we have a 13 year old daughter that loves to play soccer. Use to play in a DA league in Massachusetts but coming out here - we won't have as many options. I looked at the clubs closest to me and one is called Storm Kings (pspl) and the other is kitsap alliance (rcl) which is an hour drive to get to...

My question - are these organizations any good? Is it worth my time/effort to drive her an hour away to play in the rcl team over the pspl team that is much closer (sequim compared to bremerton from port angeles)

Thanks for input!
                                This may be too late but I am pretty sure both WP and PAC have players at that age on their roster. I believe WP has a player on their ECNL team from there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X