Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I actually feel sorry for some of the Fury girls. Some of those families were a big part of the problem and deserved what they got. Others just got caught up in the lies and got screwed. PR and Fury have shafted them for years, and now he's just getting a few more shots in. I don't think that SUSA is innocent in the deception.
    Truth be told we will be lucky to get away from the trouble makers.

Comment

who knows? by the time a player gets to be ecnl age it is kinda clear if where they fall in terms of talent. The players are pretty clear on who the strong contributors are, why aren't the parents? Aren't they watching the same games?

Comment

who knows? by the time a player gets to be ecnl age it is kinda clear if where they fall in terms of talent. The players are pretty clear on who the strong contributors are, why aren't the parents? Aren't they watching the same games?
        You would be shocked. Haven't you seen a player take an off-balance shot from 30 yards out that rolls to the goalkeeper, and the parent yells "great shot"? I have. Some of them don't have a clue.

Comment

Soccer is very subjective...there have been times where my kid was so off I secretly hoped the coach would bench her so she'd stop embarrassing herself and he tells her after the game that she was a rock-star! Other times I watch my kid and can't believe how amazing she's playing and I hear a gaggle of mommies complaining about her on the sideline.

But yes, for the most part, by ECNL age-ish (definitely HS) it's pretty much weeded out for the most part. Sure you might have a kid that explodes one year because all the pieces finally fell into place, or another kid that looked like she was going to be a stud in 9th grade, but by 10th just fizzles out-but those are more the exception than the norm.

Comment

See you back here in six months let me know what you have to say then.

Comment

Truth be told we will be lucky to get away from the trouble makers.
              Most of the trouble makers are well known by this point. At least the HS age ones. It is hard to stay away from them though..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X