Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Private session prob between 75-90 depending on coach’s being in demand, access to facility, convenience etc
    If you are paying for a 1 on 1 private session , you are wasting your money. All technical sessions should be with small groups so the child is put under pressure while trying to perfect the skill. one on one sessions are great for trying to correct minor technical glitches in one's technique, but to perfect it , she must be put under pressure. Small group sessions from like and similar skill, speed players are necessary for mastery of the skill

Comment

Huh. Disagree.

If you are paying for a 1 on 1 private session , you are wasting your money. All technical sessions should be with small groups so the child is put under pressure while trying to perfect the skill. one on one sessions are great for trying to correct minor technical glitches in one's technique, but to perfect it , she must be put under pressure. Small group sessions from like and similar skill, speed players are necessary for mastery of the skill

Comment

No sarcasm just people pay for the trainers pedigree on winning teams instead of what they can do for individual players. Seen people pay $100+ an hour and post the session and it isn't any different then anyone else's sessions.
        I recommend going to AP2T and they will post of video of your child doing a shuttle run in their Instagram page. Maybe they’ll push a sled too.

Comment

Huh. Disagree.
          Technical training should be done under pressure. game pressure unless you are trying to fix something static like positioning of feet and body in striking or correct posture of the ball when trying to in a one vs situation All technical moves to evade should be taught and mastered under pressure by a another student.. Technical work done with cones are too static and provide no physical contact or speed- no matter how fast the instructor makes you go around the cones. Even shooting should be done under pressure once small technical glitches are fixed. Small group training provides more life like game situations when mastering a skill. You also save money by splitting the costs.

Comment

Huh. I still like one on one. Seen tremendous results. Instructor pressures as necessary.

Technical training should be done under pressure. game pressure unless you are trying to fix something static like positioning of feet and body in striking or correct posture of the ball when trying to in a one vs situation All technical moves to evade should be taught and mastered under pressure by a another student.. Technical work done with cones are too static and provide no physical contact or speed- no matter how fast the instructor makes you go around the cones. Even shooting should be done under pressure once small technical glitches are fixed. Small group training provides more life like game situations when mastering a skill. You also save money by splitting the costs.

Comment

Thats common sense. When you learn to shoot a basketball, its better to learn when someone is guarding you then shooting on your own. Unless of course you are in the beginning stages of a skill. Then one on one is beneficial but after that everything should be in real time. Cone work will not give you the confidence to use your technical training in a game. Repetition under pressure will.

Comment

Thats common sense. When you learn to shoot a basketball, its better to learn when someone is guarding you then shooting on your own. Unless of course you are in the beginning stages of a skill. Then one on one is beneficial but after that everything should be in real time. Cone work will not give you the confidence to use your technical training in a game. Repetition under pressure will.
                Very few trainers put their student under pressure by them being on the field themselves. They usually want you to speed up your cone work.

when some is trying take the ball away from your daughter, she gets to use her new technique in a dynamic not predictable fashion.

Comment

They would be bad trainers then. Go elsewhere or tell them what you want upfront.

Very few trainers put their student under pressure by them being on the field themselves. They usually want you to speed up your cone work.

when some is trying take the ball away from your daughter, she gets to use her new technique in a dynamic not predictable fashion.

Comment

Hey parents, “stay in your own lane”. Your all experts in your own mind. Individual or group training it’s all good for any player. A good trainer should know what is beneficial for a specific player. If they have watched and observed the player they could then make a professional decision what is best for that player and if need be to change it up bring in 1-2 other players as well. Parents think they know best and for the most part your a trainers worst nightmare because your always watching what they are doing and think you know best. A good trainer is one who knows the player, has observed them playing and then can put together a training program that works best for them as an individual player and positionally as well.

Comment

Agree mostly, but you can make requests of your trainer. I’ve never had an issue and never stay to watch the trainings. After all, I am paying. Most good ones incorporate what you request. Usually what you’re requesting has Ben identified by coaches anyway. Again, it’s not rocket science.

Hey parents, “stay in your own lane”. Your all experts in your own mind. Individual or group training it’s all good for any player. A good trainer should know what is beneficial for a specific player. If they have watched and observed the player they could then make a professional decision what is best for that player and if need be to change it up bring in 1-2 other players as well. Parents think they know best and for the most part your a trainers worst nightmare because your always watching what they are doing and think you know best. A good trainer is one who knows the player, has observed them playing and then can put together a training program that works best for them as an individual player and positionally as well.

Comment

I am in my lane.. Most trainers are terrible. They do drills for the sake of drills. Trainers very rarely go out and watch their trainee play the game, nor would they know what to do even if they did. This is not complicated stuff, it just takes a love of and for the game and finding someone who has integrity.

PS Some parents have played and love and know the game much more than some 25 year old kid who making a buck in the states trying to drum up business as a trainer.

As one of my favorite trainers used to Say ( John Saunders) Training should be specific and executed under pressure with speed . The right mix of a small group provides an optimal way to go unless you are working on a specific detail for a specific player. Even then , once taught, they must be able to execute under pressure.

Comment

I’ve been very lucky then, I guess. All of the trainers I’ve used have put my daughter under pressure in numerous drills. This was individual not group training. I guess they just had a lot of energy. I tend to select younger trainers that can really work with my daughter with the proper pressure to improve her technique.

I am in my lane.. Most trainers are terrible. They do drills for the sake of drills. Trainers very rarely go out and watch their trainee play the game, nor would they know what to do even if they did. This is not complicated stuff, it just takes a love of and for the game and finding someone who has integrity.

PS Some parents have played and love and know the game much more than some 25 year old kid who making a buck in the states trying to drum up business as a trainer.

As one of my favorite trainers used to Say ( John Saunders) Training should be specific and executed under pressure with speed . The right mix of a small group provides an optimal way to go unless you are working on a specific detail for a specific player. Even then , once taught, they must be able to execute under pressure.

Comment

I’ve been very lucky then, I guess. All of the trainers I’ve used have put my daughter under pressure in numerous drills. This was individual not group training. I guess they just had a lot of energy. I tend to select younger trainers that can really work with my daughter with the proper pressure to improve her technique.

I can't argue with success. You are fortunate.

Comment

It’s not a question of luck when it comes to picking a trainer. The same with picking a club and choosing a team. Parents/players must vette these people before you decide all these decisions. What works for one does not necessary work for every player. Do your homework, talk to other parents/players you respect and get ere thoughts on a trainer. Attend a training session and see how they work with other players. This is the best approach and has worked for me.

Comment

what a load of crap. depends on the age group and what you're trying to learn. GTFO

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X