Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSA and Glen Schneider looking to bring Cosmos into the club.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Susa is now by far the most expensive club not only on Long Island (Alby was), but probably the whole northeast and by a lot.

And he is pushing them? I thought he was about the kids and families? He has always spoken up about the costs and now he says nothing?

World Class is significantly less and so is FC Stars. Not sure about the other clubs in Ct or Mass.

Susa will be $4000+ I bet before team fees and travel I bet after a modest increase over last year, but that will be a big savings over Alby, so easy to sell to Alby families.
    Not to the Nassau families it’s not.

Comment

How much was the cosmos?

Comment

I don’t care if you are from the Cosmos, Albertson, or any other club. Anybody who is promised something today from SUSA and company will have something totally different in a years time. Boys/Girls, it doesn’t matter. Glen will promise you the world and when it doesn’t “work” out as originally planned the blame will be placed on some “outside” factor. Guess what. That’s all fine and dandy but your kid gets lost in the system for a year or two until you wise up and go to a better program. My advice is just go to a better program.
        I disagree, we got way more out of Susa than we ever expected. I know you're all going to go bezerk, but I have literally said on more than one occasion-I'm getting my money's worth. My kid is happy, we're happy...I guess it all depends on what you're looking for from a club. For us, Susa checked all the boxes-exposure, training, league, communication, location, teammates, etc. and now with all this Covid-19 confusion, I'm really happy we're there.

Comment

For rich Suffolk county families it is fine. That is their target customer. All other affluent players must be willing to spend a many hours sitting in a car.

Comment

I disagree, we got way more out of Susa than we ever expected. I know you're all going to go bezerk, but I have literally said on more than one occasion-I'm getting my money's worth. My kid is happy, we're happy...I guess it all depends on what you're looking for from a club. For us, Susa checked all the boxes-exposure, training, league, communication, location, teammates, etc. and now with all this Covid-19 confusion, I'm really happy we're there.
            I think most people agree, even the SUSA haters, that if your kid is on the A team that SUSA provides value even at their high costs. Maybe even some B teams. But to be on the C and D teams and paying thousands of dollars a year while being pawned off on overstretched second rate coaches, it isn't worth it at all.

Comment

How much was the cosmos?
              They were getting more then what they paid for with Cosmos. If they go to Susa, then they will be paying more then what they are getting. Capeesh?

Comment

I think most people agree, even the SUSA haters, that if your kid is on the A team that SUSA provides value even at their high costs. Maybe even some B teams. But to be on the C and D teams and paying thousands of dollars a year while being pawned off on overstretched second rate coaches, it isn't worth it at all.
                OP here and yes, my kid is on one of the stronger ECNL teams. If she wasn't, I'd probably feel differently. But when I read all these "broken promises" and kids lost in the Susa machine, that wasn't the case for us. When we joined, it was NPL & pretty good placement in strong tournaments and that was fine for us at the time. Bigger concern was ensuring stability. We had neighbors whose daughter had team after team fall apart once she hit HS, poor kid was with a different team almost every year with different players of all different ages and that was something we knew we weren't interested in going through. To be where we are now, is more than we ever expected.

Comment

OP here and yes, my kid is on one of the stronger ECNL teams. If she wasn't, I'd probably feel differently. But when I read all these "broken promises" and kids lost in the Susa machine, that wasn't the case for us. When we joined, it was NPL & pretty good placement in strong tournaments and that was fine for us at the time. Bigger concern was ensuring stability. We had neighbors whose daughter had team after team fall apart once she hit HS, poor kid was with a different team almost every year with different players of all different ages and that was something we knew we weren't interested in going through. To be where we are now, is more than we ever expected.
                  That sounds good but it is an incredibly expensive commitment to play in a high travel SUSA league. Families that can afford SUSA prices for youth soccer clearly have fortunate children but it is simply unrealistic for most families Best of luck.

Comment

If you are the OP and happy at SUSA why did you make that very negative O post?

Comment

That sounds good but it is an incredibly expensive commitment to play in a high travel SUSA league. Families that can afford SUSA prices for youth soccer clearly have fortunate children but it is simply unrealistic for most families Best of luck.
                      No argument there, although it's not quite as high as some of the #'s you see posted on this thread and others. I agree, it's simply unrealistic for a lot of families-but then I look at some that claim we're crazy for spending this kind of money, yet I am left in awe on the crap they spend their money on. We feel we get a lot out of it, from a soccer, social and familial perspective, as I'm sure many others do with their clubs.

Comment

SUSA and Glen Schneider looking to bring Cosmos into the club.

No argument there, although it's not quite as high as some of the #'s you see posted on this thread and others. I agree, it's simply unrealistic for a lot of families-but then I look at some that claim we're crazy for spending this kind of money, yet I am left in awe on the crap they spend their money on. We feel we get a lot out of it, from a soccer, social and familial perspective, as I'm sure many others do with their clubs.
                        in the end, i think, if the kid is happy...the $$$ is worth it.

This is not an endorsement for any club, just a rhetorical statement.

Comment

Kind of sucks for all those families that paid for new facility and will never get to play there..
                          $u$A they need atleast 5 teams at every age group to pay for the new facility

Taxes go up when you finish the construction tens of thousandS

Comment

Kind of sucks for all those families that paid for new facility and will never get to play there..
                            $u$A they need atleast 5 teams at every age group to pay for the new facility

Taxes go up when you finish the construction tens of thousandS
                            At least they know they'll have a club to play for next year...crazy how all these clubs are shutting down!

Comment

At least they know they'll have a club to play for next year...crazy how all these clubs are shutting down!
                              Other than he Cosmos, who else has closed shop?

Comment

Other than he Cosmos, who else has closed shop?
                                Paul Riley

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X