Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about The Football Academy ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah for anyone that didn’t get in to STA
    What does that mean?

Comment

Yeah for anyone that didn’t get in to STA
      You mean the players factory that takes every player possible

Comment

STA will sign your kid as long as he has a heart beat, two legs, and his parent's checkbook ready to go. That's why they have 3-4 teams per age group. They only have one decent squad and the rest are just bodies that give them profit.

Comment

STA will sign your kid as long as he has a heart beat, two legs, and his parent's checkbook ready to go. That's why they have 3-4 teams per age group. They only have one decent squad and the rest are just bodies that give them profit.
          How did this turn into a place to bash STA? STA is a good club hence why they draw so much interest they have 3-4 teams per age. Focus on this new club- don’t deflect

Comment

How did this turn into a place to bash STA? STA is a good club hence why they draw so much interest they have 3-4 teams per age. Focus on this new club- don’t deflect
            Thanks Tim/Tom

Comment

That’s true but just like with any business if the consumers are there and willing to pay so they can tell everyone their Jonny plays for an academy (regardless of the team quality) that’s the environment we are in.

Comment

We were on both calls as we have a kid in small sided and large sided and they had alot of parents on each call. Didn't really say how many teams they have but seems through word of mouth and other parents telling me that most if not all of the teams followed the coaches. As far as the coaches, same coaching staff that were coaching at Centercourt along with new additions to come we were told !
                I heard the whole CFC 2011 boys have moved over. My son is 2011 and I know they were one of the best in NJ. I was looking to tryout this weekend with them but wanted to see if anyone else had heard if the whole 11s were moving over to this new set up. Sorry I know this is specific to an age, but I don't want to waste my time if that isn't the case.

Comment

Pretty certain all the teams have stayed together from CFC from what I’m hearing. Just reach out to them and ask or attend tryouts. I don’t know why people speak in here when they can contact the club directly.

Comment

Yes very very strange

Pretty certain all the teams have stayed together from CFC from what I’m hearing. Just reach out to them and ask or attend tryouts. I don’t know why people speak in here when they can contact the club directly.

Comment

That's because at least half of the posts on these sites are from the club/coaches attempting to promote and/or influence.

Do you really think if the entire 2011 team moved that a parent of that team would have no clue!!

Comment

That's because at least half of the posts on these sites are from the club/coaches attempting to promote and/or influence.

Do you really think if the entire 2011 team moved that a parent of that team would have no clue!!
                        2011 boys had 16 on roster

8 are moving to FA
                        4 are going to Chatham travel
                        1 doesn’t want to play travel
                        3 don’t know

Comment

I am not a current player, thats why I asked?? I was registered for CFC tryouts and they haven't answered me or provided any information.

As it was a popular age group I thought people on here would know some unbiased information before we turned up to tryouts. I guess it's easier to act like a jerk on this page than it is to help people.

Comment

2011 boys had 16 on roster

8 are moving to FA
                            4 are going to Chatham travel
                            1 doesn’t want to play travel
                            3 don’t know

A 7v7 team had 16 kids on it?

That sounds way too high.

How did that work out?

Comment

A 7v7 team had 16 kids on it?

That sounds way too high.

How did that work out?
                              Quite nicely. Mark made a tidy profit on that one.

Comment

Quite nicely. Mark made a tidy profit on that one.
                                Good point but I should've clarified my earlier question - how did that work for the kids?

Did some kids have to not play certain games? If so, did the club refund a portion of the fees?

I get there's some flexibility for how big a 7v7 team should be (10-12 kids I guess) but if I paid a few thousand and then my kid has to skip some games with no refund, that would be a problem.

But I guess that would explain why it looks like the club is imploding anyway (cause and effect?).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X