Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmation for new players before May 5th.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation for new players before May 5th.

Ok so we all know there is a lot of people shopping around at new RCL clubs. Sending emails, making phone calls whatever you’re doing for little Sally and Johnny.

My question is what type of confirmation have you received from the new club that your player will get that offer on May 5th? We all know offers are going out now but official registration is May 5th.

I’ve heard everything from confirmed spots to more vague verbiage!!

What are people getting from the different clubs?

XF

Coaches will begin contacting returning players after May 1 and final team placements, which include any new players to the club, will be released starting in the afternoon of May 5.

Comment

Seattle United has sent out offers to new players, and they are supposed to accept or decline them within a couple of days. Daughter inquired with them, and they placed her on COPA.

Comment

What is crossfire saying to interested players? Is anyone getting hard offers?

Comment

Nothing. My kid is in an affiliate club of XF. We registered for tryouts and haven't heard anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            What is crossfire saying to interested players? Is anyone getting hard offers?
            Xfire returning players told they will hear from their coach

Comment

I have 2 kids on ECNL teams at WP and we have not heard anything about placement, other than what the process is and that we will be hearing from coaches at a later date.

Comment

Please read. Expect for the exceptional handful of players moving clubs, more than likely no one knows what team they will be on. The RCL clubs though would like you to register as soon as possible to lock you in paying for the the year. Right or wrong, they are looking after the clubs existence first and to be able to pay their coaches.

State’s Policy
                Approved by All RCL Clubs April 16, 2020
                Due to Governor Inslee extending Washington State’s stay-at-home order through May 4th, there will not be in-person tryouts for the 20-21 season. The governing body of the RCL has decided to implement a player placement program to allow the teams to be formed in May, and be ready to go once the Governmental guidelines allow clubs to resume playing.

RETURNING TO SAME CLUB PLAYER REGISTRATION:
                Players may register and be rostered for their same club beginning on May 1st.

The May 1st date for registering players can ONLY be: a player who was registered in your club for the 2019-20 season, US Club players, USDA players, non-registered players or players within your own rec/select club association.

These players can sign up for the placement process with RCL clubs effective immediately. This allows the coach and prospective to player to have communication in advance of the May1st registration period

TRYOUT REGISTRATION:
                If RCL players register for a different club’s tryouts, personnel from that club is allowed to communicate with the player/player’s family BUT not offer an opportunity to register with the club until May 5th. This communication between the player and the player’s family with the club is allowed because the player, by signing up, has expressed interest in the this RCL club.

There is no final deadline for registration.

Established RCL Recruiting Guidelines are in place (i.e., an RCL club’s representatives – Coaches/Directors/Administrators/Board Members cannot contact players unless the potential player/family initiates the communication with the club). It is important that a club has evidence showing that the player’s tryout registration was previously accepted to avoid any potential recruiting violations from being raised by another club or by Washington Youth Soccer.

The player placement process is the best solution available to allow the RCL clubs, and the individual teams, to be ready to begin playing quickly upon easing of the social distancing policies in place. Having mutual respect for one another will go a long way in getting our clubs and the RCL league up and running again.

The details regarding the player/parent/club contract are determined by each club.

If an RCL player decides to leave an RCL club to join another club, most RCL clubs allow a player to leave their club as long as the departing player is current with their club dues and fees. It is our recommendation that players who are current should be allowed to leave an RCL club to join another club of their choice.

Paul Bayly
                RCL Commissioner

PAUL BAYLY
                RCL COMMISSIONER | DIRECTOR OF COACHING EDUCATION

Tryout Registration

If RCL players register for a different club’s tryouts, personnel from that club is allowed to communicate with the player/player’s family BUT not offer an opportunity to register with the club until May 5th This communication between the player and the player’s family with the club is allowed because the player, by signing up for tryouts, has expressed interest in the this RCL club.

Comment

PacNW sent out invites to players all this week. Weren’t they supposed to wait until May 1?

Comment

There is no way to enforce any of this. If a kid wants to play for another club, so be it. As long as one is paid up for the previous year, there shouldn't be any issues.

Comment

Nothing. My kid is in an affiliate club of XF. We registered for tryouts and haven't heard anything at all.
                      You should contact the coach of the team you are interested in directly.

Comment

PacNW sent out invites to players all this week. Weren’t they supposed to wait until May 1?
                        I believe conversations and even invites can happen before May 1, but players cannot actually sign up or register for the club until May 1 (or May 5 if coming from another RCL club). At least that was my understanding.

Comment

I believe conversations and even invites can happen before May 1, but players cannot actually sign up or register for the club until May 1 (or May 5 if coming from another RCL club). At least that was my understanding.
                          Surprise, surprise...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X