Reign Academy is going down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

listen the reign both the pro team and the academy have been underfunded because the predmores really aren't that wealthy. they're probably not even 8 figure net worth. now ol definitely has plenty of money it's just are they gonna spend it on this.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I love the comment money talks and the financial backing bla bla bla. Last time I checked it costs a premium to play at Reign and there is no financial support from the top. Let me see the ownership put money into the program to keep these girls playing and traveling.
    Until then the affiliation means nothing more then a name on your jersey.
    Watch out because Bill Gates housekeepers son plays for our club and we are getting a jet and traveling everywhere to play in all the new leagues. LOL!

Comment

Parents, you really have three years or so to get your dd ready to be recruited for college, athletically and academically. Your time horizon is so, so short compared to these @sshole money grabbers. They are preparing for the new crop of suckers..err parents for soccer, not grizzled parent veterans of pay to play soccer. They do not give a two sh1ts about you and your kid. So, stop getting fubar-ed by their bullsh1t and get your dd ready. College coaches recruit players, not teams, for athletic and academic fit with the blessings of the admissions office. Good luck.

Comment

I manage a couple of girls teams, I've been told both age groups will be having 4-5 girls move down from ecnl to A and so on. Wonder where the 5 girls for each ecnl team came from? Probably nothing to do with reign . . . maybe they all moved here from CA.

honestly it sucks, I wish reign could keep it together, because now at these lower teams we have to tell 5 girls we've played with for years they didn't make the cut, and they will have to navigate finding somewhere to play during all of this. So while it's a player grab and exciting drama for the top teams, it's a bit heartbreaking down here at the lower end of things.

Plus you have the reign reserve girls, many of them will not find anywhere to play, they aren't impact players, both ages I checked are sitting 2nd to last place in pspl. If the pspl side fails too. With all the player movement down from upper teams, there's no room to absorb players at the lower end. It's the average players that will be hurt the most from this.

Comment

I manage a couple of girls teams, I've been told both age groups will be having 4-5 girls move down from ecnl to A and so on. Wonder where the 5 girls for each ecnl team came from? Probably nothing to do with reign . . . maybe they all moved here from CA.

honestly it sucks, I wish reign could keep it together, because now at these lower teams we have to tell 5 girls we've played with for years they didn't make the cut, and they will have to navigate finding somewhere to play during all of this. So while it's a player grab and exciting drama for the top teams, it's a bit heartbreaking down here at the lower end of things.

Plus you have the reign reserve girls, many of them will not find anywhere to play, they aren't impact players, both ages I checked are sitting 2nd to last place in pspl. If the pspl side fails too. With all the player movement down from upper teams, there's no room to absorb players at the lower end. It's the average players that will be hurt the most from this.
          So fake this hurts, but I'll play along. If you are a "coach", you would know that all of this bullcrud. When there was just two ECNL clubs (actually just XF ruling the the Seattle-Bellevue area), you had some elite teams. Within a few years, we now have 6 elite clubs. Where did all of these new elite players come from? From like 100 per club so 200 total in all age groups to close to 600 elite players across age groups? Where did these 400 new elite players come from? $$$$.

This is the hangover from the awesome economy pre-COVID-19, greedy clubs and US Soccer, and nutty parents with pockets full of cash to be picked. Well, coach sh1t has changed, so your narrative does not hold water. Unless you can predict the yield rate of players returning and retaining and foresee the state of the economy and personal finances of each player, well this is a wild @ss guess made to protect the club meaning the coaches jobs.

Your club is gathering as many girls as possible, so when there is attrition, you have spares. Most likely XF and Pac. Hell, all clubs. Pac is a big surprise but they have changed ever since they got ECNL. Not a family oriented place anymore. Very XF like imho. MA has this ruthlessness that I have seen before with JB on the girl's side. I heard they cut half of the G06 ECNL team last year and brought in new girls. Almost as bad as JB's firing squad method of cutting girls. Seriously, parents watch these coaches carefully and make sure that your dd is a good place, especially if you are at the point of no return in recruiting. Almost done with this madness.

Comment

So fake this hurts, but I'll play along. If you are a "coach", you would know that all of this bullcrud. When there was just two ECNL clubs (actually just XF ruling the the Seattle-Bellevue area), you had some elite teams. Within a few years, we now have 6 elite clubs. Where did all of these new elite players come from? From like 100 per club so 200 total in all age groups to close to 600 elite players across age groups? Where did these 400 new elite players come from? $$$$.

This is the hangover from the awesome economy pre-COVID-19, greedy clubs and US Soccer, and nutty parents with pockets full of cash to be picked. Well, coach sh1t has changed, so your narrative does not hold water. Unless you can predict the yield rate of players returning and retaining and foresee the state of the economy and personal finances of each player, well this is a wild @ss guess made to protect the club meaning the coaches jobs.

Your club is gathering as many girls as possible, so when there is attrition, you have spares. Most likely XF and Pac. Hell, all clubs. Pac is a big surprise but they have changed ever since they got ECNL. Not a family oriented place anymore. Very XF like imho. MA has this ruthlessness that I have seen before with JB on the girl's side. I heard they cut half of the G06 ECNL team last year and brought in new girls. Almost as bad as JB's firing squad method of cutting girls. Seriously, parents watch these coaches carefully and make sure that your dd is a good place, especially if you are at the point of no return in recruiting. Almost done with this madness.
            This post didn't say that they were a coach. It said they "manage" a few teams. Very likely a parent who just volunteers to help with coordination and logistics.

Comment

Yes I heard the same thing. Bill is trying to do something to merge Reign with WPFC.
              What I don't understand is how WP would deal with their existing ECNL players and the influx of players from the Reign. Are they going to simply push their current ECNL players down to the Black team? Seems harsh!

Comment

What I don't understand is how WP would deal with their existing ECNL players and the influx of players from the Reign. Are they going to simply push their current ECNL players down to the Black team? Seems harsh!
                happens every year at every club. New players push bubble A team that players down to B team. The ones that get upset are the parents and their kids that feel entitled to their roster spot.

Comment

Influx? not likely. Lets say this did happen, you would see less than a couple of players per age group heading down to WP. Xfire made their DA and ECNL teams free and there still wasnt an influx. 90% of the kids will play on their local teams. The other 10% are club hoppers and will always run to a team that is winning.

Comment

I manage a couple of girls teams, I've been told both age groups will be having 4-5 girls move down from ecnl to A and so on. Wonder where the 5 girls for each ecnl team came from?
                    This is playing out at PAC at all age groups for their ECNL teams. Maybe MA’s connection with Reign ex-UW coaches got her an inside track. Regardless Reign should shore up their players if they want them back. For other ECNL teams there are probably more than a few pissed off players and parents thinking they don’t have viable alternatives since there are no tryouts this year.

Comment

PacNW and Xfire should get the top tier players. SU should get just about everyone else if the Reign folds.

The 02/03 teams are where most of the changes will be since you are having to combine two teams and the new players coming in. Gonna be a sad way for some of these girls to end their playing years.

Comment

PacNW and Xfire should get the top tier players. SU should get just about everyone else if the Reign folds.

The 02/03 teams are where most of the changes will be since you are having to combine two teams and the new players coming in. Gonna be a sad way for some of these girls to end their playing years.
                        What about Eastside FC? Don't they have a few of their former players still with Reign Academy after their partnership fell apart?

I would think those players would go back to EFC.

Comment

happens every year at every club. New players push bubble A team that players down to B team. The ones that get upset are the parents and their kids that feel entitled to their roster spot.
                          No one is entitled to a roster spot, but surely clubs have a responsibility to clearly communicate around tryouts, but that never happens. Bubble players get just enough encouragement to try out and enough discouragement for the club to claim the kid was warned about a demotion if that's ultimately what happens...Clubs hedge their bets because they never know what shiny new players might turn up at tryouts that they might want. If nobody better turns up, they can keep the bubble kids.

This year is a little different, with so many strong players potentially looking for a new home. Coaches want to field the strongest team possible and you want kids playing at the right level for their development -- that's understandable. Maybe this year will be more honest because kids don't have to go through days of grueling physical tryouts before they get the talk from the coach. Most coaches know who they want on the roster once they see the names on the tryout registration form.

This would all be a lot easier if clubs stopped pretending everyone's a family -- until we cut you. It's not a family, it's soccer.

Comment

This is playing out at PAC at all age groups for their ECNL teams. Maybe MA’s connection with Reign ex-UW coaches got her an inside track. Regardless Reign should shore up their players if they want them back. For other ECNL teams there are probably more than a few pissed off players and parents thinking they don’t have viable alternatives since there are no tryouts this year.
                            I cant see PAC being a viable option for top players. They are very average at best on the girls side and MA is not a coach to help players. She is very much about her own ego and personal issues hinders her. Her sales pitch is played out. I have witnessed this first hand with EPD. You have heard of the good old boys club? She is the good old girls club at PAC.
                            PAC has much better options to put on the girls side of coaching then the slate they have headed by MA.

Comment

I cant see PAC being a viable option for top players. They are very average at best on the girls side and MA is not a coach to help players. She is very much about her own ego and personal issues hinders her. Her sales pitch is played out. I have witnessed this first hand with EPD. You have heard of the good old boys club? She is the good old girls club at PAC.
                              PAC has much better options to put on the girls side of coaching then the slate they have headed by MA.
                              Disagree 100% with this. MA is probably the top female coach in youth soccer in WA.

Comment

I hope for all those kids who play for Reign something is worked out. Those kids deserve to play just like any other player. Your season gets cut short, your league folds, you lose a chunk of teammates. Their not in a good place. Some of these parents were sold on lies. Does Reign have good to offer I think for some yes but they have major changes every 6-12 months that keeps me away from signing my kid up. Jumping from SU, to Eastside, ECNL to DA, to adding teams in the pspl, moving the club to Tacoma, selling to OL. Too many variables for me and my conservative ways.

But they have good coaches and quality players so I hope they find a home and exists for all their players to enjoy the sport of soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X