Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refunds?

I believe NEP suspended activities through May 4 and NHSL suspended activities through May 31. With schools being distance learning through end of year here and in surrounding states, do you expect NEP / NHSL to just go ahead and cancel Spring seasons? And if so, should clubs provide refunds??

NHSL is still hoping to have a short June season, with reduced fees. I'd expect most clubs will offer equivalent refunds (play half a season, refund half the fees for the season).

I wouldn't put it past the for profit super clubs to refund as little as possible. Look out for claims of "fixed costs", "remote sessions", "weekly emails", or "contract small print" etc as their justifications for refunding less or none.

Or the rumour on the MA board is GPS will simply announce bakruptcy (but this is currently not corroborated anywhere else), in which case any "creditors" will have to get in line.

Comment

It's a difficult situation. Ideally, your tuition pays for your season and it equals out. Reality, some clubs make their profit via tournaments (which have been cancelled) so they are under water.

I never really look at my terms and conditions, but probably should've, when signing the contract. It likely has language that covers this.

I think we're more likely to see credits toward future expenses on bigger clubs with more complicated finance. Smaller clubs, it is likely easier

Comment

We spoke to our club DOC and he said the club is still trying to salvage some of the season. That being the case, he also told us that many tournaments are not refunding money paid, and a few are only giving credits. His conversations with the board lead him to believe that no actual cash refunds will be given, but more in the lines of credits for the fall registration

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          We spoke to our club DOC and he said the club is still trying to salvage some of the season. That being the case, he also told us that many tournaments are not refunding money paid, and a few are only giving credits. His conversations with the board lead him to believe that no actual cash refunds will be given, but more in the lines of credits for the fall registration
          I think it's fine to offer the option of future season credits, but if the rationale is "tournaments have not refunded us so we can't afford to refund you" then how can they afford to run a Fall season with no extra income (if everyone uses their credit)?

Comment

Let's face it, you will NOT get a refund. You will only get a small credit (if at all) bacuse clubs will offer extra training, summer camps, small season, etc. They can't afford to give you money back.

Comment

BAYS league offically Cancelled for Spring 2020

Comment

BAYS league offically Cancelled for Spring 2020
                of course they did. they don't care about squeezing something in

Comment

What about seniors? A credit doesn't help them at all. Understand it is a difficult situation all the way around, but how many parents are really going to feel comfortable letting their kids play a contact support a month or two from now? ODP cancelled the season and is issuing refunds.

Comment

What about seniors? A credit doesn't help them at all. Understand it is a difficult situation all the way around, but how many parents are really going to feel comfortable letting their kids play a contact support a month or two from now? ODP cancelled the season and is issuing refunds.
                    I expect, and only a guess in talking to our Club and an off-hand comment, that those graduating out of the Club would likely get something. Those staying, more likely is a credit toward next year.

ODP has little commitment and outstanding expenses so it's not a problem to give money back.

Comment

ODP still exists!

Comment

Never said ODP doesn't still exist. Just said they are giving refunds (minus a small admin fee).

Comment

FC Stars NH refund policy just published this evening:
                          Graduating Seniors
                          --40% refund
                          or
                          --donate some or all of your 40% credit to the club

Winter/Spring players
                          --40% credit toward 2020-2021
                          or
                          --25% refund
                          or
                          --donate your 40% credit to the club

Fall/Winter/Spring players
                          --30% credit toward 2020-2021
                          or
                          --15% refund
                          or
                          --donate your 30% credit to the club

Comment

Anyone heard from gps?

Comment

Donate it to the club?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X