Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound FC

Heard a rumor Sound FC fired their executive director Joe Hampson. Anyone confirm?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Heard a rumor Sound FC fired their executive director Joe Hampson. Anyone confirm?

No longer on the website. Take that for what it's worth .

Comment

Keep hearing the parents talk on the sidelines how they will be in the ecnl next year all the while their girls side is getting destroyed in the rcl. Sorry parents, not a chance sound fc will be granted ecnl. The club is shrinking every year and they already had a mass defection on most of the quality players last year to Seattle United and xfire.

Comment

yes the board bombed him out. this club can't seem to catch a break.

Comment

Keep hearing the parents talk on the sidelines how they will be in the ecnl next year all the while their girls side is getting destroyed in the rcl. Sorry parents, not a chance sound fc will be granted ecnl. The club is shrinking every year and they already had a mass defection on most of the quality players last year to Seattle United and xfire.
          I wouldn't say that is entirely accurate. Sound has a girls team with a boy on it, they have one most of their games.

Comment

yes the board bombed him out. this club can't seem to catch a break.
            Can’t catch a break or is a continuing display of incompetence?

Comment

Can’t catch a break or is a continuing display of incompetence?
              Good point.

Comment

Feel bad for the families. Several coaches huddled up in conversation at our game against sound the day after it happened. That new facility is no where close to making enough money to cover the rent for the space.

3 different sound parents talked to our coach about tryouts after the game

Wonder what they will rebrand to this time.

Comment

Feel bad for the families. Several coaches huddled up in conversation at our game against sound the day after it happened. That new facility is no where close to making enough money to cover the rent for the space.

I thought the Sound was a feeder club to SU. I am trying to remember. Was it FC Alliance, then merge with NW nationals, and then Surf, then Sound? I highly doubt ECNL will happen, folks.

Comment

I thought Sound owned the building. They rent it? From whom? Who paid to remodel it and put in the futsal court?

Comment

I thought the Sound was a feeder club to SU. I am trying to remember. Was it FC Alliance, then merge with NW nationals, and then Surf, then Sound? I highly doubt ECNL will happen, folks.
                      Sound FC is not a feeder to any club. It’s its own RCL club.

Comment

IMO, Sound should consider folding themselves into another club. Or just simply fold. I thought things were looking up when Eugene, former Pac Junior director of coaching moved there.

Maybe XF or EFC could absorb the club and only keep the best coaches.

Sounds like a ship on fire.

Comment

They should merge with Rush and Snohomish United and have regional teams like SU and ECNL.

Comment

The Woodinville indoor futsal is beautiful, if they’ve completed it. I saw it a while ago while still being worked on. Probably overspent, and now gotta fire staff to pay construction bills.
                            Sound management is un-sound.

Comment

No longer on the website. Take that for what it's worth .
                              So two days ago Sound FC posted a story and video about them taking over operations and rebranding sounders women and u23, including a speech from Hampson and congratulations from the former (?) owners about how well he’d done in negotiating the deal and wishing him luck running the programs going forward, and the next day the guy is gone? Bizarroville. Hopefully Jason F has the soccer side of that deal up and running; both sounders women and u23 have long played a strong role in the area for college-aged kids and recent grads trying to make it to the next level, and sound is taking on a big responsibility in agreeing to run those programs going forward.

https://soundfc.org/sounders-u-23-to...d-to-sound-fc/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X