Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok thanks, Tiverton is pretty much MA. Is this where the Lincoln franchise that was mentioned practices?
    We would drive past Bruno, Bayside and Nefc to get to Tiverton.
    Some Liverpool teams practice out of Fall River and Tiverton. Other Liverpool teams practice out of St Andrews in Barrington. Not sure if that is better for your commute but it sounds like it might be.

If I recall, Bruno is North Providence, Bayside is East Providence and NEFC was Seekonk. GPS was WWIS South/Kingston. I assume Surf will be similar to NEFC and GPS given it is taking teams from those regions.

At the younger ages, find the best coaching you can without having to travel too far.

Comment

Bayside is a joke. They won't be around in another year.

Comment

Bayside is a joke. They won't be around in another year.
        Former Bayside bench player's parents.

Comment

Nah I think scared Surf parent.

Comment

Nah I think scared Surf parent.
            Surf will bury Bayside this year.

There isn't a single coach on the Bayside staff that is good enough to hire.

Comment

Surf will bury Bayside this year.

There isn't a single coach on the Bayside staff that is good enough to hire.
              That is such bull!

Comment

That is such bull!
                Bayside has great coaches: JC and AV are the two best on the boys side. Girls side is lacking boys have a strong program. You have to give them some credit SURF. You are looking very insecure. Bayside should though just be a boys club with pathway to Revs. Let the girls go elsewhere.

Comment

That is such bull!
                  Patrick Barbosa is a grEat cheerleader but sub standard Coach!

Bayside girls program down the pan with a clown like him at the club

Comment

Everyone can see that Bayside is losing their most talented players left and right, on both the girls and boys sides. It is literally a parade out the back door. Recently there have been obvious signs that club management is becoming desperate. As a small club with very limited financial resources, does Bayside have any kind of a future?

Any honest person would say that they have serious doubts that Bayside will survive beyond another year or two. That sounds harsh, but it is true.

Bayside has always survived because they had many of the best players in RI, but this is no longer true. Bayside has never been known for having good coaches because most of their staff are terrible and we all know it. They offered players and families some prestige because they had some strong players because they have always been effective recruiters of talent (but certainly not developers of talent).

With RI Surf knocking at the door and much better clubs from Mass being a close enough drive, families in RI now have choices that goes beyond the rec soccer that Bruno and Mach 1 offer. Bayside's teams are getting much, much weaker and the prestige is gone.

Bayside doesn't have the coaches or the pathway to compete. DPL is utter crap and everyone knows.

What does the future hold for Bayside other than a death spiral?
                    I’d say pretty good. I mean they’re one of two clubs, alongside Bruno where their staff aren’t facing law suits over non compete clauses or immigration issues.

They’ve also produced many pro and D1 level college players so they must be doing something right.

Comment

I’d say pretty good. I mean they’re one of two clubs, alongside Bruno where their staff aren’t facing law suits over non compete clauses or immigration issues.

They’ve also produced many pro and D1 level college players so they must be doing something right.
                      Bruno? Um no. That’s a small town club like Dartmouth Vipers. Basically town soccer. No comparison to Bayside not even in the same league. Literally. Bayside will be fine. Bruno will disappear. NEFC and SURF will battle and lose site of what’s important. Bayside has the passion. They have work to do but they will be ok.

Comment

Bruno? Um no. That’s a small town club like Dartmouth Vipers. Basically town soccer. No comparison to Bayside not even in the same league. Literally. Bayside will be fine. Bruno will disappear. NEFC and SURF will battle and lose site of what’s important. Bayside has the passion. They have work to do but they will be ok.
                        Stop the madness before we choke on our own vomit there JM.

Comment

Patrick is a very good coach, and an even better talent evaluator. Bayside's biggest challenge will be finding opponents who are not locked down over lawsuits. Bruno will pick up some scraps. Unfortunately there will be strong players without options that get left behind.

Comment

This constant attack on bayside only proves what a real threat they are to SURF. Classless SURF comes into town stealing players, whole teams, and coaches from NEFC and Bayside. I hope the parents see the razzle dazzle scam they were sold before it’s too late. Their kids will miss out on atleast a year of quality playing then go running back to their old clubs.

Comment

This constant attack on bayside only proves what a real threat they are to SURF. Classless SURF comes into town stealing players, whole teams, and coaches from NEFC and Bayside. I hope the parents see the razzle dazzle scam they were sold before it’s too late. Their kids will miss out on atleast a year of quality playing then go running back to their old clubs.
                              Feel bad for the surf followers. They will have to learn the lesson i guess. Hard to have another lost year of soccer after missing the spring. Luckily for them, some parents are starting to come around. Many play town also, so at least they will have that.

Comment

Feel bad for the surf followers. They will have to learn the lesson i guess. Hard to have another lost year of soccer after missing the spring. Luckily for them, some parents are starting to come around. Many play town also, so at least they will have that.
                                I’m not sure I feel bad for those parents. They just walked away from their clubs for a shiny new club. They believe their child is extra special so they drop their clubs to chase a dream. Those parents will be filled with regret when SURF doesn’t come through on their promises and their old clubs filled their rosters. They will have no spot.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X