Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is often regurgitated on this site, it’s fun to say, however it simply isn’t true. Saying it doesn’t make it factual.

Participation numbers in HS soccer are substantially higher on the boys side.
    College attendance is substantially higher on the mens side (across all Divisions).
    MLS vs NWSL ? Please, does this even need to be discussed.
    World Cup finals viewership in the US was higher for the women in 2019 than the men in 2018, but that’s only because the US women were in the final. If the men were in the final (LOL), the Viewership numbers would have been substantially higher than the women.
    it has nothing to do with who watches-silly rabbit
    its who plays-
    most athletic boys in school play 4 other sports ahead of soccer (football,basketball baseball and hockey as their sport of choice)
    most athletic girls play soccer and ,basketball and gaining fast is lacrosse
    softball is also huge for girls
    the men wont get to the finals- simply because Americas best male athletes don't love the sport as much as elsewhere in the world

Comment

To get the Neds phase 2 he wants 100k test per week
      How will that ever happen? Even if we have that capacity who is going to get tested?
      Right now they can’t even get 40k per week.
      NO DEMAND
      Is he try to force everyone to get tested frequently?
      I have no symptoms therefore I will not go get tested.
      What’s the point.

Comment

To get the Neds phase 2 he wants 100k test per week
        How will that ever happen? Even if we have that capacity who is going to get tested?
        Right now they can’t even get 40k per week.
        NO DEMAND
        Is he try to force everyone to get tested frequently?
        I have no symptoms therefore I will not go get tested.
        What’s the point.
        Representative broad population testing helps better track infection rates and possible asymptomatic/pre-symptomatic carriers. They can get on top of flareups faster. It's good public health data that helps make better public health decisions

Comment

Representative broad population testing helps better track infection rates and possible asymptomatic/pre-symptomatic carriers. They can get on top of flareups faster. It's good public health data that helps make better public health decisions
          Is that the antibody test or test to see if you have it now? Betting more than half of CT has already had this virus (if not more) but would like data to confirm or refute that.

Comment

Is that the antibody test or test to see if you have it now? Betting more than half of CT has already had this virus (if not more) but would like data to confirm or refute that.
            You would be very wrong - NYC estimate is 20%, Boston 10% so let's split the difference in CT and say 15%.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...sultPosition=1

Nor does the presence of antibodies guarantee any kind of immunity. Scientists "think" it will but there is no data to demonstrate that. Nor is it clear what level of antibodies might give you protections and for how long. Many antibody tests are also wrong (the FDA and CDC allowed a free for all to try and make up for the original Covid test debacle in February). Good piece on antibody testing and what a mess it is https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...versation-cvd/

Comment

Ok but how do you get cooperation
              People are not going to go get tested weekly or anything like it.

Comment

You may not reach that many on a regular basis but I think a lot of people would volunteer now and then 1) out of their own curiosity/wanting their own information 2) to help out. Sa sample that big isn't needed when things are going well, but if cases really ramp up again we will need the capacity.

Comment

So is your plan to goose step everyone in the state in to mandate they be tested? If so, welcome to the site comrade. If he is setting the number at 100,000 knowing that the current number being tested is 40,000 then he is setting an unrealistic goal. Did he propose a realistic method to reach this goal? I did not think we could get worse than dannel...I was wrong

Comment

You would be very wrong - NYC estimate is 20%, Boston 10% so let's split the difference in CT and say 15%.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...sultPosition=1

Nor does the presence of antibodies guarantee any kind of immunity. Scientists "think" it will but there is no data to demonstrate that. Nor is it clear what level of antibodies might give you protections and for how long. Many antibody tests are also wrong (the FDA and CDC allowed a free for all to try and make up for the original Covid test debacle in February). Good piece on antibody testing and what a mess it is https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...versation-cvd/
                    Are you retarded from watching too much CNN? If you have the anti-bodies you can be immune. It just depends how much of the antibodies are in your system. If you have a healthy immune system you will have enough and be immune. If you have a weak immune system then in a lot of cases you don't have enough of the anti-bodies to ward of another covid infection if you are exposed to a high virus load.

So like everything if you are already very sick and old you have to be careful. Kids don't need to worry unless they have a serious illness already. Kids should be way more afraid of the flu than covid. But that doesn't fit the CNN narrative.

Comment

My town offered. Didn’t get tested. No need. Not giving them any data they don’t need

Comment

it has nothing to do with who watches-silly rabbit
                        its who plays-
                        most athletic boys in school play 4 other sports ahead of soccer (football,basketball baseball and hockey as their sport of choice)
                        most athletic girls play soccer and ,basketball and gaining fast is lacrosse
                        softball is also huge for girls
                        the men wont get to the finals- simply because Americas best male athletes don't love the sport as much as elsewhere in the world
                        This dummy wins the stupid award. Ding ding ding. Coming from a guy that never kicked a ball. On our team in college was a gk who won state decathlon, two state wrestling champs, two played on basketball team in college and several kicked for football team. You have zero clue bubski

Comment

This dummy wins the stupid award. Ding ding ding. Coming from a guy that never kicked a ball. On our team in college was a gk who won state decathlon, two state wrestling champs, two played on basketball team in college and several kicked for football team. You have zero clue bubski
                          I was with the other guy until he said softball players are some of the best female athletes. You ever be flipping channels and pass by espn 14 or 15? Catch the sight of a bunch of big bottom girls chugging around the bases?

Comment

I was with the other guy until he said softball players are some of the best female athletes. You ever be flipping channels and pass by espn 14 or 15? Catch the sight of a bunch of big bottom girls chugging around the bases?
                            Ned is a laughing stock

https://nypost.com/2020/05/31/connec...issues-report/

Comment

2 months ago you people were laughing at me taking inventory of my firearms and ammo.
                              I bet you wish you had my stock pile.

Comment

you just proved the point- they played soccer to stay in shape for the sport they loved

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X