Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This move for ISC is about the future. This keeps the ‘06 - ‘08 players at the club. It lets the youngers know there is a future playing top clubs and getting exposure. ‘05 and above have lost too many players for this to bring any of them back. ISC has to do something since Terry Fischer won’t let them into WYS. Will the league work who knows, are the other clubs top level, maybe or maybe not. I guessing these clubs had to do something to keep players and grow. Ideally everyone should be in one league and let results on field sort it out. However we all know that will never happen. So hopefully it works.
    Do you mean stop the money from leaving.....not happening. The good ones will leave.

What happens when GAL folds next year?

Comment

Doesn’t every club try to stop the money from leaving? ISC didn’t have much of a choice. They are stuck. Trying/doing something is better then nothing. GAL may fold next year. ISC and Reign may say all this travel for league sucks. No Cal teams may say we don’t need WA teams in our division. Nobody knows what will happen. Hell we not even have a season with everything going on.

ISC is taking a shot at something. Good for them.

Comment

Do you mean stop the money from leaving.....not happening. The good ones will leave.

What happens when GAL folds next year?
        I wish it wasn't true, but I think the writing is on the wall. I know the DA teams had to do something, and ISC was stuck in no man's land. Unfortunately everyone has seen this movie before, the ending sucks.

Although my DD will be aged out before any big positive changes happen to girls soccer, I hope and will be advocating for the best for the next generation of girls soccer.

Comment

Lesle Gallimore just named League Commissioner of the GA. Gives League some credibility and a fighting chance to succeed.

Comment

Lesle Gallimore just named League Commissioner of the GA. Gives League some credibility and a fighting chance to succeed.
            Lol... why? They could have named Messi and it still wouldn’t grow legs.

Comment

Lol... why? They could have named Messi and it still wouldn’t grow legs.
              I’d take Lesle Gallimore over Messi all day to help build a girls soccer league in the US, work as an ambassador to coaches around the country, and build bridges with other youth soccer organizations. GA really could use a few more clubs in the Northwest and a few other places like Colorado and Texas, and some of the So Cal Clubs clearly see the league as a hedge against not getting into ECNL next year, but the league is off to a decent start with strong conferences in the Midwest, Northeast and Mid-Atlantic, and a good group of teams in Nor Cal (especially with the addition of the former Earthquakes teams). ECNL left out enough good clubs that the league may be viable, and if it works for a year or two those clubs will stop caring about ECNL. Most of them weren’t exactly hankering to get into ECNL before USSF pulled the plug on DA, and those that did move to ECNL before the DA collapsed mostly did so because of the high school rule, which isn’t an issue with GA.

Comment

I’d take Lesle Gallimore over Messi all day to help build a girls soccer league in the US, work as an ambassador to coaches around the country, and build bridges with other youth soccer organizations. GA really could use a few more clubs in the Northwest and a few other places like Colorado and Texas, and some of the So Cal Clubs clearly see the league as a hedge against not getting into ECNL next year, but the league is off to a decent start with strong conferences in the Midwest, Northeast and Mid-Atlantic, and a good group of teams in Nor Cal (especially with the addition of the former Earthquakes teams). ECNL left out enough good clubs that the league may be viable, and if it works for a year or two those clubs will stop caring about ECNL. Most of them weren’t exactly hankering to get into ECNL before USSF pulled the plug on DA, and those that did move to ECNL before the DA collapsed mostly did so because of the high school rule, which isn’t an issue with GA.
                yeah....she did such a great job at UW.

Comment

yeah....she did such a great job at UW.
                  Is this a joke? 26 years...Id say she did just fine. Also 2x PAC12 Coach of the Year, 15 tournament appearances, 2 Elite 8s, 6 years as United Soccer Cosches Board Member, 1 as President, WNT assistant and YNT head coach... she is more than qualified.

Comment

Is this a joke? 26 years...Id say she did just fine. Also 2x PAC12 Coach of the Year, 15 tournament appearances, 2 Elite 8s, 6 years as United Soccer Cosches Board Member, 1 as President, WNT assistant and YNT head coach... she is more than qualified.

all while being out recruited by the Coug's recently. not looking pretty for her final few years at UW. this is coming from a uw alumni.

Comment

Ok Karen. She led a program for two and a half decades with almost no issues. She is the exact type of person we need to lead youth soccer.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2773729]Ok Karen. She led a program for two and a half decades with almost no issues. She is the exact type of person we need to lead youth soccer.[/

Really ? I have no issues with her as a person but with all due respect she is the farthest from a leader to build a league or program. While at UW She was sitting on a gold mine amd was subpar at best. There is no reason why UW should be outside them too 20 every year. Also, if you talk to players they don’t have great things to say about their experience. Sorry but the truth.
                        The league is a will be a circus with second and third level teams and that is a fact.

Comment

I have no issues with her as a person but with all due respect she is the farthest from a leader to build a league or program. .
                          This is a gross over-exaggeration and does not help your argument in the slightest.

Comment

Any updates? Heard rumors they were going to add a couple more Washington clubs to this conference. Would think they want six to split it from NorCal.

Comment

Eagleclaw hit a snag but should be approved soon

Comment

Heard a couple eastern Washington clubs are in.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X