Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington Tournaments 2020

Looks like clubs are moving dates around which is good for the players to get some games in. Hopefully we can get 3 local tourneys in this summer and support some of the local clubs and get the players some much needed field time (fun).

Dont really see anyone travelling out of State this year or even down to Oregon. This is how it was suppose to be before all the travelling got out of hand.

What tourneys are you looking forward too?

Xfire and Bigfoot were my favorite.

WPFC has a decent one but it was always in the beginning of June and traffic was horrible on Fridays.

Never been a fan of the tourneys at Starfire because they always had some weird format and their brackets and tie breakers never made any sense.

Been to some of the smaller ones too like at ISC, Kick in the Grass, Cornucopia Cup, Rush, etc.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like clubs are moving dates around which is good for the players to get some games in. Hopefully we can get 3 local tourneys in this summer and support some of the local clubs and get the players some much needed field time (fun).

Dont really see anyone travelling out of State this year or even down to Oregon. This is how it was suppose to be before all the travelling got out of hand.

WPFC has a decent one but it was always in the beginning of June and traffic was horrible on Fridays.

Never been a fan of the tourneys at Starfire because they always had some weird format and their brackets and tie breakers never made any sense.

Been to some of the smaller ones too like at ISC, Kick in the Grass, Cornucopia Cup, Rush, etc.
    Surf Cup has announced it is on (smaller and spread over four weekends) and that the other local clubs will be putting on tournaments at Oceanside on the same weekends. They pushed the dates back a bit too. Silverlakes supposedly still on as well, although now earlier than surf.

Comment

Surf Cup has announced it is on (smaller and spread over four weekends) and that the other local clubs will be putting on tournaments at Oceanside on the same weekends. They pushed the dates back a bit too. Silverlakes supposedly still on as well, although now earlier than surf.
      Curious if you think any club or team will allow out of state travel this summer? I just cant see parents approving but I may be out of the loop.

Comment

Curious if you think any club or team will allow out of state travel this summer? I just cant see parents approving but I may be out of the loop.
        With the showcase age groups the first two weekends of August I could see going to Surf Cup, especially since they moved the application deadline back to July to allow more time to assess the situation (and see how it goes with some of the pro leagues and local youth club trainings that are back on line or coming back on line over the next few weeks). Pretty much everyone is saying the situation should be good both here and in California in July and August. With the significant risk that a second wave could wipe out much of the winter that may be the most reliable window for strong teams and players to get in some good games.

Comment

I’m not sure how many tournaments we’re going to see this summer at all, but maybe the August and Labor Day weekend ones will work out in some limited capacity.

When was the last time you were at a tournament at Starfire? Their bracketing and tiebreakers are pretty much the same as the others you mention.

Comment

NCAA dead period has been extended through July 31. If it gets extended through August or even mid August, who would want to travel to Surf or Silverlakes with no coaches in attendance? Not to mention, players probably wouldn’t showcase well with so few practices.

Comment

I’m not sure how many tournaments we’re going to see this summer at all, but maybe the August and Labor Day weekend ones will work out in some limited capacity.

When was the last time you were at a tournament at Starfire? Their bracketing and tiebreakers are pretty much the same as the others you mention.
              The tourney setup is crappy. I just pulled up some random bracket from last year from the Eastside Tourney there.

Same crap....one team played 5 games, 1 played 4 and 3 played 3. Whether its 5 teams or 15 teams, same old crap. I could go on but the tourneys their are the worst.

Dont let me bring up how bad the Winter Showcase is.....how do you have a college showcase but have games all over King County? College coaches want to be in one location to bounce around fields. At least leave the college showcase kids at one location.

Comment

NCAA dead period has been extended through July 31. If it gets extended through August or even mid August, who would want to travel to Surf or Silverlakes with no coaches in attendance? Not to mention, players probably wouldn’t showcase well with so few practices.
                Coaches can watch games and email and talk to recruits during a dead period. Just no in person contact or formal or informal campus visits. With camps cancelled
                in July and all the spring and summer showcases already out the window coaches may be even more inclined to make it to Surf, but I agree it wouldn’t make sense for teams from here unless they can get in a few weeks of training first (fingers crossed).

Comment

Which soccer tourneys are still planned for this summer? Looking for something mid July to end of August.

Comment

Which soccer tourneys are still planned for this summer? Looking for something mid July to end of August.
                    As of now, XF Challenge still scheduled for July over two weekends based on age, Bigfoot on August 14-17, and Rainier Challenge was just moved to August 21 to 24.

Comment

King County just approved for Phase 2 meaning at the absolute best 10 July is the earliest possible date for Phase 3. I’m amazed Crossfire hasn’t moved, at least, the older kids yet.

Comment

King County just approved for Phase 2 meaning at the absolute best 10 July is the earliest possible date for Phase 3. I’m amazed Crossfire hasn’t moved, at least, the older kids yet.
                        Modified phase 1 began on June 5, allowing all outdoor activities at phase 2 levels starting then. King County could apply for modified phase 2, allowing outdoor activities at phase 3 levels, as soon as June 26.

Comment

If you want to cling to that hope, have fun. This is the nail in the coffin for our team. We are not playing.

Comment

If you want to cling to that hope, have fun. This is the nail in the coffin for our team. We are not playing.
                            Sign up....if it doesnt happen, you will get refunded.

Comment

Nah, we will plan friendlies with some other teams if it’s Phase 3 by then and save our parents a couple hundred dollars...even if a modified Phase 2 started next week, that would be 2 weeks of full sided practice before the tournament weekend after 3+ months. Not worth it for us.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X