Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fun with maps

Not sure who made this or why but it is pretty cool. Tuns out there are a sh*t load of teams across this country.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/ed...1115000001&z=5

Comment

Five powerhouse clubs added to GAL:

Sporting Delaware
      San Francisco Elite
      Baltimore Union
      Baltimore Celtic
      West Coast Soccer

No, I did not make up these club names

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Sporting Delaware
        San Francisco Elite
        Baltimore Union
        Baltimore Celtic
        West Coast Soccer

It looks like stiff competition for the Philadelphia Ukrainians.

Comment

Yikes! Baltimore Union is awful

Comment

Union & Celtic are a combined team.

Comment

Sporting Delaware
              San Francisco Elite
              Baltimore Union
              Baltimore Celtic
              West Coast Soccer

The SF Elite, is that an all-gay club??

Comment

Indeed, very stiff, especially from the SF Elite, heard they were very hard competition...

Comment

Eh, I don't think they're awful across the board, maybe the team you've seen but as a club they're OK. It looks like GAL is looking to gut USYS/EDP, I think those clubs are nuts to leave one of the most established leagues in the country to jump into the unknown but I guess they think it differentiates them from the rest of the circus of USYS/EDP.

I've said it from the beginning, EDP bastardized USYS with their "everyone is in the National League!!!" approach and it's unfortunate. It really used to be a place for top teams to compete against other top teams.

Comment

Sporting Delaware
                    San Francisco Elite
                    Baltimore Union
                    Baltimore Celtic
                    West Coast Soccer

Sporting Delaware is powerhouse enough to play ECNL on their boys program.

Comment

Eh, I don't think they're awful across the board, maybe the team you've seen but as a club they're OK. It looks like GAL is looking to gut USYS/EDP, I think those clubs are nuts to leave one of the most established leagues in the country to jump into the unknown but I guess they think it differentiates them from the rest of the circus of USYS/EDP.

I've said it from the beginning, EDP bastardized USYS with their "everyone is in the National League!!!" approach and it's unfortunate. It really used to be a place for top teams to compete against other top teams.
                      So what about HS soccer. They are allowing “flexibility”. This is not allowing full HS. I can’t imagine for a clearly second tier league this will fly. I guess they didn’t learn from DA

Comment

So what about HS soccer. They are allowing “flexibility”. This is not allowing full HS. I can’t imagine for a clearly second tier league this will fly. I guess they didn’t learn from DA
                        If a player wants to play HS, they can play HS. Why is that difficult to digest?

Comment

If a player wants to play HS, they can play HS. Why is that difficult to digest?
                          My understanding is that you are too limit your HS trainings and maybe games based on your GA clubs training schedule. This is the expectation as I have been told. I am joining a local GA club webinar tomorrow and just trying to understand. Thank you.

Comment

Yeah, it's not that simple. There's a long list of rules that the player and the HS coach have to agree to. Things like no HS game the day before a club game, or no HS practice on the same day as club practice, etc. It's basically impossible for a serious player to do both in this league (and I don't think any self-respecting HS coach will agree to it).

Comment

Yeah, it's not that simple. There's a long list of rules that the player and the HS coach have to agree to. Things like no HS game the day before a club game, or no HS practice on the same day as club practice, etc. It's basically impossible for a serious player to do both in this league (and I don't think any self-respecting HS coach will agree to it).
                              There will be constant conflicts with practices and games all season. Add to that time needed for travel, getting homework done, sleep and some social time. Both team coaches will expect you to make their team your first priority. Some may be true jerks about it. It becomes untenable most times. CT actually bans doing both in season and some other ststes have a rule HS has to always be your first priority

Comment

My understanding is that you are too limit your HS trainings and maybe games based on your GA clubs training schedule. This is the expectation as I have been told. I am joining a local GA club webinar tomorrow and just trying to understand. Thank you.
                                It's club dependent, but the official position is if you want to play HS, play. The request is you make Club practices when you can. But, the understanding is HS takes priority.

Depending on which state you live in, it may not matter. Some states forbid any activity outside HS so you won't be able to do any Club activities. In that case, the Club will have to wait for you. If there aren't enough players to have games due to this, the Clubs will just do trainings until this. This last mention is similar to ECNL, the only difference being those who don't want to play HS will still have Club trainings.

In short, play HS if you want.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X