Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You put your foot in your mouth, are on your heels now and super defensive. Your bad.

The kid could really stand to do well in soccer. He and his family are refugees and simply trying to make it in this foreign world. Would like nothing more than to see him succeed. I hope you are right about his potential. Someone said earlier that he has learned a lot in a short time, which is true. He has come a long way. He needs the right coach to develop and foster his game.
    Wow...just read all of this. First off, I was totally on board with WST's 99 being identified as having potential to become elite. I agree with that assessment wholeheartedly. Secondly, I (unlike the overly sensitive, PDX Libtard who attempted to make the identification a racial profiling when there was no need) totally understood the reference of "in his DNA" to mean that it is glaringly obvious to anyone who has seen him play that he has been blessed with God given athleticism. The original poster made no reference to race, yet somebody CHOSE to go there. Very sad to see that as it was unnecessary, and just reminds me of how jacked up our country is right now. I have a feeling that the A-hole WST parent is insanely jealous about said player receiving attention instead of his ordinary son. And let's be honest Westside, you have a lot of ordinary. You have yet to beat FC or Crossfire. Doesn't look like you will either. So can we all agree, 99 has great potential not because of the cor of his skin, but because he is a fast, athletic kid who has obvious heart and passion for a game he is only beginning to learn?

Comment

Actually it is exactly the reason you do at a young age.....
      Unreal. You think physical characteristics are the defining property for footballers?

Holy hell. We're so screwed and we don't even know it.

Comment

You put your foot in your mouth, are on your heels now and super defensive. Your bad.

The kid could really stand to do well in soccer. He and his family are refugees and simply trying to make it in this foreign world. Would like nothing more than to see him succeed. I hope you are right about his potential. Someone said earlier that he has learned a lot in a short time, which is true. He has come a long way. He needs the right coach to develop and foster his game.
        Actually only one with a body part in themselves is you- your head is so far up your ass that it obviously cut off the blood and oxygen supply long enough to cause some mental issues. Not defensive just pointing out the fact that you continue to be a d bag and grasp at straws....

Comment

The Oregon little DA is already a league pretty much decided by athleticism over quality. And here we have adults pumping up a player not on soccer iq, not on technical ability, but on athletic potential. And one adult saying this is the MAIN qualification of a youth player.

You people will never learn.

Comment

Unreal. You think physical characteristics are the defining property for footballers?

Holy hell. We're so screwed and we don't even know it.
            No not at all, but what I do know is you can’t win later if you are of nearly equal technical skill yet completely outclassed physically. It’s funny you seem to be arguing that having technically skilled slugs is the answer. Just look at what is happening in the current DA landscape, here and in Seattle. Who is dominating the games? It’s the kids like RF (who may not be the most technically skilled, yet still proficient) who just physically overwhelm most kids especially the one dimensional highly technical ones. I know physical tools can cover up and erase many of the other issues and only time will tell if a kid like 99 can develop the necessary foot skills to take advantage of the god given physical tools he has been given. I would rather take my chances on a kid like that and possibly hit a grand slam then waste a year or two with a kid with a low ceiling that I am going to replace in a few years with a kid from Florida anyway....

Comment

The Oregon little DA is already a league pretty much decided by athleticism over quality. And here we have adults pumping up a player not on soccer iq, not on technical ability, but on athletic potential. And one adult saying this is the MAIN qualification of a youth player.

Not in the least, what I am saying is he is the only one on the current westside roster worth wasting any time on as he is the only one with long term potential at this point in time.....

Comment

This whole line of conversation would be amusing if it weren't so disturbing.

1) It sounds like someone is busy trying to stir the pot by singling one particular Westside player for praise. If that's the case, I would advise fellow Westside parents (I'm not related to either #99 or #7, the two players namechecked today) to not fall for it.

2) Most of the kids in the Oregon DA won't ever be in Timbers Academy, or ever sniff a pro contract. Many may be good HS players, and probably more than a few might play collegiately (even though men's soccer scholarships aren't given out like candy). Enjoy your kids, and enjoy your kids' teammates. Heck, most of the kids in TA won't ever play professionally.

3) I will assume good faith and accept on face value the claim that the "DNA" comment wasn't racial in intent. Generally, if someone is a racist, they will give more obvious evidence. (The WashT parent whining about WT bringing in "ethnic" ringers a few weeks back--that comment rang a few more bells).

4) The best players have a combination of athletic ability and good touch. Some players are stronger in one area, some in the other. But you need to be excellent in both to "make it". Trying to pick out who will "make it" at this age remains a fools errand. Most kids can be ruled out (and most kids in the DA program probably can be ruled out--the program is useful even if the "funnel" is only a small subset of the kids), but picking who will be great at 23 out of a bunch of 13-year-olds is a fools errand.

5) TA tends to prefer technical ability over athletic ability. Some of the kids in TA are better athletes than others (and many are small kids who do get "blown off" the ball in games), but none of them (possibly excepting Slytherin House) are unskilled players. Little DA, on the other hand, is full of excellent athletes who are a step below in soccer skill. Some of them will improve and possibly get a chance to move on, most won't. That's OK. This paragraph should not be construed to refer to any specific players or clubs.

Comment

This whole line of conversation would be amusing if it weren't so disturbing.

1) It sounds like someone is busy trying to stir the pot by singling one particular Westside player for praise. If that's the case, I would advise fellow Westside parents (I'm not related to either #99 or #7, the two players namechecked today) to not fall for it.

2) Most of the kids in the Oregon DA won't ever be in Timbers Academy, or ever sniff a pro contract. Many may be good HS players, and probably more than a few might play collegiately (even though men's soccer scholarships aren't given out like candy). Enjoy your kids, and enjoy your kids' teammates. Heck, most of the kids in TA won't ever play professionally.

3) I will assume good faith and accept on face value the claim that the "DNA" comment wasn't racial in intent. Generally, if someone is a racist, they will give more obvious evidence. (The WashT parent whining about WT bringing in "ethnic" ringers a few weeks back--that comment rang a few more bells).

4) The best players have a combination of athletic ability and good touch. Some players are stronger in one area, some in the other. But you need to be excellent in both to "make it". Trying to pick out who will "make it" at this age remains a fools errand. Most kids can be ruled out (and most kids in the DA program probably can be ruled out--the program is useful even if the "funnel" is only a small subset of the kids), but picking who will be great at 23 out of a bunch of 13-year-olds is a fools errand.

5) TA tends to prefer technical ability over athletic ability. Some of the kids in TA are better athletes than others (and many are small kids who do get "blown off" the ball in games), but none of them (possibly excepting Slytherin House) are unskilled players. Little DA, on the other hand, is full of excellent athletes who are a step below in soccer skill. Some of them will improve and possibly get a chance to move on, most won't. That's OK. This paragraph should not be construed to refer to any specific players or clubs.
                  There isn’t one kid in the academy that will get a pro contract. The TA doesn’t know what to do with talent. They burn them and send them home. Heck, there’s a Camas kid that TA didn’t think was pro material and New York Red Bull’s signed him. Seattle Sounders just signed a couple of ‘02 players to first team contracts. PTFC isn’t even looking at that. The TA needs a complete overhaul!

Comment

Excuse me? What do you mean by "you people?" Are you saying that because we are African American? You are a racist.

Comment

Excuse me? What do you mean by "you people?" Are you saying that because we are African American? You are a racist.
                      Was clearly referring to youth soccer parents/coaches hyping physical abilities.

Comment

Was clearly referring to youth soccer parents/coaches hyping physical abilities.
                        Using the phrase "you people" as a means to support your argument, only heightens the fact that you are a narrow minded, Jack booted neo Nazi, Trump sympathizing, racist. Keep your backwoods, Mississippi mind set, out of my forum. Seriously. Who the hell do you think you are to disparage others because they DARE to prefer a different type of player than your cookie cutter, Lilly white, slow footed, small in stature, amazingly technical little snow flake. Keep my and my family's name out of your mouth Adolf.

Comment

There isn’t one kid in the academy that will get a pro contract. The TA doesn’t know what to do with talent. They burn them and send them home. Heck, there’s a Camas kid that TA didn’t think was pro material and New York Red Bull’s signed him. Seattle Sounders just signed a couple of ‘02 players to first team contracts. PTFC isn’t even looking at that. The TA needs a complete overhaul!
                          Needs to start with scouting. They shouldn’t have parents whispering in the coaches ears about who should be on the team like at crows v 4H yesterday. Guess who was there watching and whispering with Hasson.

Comment

Using the phrase "you people" as a means to support your argument, only heightens the fact that you are a narrow minded, Jack booted neo Nazi, Trump sympathizing, racist. Keep your backwoods, Mississippi mind set, out of my forum. Seriously. Who the hell do you think you are to disparage others because they DARE to prefer a different type of player than your cookie cutter, Lilly white, slow footed, small in stature, amazingly technical little snow flake. Keep my and my family's name out of your mouth Adolf.
                            I don't know who wrote this pile of nonsense, but it certainly isn't either of the parents of #99, neither of whom would embarrass themselves in a public forum in this fashion.

Perite, trogladytum!

Comment

Get control of yourself. There are a ton of bad players of all backgrounds in this state who have neither the technical, tactical, or physical chops to make it on an elite track. The solution to that is not to find a very specific type of bad player and declare that they have potential. That goes for any color kid with any size wallet.

Now just to be clear: I don't even know the player you're talking about. When I said "you people" I was very specifically referring to youth soccer parents and coaches who couldn't identify talent if their lives depended on it. They are in the majority here.

If "you people" is such a loaded phrase that you have to stop listening and make accusations of Nazism, then I apologize for using it. I also submit that you need to calm the eff down.

Comment

Troll.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X