Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    99? HAHAHAHAHA! You are silly. He would benefit most by being on a B team and learning the very basics. ML does belong at TA and has the potential to do very well there. The WT 2006 also going to TA. AP would be a fantastic addition to WT and welcomed in high regard. Will see who shows up on Wed. Should all of this fall into place, it seems these kids are exactly where they belong.
    You completely missed the point of my post so let me spell it out for you. There was not a single player ON westside’s roster that SHOULD be on TA, but if there was one that I could see with long term potential to make it at the next level it would be 99 who needs a lot of training but he has the other intangibles that others will never have because of his dna and physical ability

Comment

Cuervos=pura chitta...

Comment

WaT 6, CFC 1

CFC goal was late. Sideline got quieter as the game progressed.

Comment

You completely missed the point of my post so let me spell it out for you. There was not a single player ON westside’s roster that SHOULD be on TA, but if there was one that I could see with long term potential to make it at the next level it would be 99 who needs a lot of training but he has the other intangibles that others will never have because of his dna and physical ability
          You are showing your crazy. Just stop now.

Comment

because of his dna and physical ability
            These are almost never good reasons to invest resources in a 12-13 year-old.

Comment

Yah because they are definitely being better used on the current kids there now right?? you are the crazy one. People seem to forget that as the pyramid narrows those that can’t keep up physically get left behind because everyone by that point has technical ability. Unfortunately, many of the current players rostered will or have topped out physically which is why we see so many kids flown in to fill the TA rosters at the older ages. They may are equal in technical skill but are so far beyond many kids here physically that it is not funny. So why waist time with a kid who will never have the foot or straight line speed to impact the game beyond the next few years? Because you like him and he is a good kid from Westside? Why not invest some time in that kind of kid (99)who with proper coaching and technique could be a terror on the soccer field for many years to come?? Those that make it to the next level have technical and PHYSICAL ability. Not sure which plodding show juggling cone weaver you are trying to protect but get real...

Comment

Actually it is exactly the reason you do at a young age.....

Comment

State Cup: Farmers 3, Crows 2

Comment

Westside's #99 is an interesting prospect. Here we have a seventh grader who is nearly 6' tall, can probably run a mile in 5:30 (which is near elite speed for that age) and is otherwise an athletic stud, but is relatively new to soccer (and lacks the touch of most kids in the DA), albeit is a fast learner. (He's gotten a lot better very quickly).

The interesting question is--what do you do with a player like this? (Or with other players with a similar profile--99 is a bit of an outlier, but Westside has several players on its roster who are freak athletes with a heavy touch). A lot depends, I guess, on where you think they lie in the bio-band: is he simply an early bloomer physically, who will lose his physical advantage as he and his peers age, or is he an elite-level athlete who will always have a physical advantage over his age cohort, and who could be something truly special if his technique could be brought up to par?

I don't know the answer to this question. At this point, he probably would be eaten alive in the TA; but if he continues to develop, he could be great. Putting him on a B team would be a waste of his talent--he'd probably dominate that level of competition based on physical abilities alone; he (like all players) needs to be in a place where he is challenged.

He's a great kid, though. Already he probably can defend RF about as well as anyone in the Oregon DA, simply by virtue of being bigger and faster.

Comment

What exactly do you mean by dna? Because he is African American, you assume he must be a good athlete. Please, spread your wisdom without racial profiling. You are coo-coo for cocoa puffs.

Comment

What exactly do you mean by dna? Because he is African American, you assume he must be a good athlete. Please, spread your wisdom without racial profiling. You are coo-coo for cocoa puffs.
                        You should feel stupid for bringing this up as I think it is a reach to suggest the original post had anything to do with race. This is an inflammatory statement that will lower the already low standards in this forum. I am a casual observer but have seen this kid. Setting ethnicity completely aside you can see that he is athletic, tall, and has good soccer instincts. I am guessing that DNA would mean that he is blessed with these attributes and hence the DNA quote. My son is fast and caucasian and people have said that his speed is in his DNA which I take as to mean "not learned".

Comment

You should feel stupid for bringing this up as I think it is a reach to suggest the original post had anything to do with race. This is an inflammatory statement that will lower the already low standards in this forum. I am a casual observer but have seen this kid. Setting ethnicity completely aside you can see that he is athletic, tall, and has good soccer instincts. I am guessing that DNA would mean that he is blessed with these attributes and hence the DNA quote. My son is fast and caucasian and people have said that his speed is in his DNA which I take as to mean "not learned".
                          Wasn't asking you. Was asking the OP. Go back to being a "casual observer." Or wait, you are probably the OP fronting as a casual observer.

Calling out DNA with a minority in such a way is in fact racial profiling. Calling it like it is.

BTW, there are no standards on this forum. You new here?

Comment

Like previous poster said, he is big, long and super athletic (which is what I meant by dna)for a kid this age. If he keeps growing and developing his technical game the sky is the limit. Has nothing to do with his race a hole but nice try

Comment

Wasn't asking you. Was asking the OP. Go back to being a "casual observer." Or wait, you are probably the OP fronting as a casual observer.

Calling out DNA with a minority in such a way is in fact racial profiling. Calling it like it is.

BTW, there are no standards on this forum. You new here?
                              I am the op and you are completely reaching by playing the race card. The kid is long, fast, reacts and anticipates well and physically covers for his lack of soccer knowledge due to only playing for about a year according to those I know at westside. They say he has a brother who is bigger so I am assuming he continues to grow and will obviously fill out and get even stronger as he gets older. That is what I meant by saying dna dickhead. Sorry that you are such a insecure idiot that you have to take everything from a victims viewpoint. If anyone should be considered racist it’s you for taking this to that place.

Comment

I am the op and you are completely reaching by playing the race card. The kid is long, fast, reacts and anticipates well and physically covers for his lack of soccer knowledge due to only playing for about a year according to those I know at westside. They say he has a brother who is bigger so I am assuming he continues to grow and will obviously fill out and get even stronger as he gets older. That is what I meant by saying dna dickhead. Sorry that you are such a insecure idiot that you have to take everything from a victims viewpoint. If anyone should be considered racist it’s you for taking this to that place.
                                You put your foot in your mouth, are on your heels now and super defensive. Your bad.

The kid could really stand to do well in soccer. He and his family are refugees and simply trying to make it in this foreign world. Would like nothing more than to see him succeed. I hope you are right about his potential. Someone said earlier that he has learned a lot in a short time, which is true. He has come a long way. He needs the right coach to develop and foster his game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X