Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weston FC GDA on probation

U.S. Soccer Girls’ Development Academy will place Weston FC on probation and explore removing membership if standards don’t improve during the 2019-20 season.

Rumor heard in GA this weekend. After being out performed by SFFA I think there is reason for concern. Also hearing that Miami Inter CF are starting a girls program. If that is the case both Weston and SFFA are done.

you have no proof of this, inter miami will start girls program in a couple of years.

fake news

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      you have no proof of this, inter miami will start girls program in a couple of years.

fake news
      I have also heard that a new DA is coming to Lockheart if Miami CF gets that location. It will be male and female DA programs. If that happens I am not sure how the SFFA and Weston will make it. It would be great for soccer here if it does!

Comment

I have also heard that a new DA is coming to Lockheart if Miami CF gets that location. It will be male and female DA programs. If that happens I am not sure how the SFFA and Weston will make it. It would be great for soccer here if it does!
        Weston won't make it. They will be done. Weston should have never been given a GDA program. They don't have kids in the area that have the commitment or desire to play. If Miami were smart they would bring in the people from Sunrise to manage new GDA program.

Comment

Weston won't make it. They will be done. Weston should have never been given a GDA program. They don't have kids in the area that have the commitment or desire to play. If Miami were smart they would bring in the people from Sunrise to manage new GDA program.
          That isn't entirely Weston's fault. GDA gave out badges like candy to clubs that shouldn't have been in the system. They underestimated demand, underestimated the strength of ECNL and underestimated the draw of HS soccer.

No additional MLS clubs will run girls programs. NYCFC pulled out for next year and I think LA remains the only one left. Girls teams don't bring MLS clubs anything. As it is most MLS clubs want out of BDA and to run their own league. If sure as sh*t would never be funded (NYCFC wasn't, LA might be). They already spend enough on BDA, but at least a few of those players may play on the first team someday. Other than creating a few female fans and selling a few more t-shirts a girls program doesn't do a thing for a male pro club. Women's pro clubs can't afford their utility bills.

Comment

yes, sunrise should definitely run it. they go a fantastic job running their program.

Comment

That isn't entirely Weston's fault. GDA gave out badges like candy to clubs that shouldn't have been in the system. They underestimated demand, underestimated the strength of ECNL and underestimated the draw of HS soccer.

No additional MLS clubs will run girls programs. NYCFC pulled out for next year and I think LA remains the only one left. Girls teams don't bring MLS clubs anything. As it is most MLS clubs want out of BDA and to run their own league. If sure as sh*t would never be funded (NYCFC wasn't, LA might be). They already spend enough on BDA, but at least a few of those players may play on the first team someday. Other than creating a few female fans and selling a few more t-shirts a girls program doesn't do a thing for a male pro club. Women's pro clubs can't afford their utility bills.
              Avion Academy Football Club plans to run the new GDA with Miami CF, and I heard they will use Lockheart and have some sort of agreement with the Miami CF MLS program. Weston girls are done, but SFFA won't last long either, as the new location is perfect in terms of travel for both Weston and SFFA.

Comment

what the heck is that

Comment

what the heck is that
                  It is like IMG only in France, but the good kids don't pay. They develop players and sell them.

Comment

Do you have any proof that this is happening? Looking for facts

Comment

It is like IMG only in France, but the good kids don't pay. They develop players and sell them.
                      It is Thonon Évian Football Club, not Avion.

Comment

Do you have any proof that this is happening? Looking for facts
                        I cannot find anything other than the tryout info for the school. There has been talk about this for years because this group may have had something to do with Miami FC, but I am not sure they are still working together. I am guessing the club from France are looking to make some money. No way this will be a free academy however they would do well if they are hooked up with the Miami MLS program.

https://www.theicef.com/en/trials/20...soccer-trials/

Comment

MLS programs that have GDA are San Jose Earthquakes, LA Galaxy, FC Dallas and the Women’s pro league GDA programs are Portland, Sky Blue, Utah, Houtson, NC Courage and Washington Spirit.

Comment

Have the Weston parents been given notice or the probation yet?

Comment

Have the Weston parents been given notice or the probation yet?
                              Ha!!! Never gonna happen.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X