Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This isn't about what men in the world generated in the world cup vs women in the world generated in the world cup.

The issue is that the women are as profitable for USSF as the men are for USSF. It is a very narrow issue. It has nothing to do with global world cup revenue. The cut that FIFA pays to the USSF for world cup is only part of the equation.

The ratings are slightly better for international friendlies for men, but from what I read the women get better ad rates thus make more money.

Appearance fees and merchandising are much higher for women.

They really should just give men and women and fixed cut of the profits they generate. Men get 25% of what they generate and women get 25%. Then it is up the the parties to generate more profit if they want to make more money.
    That would be fair.

Comment

This isn't about what men in the world generated in the world cup vs women in the world generated in the world cup.

The issue is that the women are as profitable for USSF as the men are for USSF. It is a very narrow issue. It has nothing to do with global world cup revenue. The cut that FIFA pays to the USSF for world cup is only part of the equation.

The ratings are slightly better for international friendlies for men, but from what I read the women get better ad rates thus make more money.

Appearance fees and merchandising are much higher for women.

They really should just give men and women and fixed cut of the profits they generate. Men get 25% of what they generate and women get 25%. Then it is up the the parties to generate more profit if they want to make more money.
      Take a look at USSF financials. There were 4 WNT players that were listed in highest compensated employees and none on the men's side.

I agree with you on the fixed cut of profits, but I think the women will be unhappy with the final results of this deal as well.

Comment

Take a look at USSF financials. There were 4 WNT players that were listed in highest compensated employees and none on the men's side.

I agree with you on the fixed cut of profits, but I think the women will be unhappy with the final results of this deal as well.
        You would be unhappy of the best level of Soccer you ever played was against girls and especially Women.

Comment

You would be unhappy of the best level of Soccer you ever played was against girls and especially Women.
          Is that supposed to be a coherent sentence?

Comment

Is that supposed to be a coherent sentence?
            It reads like the lawsuit.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X