Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the salaries of college soccer head and assistant coaches?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Haha thanks for the SNL link

I think this is what the prior poster was referencing. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/u...ons-rates.html
    That article only talks about how it's harder than ever to get into the top schools based on this year's admissions data. I had read somewhere (?) that now that admissions is mostly over for next year, some schools will be closely assessing their procedures and allowances for athletes. Problem is there just aren't that many competitive athletes that also get the top grades and scores required to get into a Stanford or Harvard. Filling a tennis team with a dozen super smart kids is one thing, filling an entire football team? No way. Maybe some schools tighten up a bit for athletes. But I suspect it will mostly go back to where it has been - that is, some schools don't bend much for athletes but still bend some, while others bend like a flexi-straw. I doubt coaches will create fake athletes, that was ballsy beyond belief. But the alumni donor who wants his decent EDP level player on a Princeton roster? The kid plays but really isn't qualified, but who decides that?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X