Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the salaries of college soccer head and assistant coaches?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sasho Cirovski makes $221,000.
    Like I said, it is hard to find definitive sources. Not all sources are giving the same number. There is often a guaranteed salary, and then bonuses on top. Here is one from 2014 stating that he made $398k. https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...625-story.html

Here is one from 2016 saying that he made $492k. https://www.nwherald.com/2016/01/27/...ohcy86/?page=3

I can't find where I saw $600k, but I did.

Comment

Like I said, it is hard to find definitive sources. Not all sources are giving the same number. There is often a guaranteed salary, and then bonuses on top. Here is one from 2014 stating that he made $398k. https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...625-story.html

Here is one from 2016 saying that he made $492k. https://www.nwherald.com/2016/01/27/...ohcy86/?page=3

I can't find where I saw $600k, but I did.
      https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...525-story.html

$602k in 2016.

Comment

$221,000 is his salary on the books, no bonus.

Comment

$221,000 is his salary on the books, no bonus.
          Wow. MD is the place to be for college coaches it seems. The women's BB coach made over 1 million and she is female, too (a lot of guys are women's bb coaches in college).

Comment

This is good information. Coaching isn't all it's cracked up to be. Too many armchair coaches now that seem to influence AD's. Very volatile it seems.

Comment

I am surprised any schools allow them to coach club teams. It seems like an obvious conflict of interest. But they should get the money from the camps.
              They go hand-in-hand fo recruiting. Coach a showcase aged club team and the club foots the bill for your attendance/participation at tournaments which you can recruit at also. Stretches the school's recruiting budget and happens ALL the time!

Comment

what about assistant coaches at terrible d3 schools in MA? do they actually get paid

Comment

At least one per school, yes. Between $2k-$8k depending on the team and school. Rare to find full time assistants in DIII unless they are privates with money (Babson, Brandeis, etc).

Comment

At least one per school, yes. Between $2k-$8k depending on the team and school. Rare to find full time assistants in DIII unless they are privates with money (Babson, Brandeis, etc).
                    The recent bribery scandal opened a lot of eyes. Do you think salaries increase for coaching staffs? Those that do a good job are doing a lot of work to make sure the universities are not exposed to misconduct.

Comment

The recent bribery scandal opened a lot of eyes. Do you think salaries increase for coaching staffs? Those that do a good job are doing a lot of work to make sure the universities are not exposed to misconduct.
                      Doubt it even if there is even more work due to the current scrutiny. What would they be paying more for - so you don’t take a bribe, to be ethical? If you love the sport and the players, that is totally unnecessary. Besides the flip side to being unethical is getting caught and losing your job and reputation and maybe legal troubles to boot. Not worth it.

Comment

what about assistant coaches at terrible d3 schools in MA? do they actually get paid
                        https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/institution/details - this doesn't give you the by name, but you can get a feel from the averages and the per team expense numbers (since salaries are the biggest part except unless it's a big time program with a lot of travel, etc.)

If a public school, you can often find salaries if they have a public transparency portal.

Comment

Doubt it even if there is even more work due to the current scrutiny. What would they be paying more for - so you don’t take a bribe, to be ethical? If you love the sport and the players, that is totally unnecessary. Besides the flip side to being unethical is getting caught and losing your job and reputation and maybe legal troubles to boot. Not worth it.
                          Of course being unethical isn't worth it, but what about increasing the salaries? Some of these salaries are laughable.

Comment

Of course being unethical isn't worth it, but what about increasing the salaries? Some of these salaries are laughable.
                            The salaries are - for private - usually market based. Seriously, an assistant soccer is not meant to be a lifetime position, unless you're a dual income couple and/or don't care about living beyond some minimal level (depending on the region you live). Goal is to either move up or figure out it's not going to be your career path and go get another job and be an over qualified local rec team coach for your community.

Plus, the assistant coach is not in theory a "full-time" gig, especially at lower level programs. Sure during the season but honestly, in the off season you're not sitting around watching film, designing plays, etc into the wee hours. Yeah, you have to go recruit and watch games (geez, nobody is checking on you or all those travel miles and free meals) and if you hustle on the camps and clubs, that's some money to you.

Comment

Schools will pay market rates. Unless some start paying more others won't follow. Soccer, especially women's soccer, isn't a revenue sport so the incentive is to not pay more than necessary. It's the assistants who are paid especially low, but they aren't the ones pitching for admissions for recruits, the HC is.

I also think that while this scandal is, well, scandalous, the fake athlete piece seems to be pretty limited in scale. It looks like a lot of it is parents paying to get test scores improved. More may come out of course. singer may have approached many others and was rejected, who knows. But I think most coaches who have been working in a sport and in a profession most of their lives aren't going to chuck that away.

Best joke I've heard: scandal....blah blah blah....with one family paying up to $6.5 million dollars. For that kind of money it would have been cheaper to buy a new kid. :) Trevor Noah

Comment

Schools will pay market rates. Unless some start paying more others won't follow. Soccer, especially women's soccer, isn't a revenue sport so the incentive is to not pay more than necessary. It's the assistants who are paid especially low, but they aren't the ones pitching for admissions for recruits, the HC is.

I also think that while this scandal is, well, scandalous, the fake athlete piece seems to be pretty limited in scale. It looks like a lot of it is parents paying to get test scores improved. More may come out of course. singer may have approached many others and was rejected, who knows. But I think most coaches who have been working in a sport and in a profession most of their lives aren't going to chuck that away.

Best joke I've heard: scandal....blah blah blah....with one family paying up to $6.5 million dollars. For that kind of money it would have been cheaper to buy a new kid. :) Trevor Noah
                                I'm reading that there are others coming out as well, including a girl that was on the 2017 (nat'l finalist team) of UCLA women's soccer. Google Bruce and Davina Isackson; both have been charged in this scandal.

https://uclabruins.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5425 - no ECNL, DA experience. very plain vanilla experience. Some schools don't list all accomplishments, but UCLA certainly does.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X