Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    USSF has the money. They could even take more sponsorship $ towards it (OPD by Nike?).
    US Club and other alphabet soup leagues can pitch in a few dollars as well from the fees collected. Players can still be charge a fee but make it much, much lower with an ability for scholarships if there's a provable financial need. Up the quality of the coaching and teammates and more quality players want to participate.
    They "have the money"?

OK, so, show me what the plan costs and show me how they have the money. I'm interested. Sell me. Don't just throw stuff out there, put some meat behind it and convince us.

Comment

USSF has the money. They could even take more sponsorship $ towards it (OPD by Nike?).
      US Club and other alphabet soup leagues can pitch in a few dollars as well from the fees collected. Players can still be charge a fee but make it much, much lower with an ability for scholarships if there's a provable financial need. Up the quality of the coaching and teammates and more quality players want to participate.
      This would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to do just in MA. To do this for the whole country would cost tens of millions of dollars. Nike, like most companies, can't be seen sponsoring one league exclusively, over the other. Trying to charge existing clubs for it, which would have to pass on the cost to their players, would never fly or could be justified. Better coaching would cost more as well. I don't mean to be a downer, but I just don't see this as being realistic.

Comment

This would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to do just in MA. To do this for the whole country would cost tens of millions of dollars. Nike, like most companies, can't be seen sponsoring one league exclusively, over the other. Trying to charge existing clubs for it, which would have to pass on the cost to their players, would never fly or could be justified. Better coaching would cost more as well. I don't mean to be a downer, but I just don't see this as being realistic.
        Hundreds of thousands in MA alone? It's not a league - the poster just wants to improve ODP.

Comment

I thought GPS was expanding DA besides U12 ?

Looks like Valeo is way ahead. Valeo gets U13/14

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20190307-N...-201920-Season

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X