X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2418714]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

The players that make the pool may have to be supported (advocated for) by RI ODP. You said yourself, "hundreds of players...from 16 states". Unless the player is flat out great someone is going to bat for them. Sorry, nightly pool posting has a political side. They very well may be worthy of the honor but they didn't necessarily get there on their own. There is enough talent from PA and NY to fill a region team. Congratulations if your child made it, still a great accomplishment.
    Right, which is why it is ludicrous that Rhode Island does not attend for every age group and support all their players. My daughter is an 03, there was an 04 RI girl who made the pool every day/night until the very last day, when she was dropped. My daughter and all the 04 MA girls who were there were amazed she was dropped, but the MA coach said it was because she had no RI coach there fighting for her. It’s silly but it does get political, and it’s amazing she made it so far without anyone advocating for her. But shame on RI ODP for hanging her out to dry alone.

Comment

This take is a little off, The reality is RI ODP took a big hit two years ago when all the NEFC kids could no longer participate. The Girls who made the Region 1 team from two years ago all went DA and it Affected the region 1 team selection from RI. The 00 (MKM), 01, 02, 03 And 04 kids went DA. RI ODP traditionally sends a good number of kids to the summer camp, particularly when it was held at URI. Because of this, There was always a RI representitive on each team because ODP wanted to keep the RI ODP strong. Politics does play a little into it, but if the top RI kid could really play, she made the team. The head of ODP made sure that happened.

Comment

This take is a little off, The reality is RI ODP took a big hit two years ago when all the NEFC kids could no longer participate. The Girls who made the Region 1 team from two years ago all went DA and it Affected the region 1 team selection from RI. The 00 (MKM), 01, 02, 03 And 04 kids went DA. RI ODP traditionally sends a good number of kids to the summer camp, particularly when it was held at URI. Because of this, There was always a RI representitive on each team because ODP wanted to keep the RI ODP strong. Politics does play a little into it, but if the top RI kid could really play, she made the team. The head of ODP made sure that happened.
        Well not all the top NEFC players went to DA (some chose to stay NPL to play HS and other sports), and some have already dropped back out and are back to NPL for same reasons. But yes, most have not returned to ODP, and it’s much weaker than it was a few years ago and only worth it for the Regional Camp access.

Comment

??? Not sure what this has to do with anything posted above???
          Your kid is not good enough to play at the DA or ECNL level locally but they are one of the best in Region 1? Really?

That's my point dummy.

Enough wasting time on this discussion. RI ODP is a training opportunity. That's all.

Comment

Your kid is not good enough to play at the DA or ECNL level locally but they are one of the best in Region 1? Really?

That's my point dummy.

Enough wasting time on this discussion. RI ODP is a training opportunity. That's all.
            Hey dip****, not the OP, but you do know that basically every local player who made Region 1 pool is an NPL player, and there are a lot of RI girls playing on those same exact teams.

Comment

That's my point dummy.

Rhode Islanders are notorious for not wanting to drive to Marlboro, Mendon, Lancaster or Braintree to play for a NEFC DA or Stars or Scorpions ECNL team. That doesn't mean that they couldn't play at that level. Making the Region 1 team opens up a chance to go to national ODP training camp in Florida, play in the ODP national tournament or make the travel team that plays in tournaments in Italy, Costa Rica, etc.

Comment

Hey dip****, not the OP, but you do know that basically every local player who made Region 1 pool is an NPL player, and there are a lot of RI girls playing on those same exact teams.
                Not the OP, but can you repeat that?

Comment

Exactly second or third level down from the top levels DA and ECNL. NPL = best players in the country? Again my point. :/

What is Dip asterisk asterisk asterisk asterisk anyway?

Comment

If you think that an ECNL or DA patch automatically makes you a top player your delusional. They are the top leagues but don’t include ALL the top players. Cost, travel, etc are decisions that prevent players from playing in those leagues. As another poster mentioned there are DA players who chose to leave DA because they want to play Highschool. Sounds like you’ve been drinking that DA/ECNL koolaid.

Comment

If you think that an ECNL or DA patch automatically makes you a top player your delusional. They are the top leagues but don’t include ALL the top players. Cost, travel, etc are decisions that prevent players from playing in those leagues. As another poster mentioned there are DA players who chose to leave DA because they want to play Highschool. Sounds like you’ve been drinking that DA/ECNL koolaid.
                      DA/ECNL has Koolaid?

Comment

Forget it. This guy doesn’t get the point. He’s just so anti ECNL/DA it destroys his logic. Resorting to silly insults proves this point. The ECNL and DA are by far the two best leagues in the East Coast. Apart from South Shore Select, which just has a stranglehold on an economically and talent rich area of Mass, not a single NPL team in New England has a prayer against the top Stars Team in the ECNL or the top NEFC team in the DA. When you play against other top clubs full of Division 1 prospects and practice with other top players it’s a much better atmosphere to foster development. As a result, these teams attract most of the top kids. How can you argue otherwise?
                        The one or two kids on a NPL team that could make one of the top teams do not improve any where near the rate they should playing on a much less talented NPL team. That simple principle applies to every sport as well.
                        URI has good football players, but do they stand any sort of chance against a SEC or Big 10 team?

Comment

Just came from an ODP session this evening. Oodles of talent across 05-07 boys in RI. Whoever says ODP isn’t what it used to be is crazy. Some of the best soccer players I have seen (and I have spent time in Spain with youths club teams).

Comment

Just came from an ODP session this evening. Oodles of talent across 05-07 boys in RI. Whoever says ODP isn’t what it used to be is crazy. Some of the best soccer players I have seen (and I have spent time in Spain with youths club teams).
                            1 decent kid from each age group? Give me a break, you need to get out more. How does RI fare in regional events?

Comment

1 decent kid from each age group? Give me a break, you need to get out more. How does RI fare in regional events?
                              I’ve been at FC Barcelona and RMCF. I do have a basis of comparison across youth talent. I’m telling you, these kids in RI are great

Comment

The better players in the age brackets don’t do ODP. They are with the Revs DA program. If you been to Spain you would know that players there are more technically more develop.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X