Sportika combines with PSA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For U15 and over, for Boys, I think the college showcases are worthless.

Having been through the process, and I have multiple kids, they were recruited from the on campus clinics. The coaches in high school or club / academy provided references, one of my kids didn't even play high school because club / academy was better.

One of my kids didn't play academy and played high school because the high school team consisted of players from the club that went on to win 2 National Championships, and in NJ, 2 consecutive Group Championships. The college coaches we met by chance on the road wanted to speak with every single Junior or Senior. Between club and high school, I think out of 100 games, they lost 2x.

There's also a dirty secret about academy, there's always someone right behind your son. And, if the academy don't like you, you're out. You can train, but you will never play. Somebody said if your child is good enough, it doesn't matter. Oh yes it does, every conversation matters, and the academy doesn't like you, get out fast. And someone said every coach is competitive, wants to win. I know coaches who throw games just because they were in a bad relationship with a "star player." Everyone in DA has a story, ask around.

This board is NJ focused, but if you play in the area, look at PA and South Jersey. They don't need academy. And, because of the recruiting area and few number of teams, their teams are all better than the Central / Northern NJ DA and ENCL teams, again, on the boys side. I obviously didn't have girls.

All I know is that when you are in the moment, it feels cutthroat, and you feel like you can't trust anyone.

Then, years later, it's like it was all BS, we all got ships. None of us paid college tuition at large schools, everything worked out. When the team wins, everyone wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So why even make an "ALL STAR" team...............no need for any such thing. College coaches are just looking for players that will fit into their system and fit the needs that they have at that particular time. ALL STAR team is just another way to make even more money off the paying clients. Kind of like............remember the old "SUMMER SELECT" or Super Y teams. Either way people are allowed to spend their money the way they choose.
      The all-star team is helpful to the players who want the opportunity to play in those bigger tournaments, and PSA probably needs to sell it as an All-Star team in order to get accepted to those tourneys. And of course college coaches want to see competitive games, but their priority is to watch individual players, so they aren’t necessarily watching for team chemistry, but rather they are looking for individual skill and athletecism in the context of competition and high pressure.

Comment

The all-star team is helpful to the players who want the opportunity to play in those bigger tournaments, and PSA probably needs to sell it as an All-Star team in order to get accepted to those tourneys. And of course college coaches want to see competitive games, but their priority is to watch individual players, so they aren’t necessarily watching for team chemistry, but rather they are looking for individual skill and athletecism in the context of competition and high pressure.
        I see your point but I still don't buy the whole "ALL STAR" team concept. Tournaments aren't going to invite you to their tournament because you have an ALL STAR team. Most of the time it has to do with I guess your teams standing regarding GOTSOCCER points or reputation.

Comment

I see your point but I still don't buy the whole "ALL STAR" team concept. Tournaments aren't going to invite you to their tournament because you have an ALL STAR team. Most of the time it has to do with I guess your teams standing regarding GOTSOCCER points or reputation.
          I don't know for sure, but I think this PSA National Team does play together in a separate league from the regular PSA teams:

https://www.princetonsoccer.org/national-aboutus

Comment

I don't know for sure, but I think this PSA National Team does play together in a separate league from the regular PSA teams:

https://www.princetonsoccer.org/national-aboutus
            Yeah I see their website and that's great that they are trying to offer something different to their clients. Just don't really know if its going to be any benefit but all is good

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X