Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iona WS New Head Coach Todd Plourde, thoughts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd Plourde was an assistant coach during the Rudy Meredith Yale University disgrace where roster positions were made available for the right price. If your family is too young to know about the sale of athletic roster spots, be sure to do your research.

Having sat in Plourde's office at Yale, some key things to know about him. [1] He flaunted the Yale Golden Tickets like he owned the University. [2] He had an office full of video tapes and digital recordings and he acknowledged that none of them were viewed. [3] He raised his eyebrows when he was directly asked about legacy students getting onto the soccer team - and he knew exactly what person was being discussed.

The point is that Plourde is not a straight shooter, he was very fortunate to escape the wrath that beset Yale, and would not be a first choice coach and mentor regardless of the scholarship award.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Really??? Come on now...about half of those shots came from the #9 team, Texas. Lexi Missimo, Trinity Byars and LI's own Jilly Shimkin are some of the top players in the country in their age group. I have no real tie to Iona, my D knows a couple of players on the team, having played club and HS on LI, but trust I wouldn't even let her take a phone call from Iona during her recruiting days. I only popped on the thread because there's nothing else being talked about. That being said...

I'm impressed that the Iona coach was able to schedule a game against Texas, it does literally nothing for Texas to play Iona. Nothing. So kudos to him on that. Also impressed by how long it took for Texas to get on the board. Doesn't look like they were holding back, 21 shots with 10 on goal in the first half and they couldn't get past a Freshman GK? Good for Iona. I didn't see the game but I can read the boxscore and I know the 3 players I mentioned have tons of experience with the YNT. A scoreless first half against the #9 team, full of NT players? You can't buy that kind of confidence boost for a team like Iona!
      LOL. Freakin Providence dominated them. Not really a soccer hotbed there

Comment

Did he take the whole team to Texas? Some players never get on the field because of the big roster.
        That happens everywhere, with some teams 35 players deep. Usually only 18-20 travel especially if there's flights. Players need to carefully consider where they fit on a roster regardless of size but should be very lesey if larger rosters

Comment

That happens everywhere, with some teams 35 players deep. Usually only 18-20 travel especially if there's flights. Players need to carefully consider where they fit on a roster regardless of size but should be very lesey if larger rosters
          Lol leary

Comment

Usually 24 players travel. Get it right!

Comment

Usually 24 players travel. Get it right!
              Nope varies by school. My Ds team does 22. But if there's 36 on a roster that's 14 that don't

Comment

LOL. Freakin Providence dominated them. Not really a soccer hotbed there
                Never said it was. My post was in response to one that mocked how much they've been outshot in 4 games. I was merely pointing out that half of those shots came from the #9 team and their National Team attackers. It's not going to be a "hotbed"-it's a crap school (academically), in a crap conference, no real draw there at all. They carry a really big roster of local kids, 70% of whom probably couldn't snag an offer from anywhere else. And "Freakin Providence" just beat Brown. The 3x reigning Ivy League champions, who beat the heII out of Albany over the weekend, just lost to "freakin Providence" too.

Your posts are basically-tell me you know nothing about college soccer, without telling me you know nothing about college soccer.

Comment

Really??? Come on now...about half of those shots came from the #9 team, Texas. Lexi Missimo, Trinity Byars and LI's own Jilly Shimkin are some of the top players in the country in their age group. I have no real tie to Iona, my D knows a couple of players on the team, having played club and HS on LI, but trust I wouldn't even let her take a phone call from Iona during her recruiting days. I only popped on the thread because there's nothing else being talked about. That being said...

I'm impressed that the Iona coach was able to schedule a game against Texas, it does literally nothing for Texas to play Iona. Nothing. So kudos to him on that. Also impressed by how long it took for Texas to get on the board. Doesn't look like they were holding back, 21 shots with 10 on goal in the first half and they couldn't get past a Freshman GK? Good for Iona. I didn't see the game but I can read the boxscore and I know the 3 players I mentioned have tons of experience with the YNT. A scoreless first half against the #9 team, full of NT players? You can't buy that kind of confidence boost for a team like Iona!
                  Agree Iona, it was a gutsy call. Maybe he is scouting for a new gig in TX area. TX has been crapping the bed for yrs though.

Comment

Is "Iona" some kind of school?

Comment

Never said it was. My post was in response to one that mocked how much they've been outshot in 4 games. I was merely pointing out that half of those shots came from the #9 team and their National Team attackers. It's not going to be a "hotbed"-it's a crap school (academically), in a crap conference, no real draw there at all. They carry a really big roster of local kids, 70% of whom probably couldn't snag an offer from anywhere else. And "Freakin Providence" just beat Brown. The 3x reigning Ivy League champions, who beat the heII out of Albany over the weekend, just lost to "freakin Providence" too.

Your posts are basically-tell me you know nothing about college soccer, without telling me you know nothing about college soccer.
                      I was at the game...you?

Anyhoo, just got outshot by Wake Forest 41-1....That's a LOT of shots. What's that, up to 117-12 or so? Taking the positives, only getting outshot to Providence 23-2 was a positive?

Comment

I was at the game...you?

Anyhoo, just got outshot by Wake Forest 41-1....That's a LOT of shots. What's that, up to 117-12 or so? Taking the positives, only getting outshot to Providence 23-2 was a positive?
                        I don't understand the point of your posts. I don't understand what being "at the game" has to do with Providence beating the 3x reigning Ivy League Champions. I don't understand why you seem *surprised* that a program like Iona would be getting heavily outshot by a top 10 team or even a top 50 team like WF that will probably make the RV ranks at some point this year. At last RPI tally, Iona fell somewhere in the 275+ range. Unclear why you want to drag this team...I commend them and the coach for taking on such strong competition. Cool experience for these girls to travel to these schools and play these strong teams, would you rather them just play their out of conference games against local garbage teams so they can post a W?

Comment

I don't understand the point of your posts. I don't understand what being "at the game" has to do with Providence beating the 3x reigning Ivy League Champions. I don't understand why you seem *surprised* that a program like Iona would be getting heavily outshot by a top 10 team or even a top 50 team like WF that will probably make the RV ranks at some point this year. At last RPI tally, Iona fell somewhere in the 275+ range. Unclear why you want to drag this team...I commend them and the coach for taking on such strong competition. Cool experience for these girls to travel to these schools and play these strong teams, would you rather them just play their out of conference games against local garbage teams so they can post a W?
                          Someone posted how they are looking better. I had just watched them, and they looked terrible. I then looked at their stats, which confirmed it. I mentioned how they hadn't been in any game yet, and someone attributed the slant in the stats to one game and has gone on extolling the virtues of traveling around for a spanking. I suggested it was more than one game....it's been almost all their games.

What's ironic in your last statement is:

* Who could Iona play out of conference that would be a sure W?
                          * If good programs don't do as you suggest, playing against garbage teams for a sure W, who would Iona play?

Comment

Someone posted how they are looking better. I had just watched them, and they looked terrible. I then looked at their stats, which confirmed it. I mentioned how they hadn't been in any game yet, and someone attributed the slant in the stats to one game and has gone on extolling the virtues of traveling around for a spanking. I suggested it was more than one game....it's been almost all their games.

* If good programs don't do as you suggest, playing against garbage teams for a sure W, who would Iona play?
                            ^ Angry Iona parent drags up year+ old thread. They should be more concerned their kid is at Iona than worrying about the soccer

Comment

Umm, nobody posted that they are looking better, nobody...you just randomly starting posting their shot counts. Your posts must make sense to you in your head, but they don't make sense to those who don't live in your head.

Yes, this team has been outplayed by more that just the #9 team in the country, they have been outplayed by one of the strongest Big East teams that just beat the 3x reigning Ivy champs-Brown, a mid level ACC Wake Forest team that falls within the top 50 teams-sometimes even RV status and a Big 10 whose success varies from year to year. Iona is not even a strong contender in MAAC which is one of the lowest conferences in NCAA, of course they're going to get outshot...by a lot, by these teams. Duh...

You make it seem like they're playing teams of the same caliber and getting wildly outplayed, they're not. When they play LeMoyne, Wagner etc., the game is far more balanced. Like I've said before, I don't have any real ties to this team other than a few acquaintances from club/HS ball and my D wouldn't have even taken a call from the coach, but I'll give credit where credit is due. Good for them for taking on top competition, considering how unlikely it is that they will ever make the big dance, why not spice up early season out of conference play?

Why are you so mad about it? Is your daughter not traveling with the team?

Comment

Umm, nobody posted that they are looking better, nobody...you just randomly starting posting their shot counts. Your posts must make sense to you in your head, but they don't make sense to those who don't live in your head.

Yes, this team has been outplayed by more that just the #9 team in the country, they have been outplayed by one of the strongest Big East teams that just beat the 3x reigning Ivy champs-Brown, a mid level ACC Wake Forest team that falls within the top 50 teams-sometimes even RV status and a Big 10 whose success varies from year to year. Iona is not even a strong contender in MAAC which is one of the lowest conferences in NCAA, of course they're going to get outshot...by a lot, by these teams. Duh...

You make it seem like they're playing teams of the same caliber and getting wildly outplayed, they're not. When they play LeMoyne, Wagner etc., the game is far more balanced. Like I've said before, I don't have any real ties to this team other than a few acquaintances from club/HS ball and my D wouldn't have even taken a call from the coach, but I'll give credit where credit is due. Good for them for taking on top competition, considering how unlikely it is that they will ever make the big dance, why not spice up early season out of conference play?

Why are you so mad about it? Is your daughter not traveling with the team?

Until this season most of his key players were not his own recruits, but recruits of the former HC. Let’s see how TP will do this season.
                                I replied, in essence, "not so well".

I actually don't care about them one bit. I watched them play, thought they were terrible, and there are posters on here who think otherwise. Other than tweaking you, I could list all the things I care about Iona on a piece of confetti.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X