Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Great concept. But, the NWSL minimum salary is $20k. Almost all players have second jobs to pay the rent on their studio apartment. You think Thorns are going to pay $10k a player for travel, fees, and uniforms? I love the idea, but it’s just that.

Good point. Especially if the pros are training with the kids.

"This kid is getting $12,000 of free soccer while I am working the swing shift at Burger King to cover my rent?". "Let's see how this 11 year old brat likes a slide tackle..."

Comment

Funny up in WA crossfire pays for all travel on girls ECNL. younger age groups have to pay league fee of $2400, but older age groups don't even have to pay that. Independent club able to do more for their girls side than either of the pro teams in the NW.

Comment

Is it really gonna be free? Not just marketing mumbo jumbo?

If it’s free I’m bring all three kids. I’m sure some others will too.

We’ll get those teams filled up eventually.

Comment

Is it really gonna be free? Not just marketing mumbo jumbo?

If it’s free I’m bring all three kids. I’m sure some others will too.

We’ll get those teams filled up eventually.
          If you think GW and MP are going to make it free, you have been in a coma for the past few years. These two snakes are the lowest of the low. They scrapped T2, they took age groups away from their boys academy, scrapped the development teams. Why would they pay millions of dollars for Westside coaching staff to mess up a girls program? They get enough money from OYSA. GW announced to the staff that the Thorns have been handed over to Westside Timbers. That's why you are now seeing Westside coaches take over the teams. You have really got to be drinking the Kool Aid if you think you are part of the Thorns.

Comment

Let's get down to the nitty gritty.

If you have 20 players per team the travel costs for a year are maybe $10,000 per player or $200,000.

The club fee only $48,000.

Uniforms only $5,000.

So $253,000 per team per year. That isn't that bad. If you have six age levels you are looking at not much more than $1,500,000 per year total.

The NWSL's finest franchise of All-Time and one of the best branded women's soccer teams in the state can easily handle that.

Comment

If you have 20 players per team the travel costs for a year are maybe $10,000 per player or $200,000.

Uniforms only $5,000.

So $253,000 per team per year. That isn't that bad. If you have six age levels you are looking at not much more than $1,500,000 per year total.

The NWSL's finest franchise of All-Time and one of the best branded women's soccer teams in the state can easily handle that.
              And yet they don't and won't. And they are coming off of a non-revenue year. It's fun spending other peoples' money no? Whoever is peddling this BS should stop.

Comment

Uniforms only $5,000.

Is this possible? I am done paying my hard earned money for soccer.

This is our time and the time is now. Do it!

Comment

Uniforms only $5,000.

You make it free and I will say right here and now we will be there. No hidden fees or small print or we turn the car around and that will be the last of it. But if they really can make it free then they are in business.

Comment

You make it free and I will say right here and now we will be there. No hidden fees or small print or we turn the car around and that will be the last of it. But if they really can make it free then they are in business.
                    You get what you pay for. Thornz Asylum is bad enough as is, make it free and it will be the worst experience you and your DD could ever imagine.

Comment

You get what you pay for. Thornz Asylum is bad enough as is, make it free and it will be the worst experience you and your DD could ever imagine.
                      I don't care about none of that. I just know that if it's free my kids are doing weather they like it or not.

Comment

I don't care about none of that. I just know that if it's free my kids are doing weather they like it or not.
                        I don’t know. Maybe it actually worth paying money if it means you can win some games.

Comment

Come back almost 4 years later to check on the clown show and these threads are still going strong. Keep Portland weird.

Comment

I am going to reply to my own post to make it known that I am in if its free. That is three kids to help fill rosters.

Comment

I am going to reply to my own post to make it known that I am in if its free. That is three kids to help fill rosters.
                              Tell your neighborhood club to make it free so you don't have to worry about making the ECNL NWSL Portland Thorns Academy. Hustle, Hustle and use your little muscle, tiny.

Comment

For girls, the only time I would recommend the TA is if it were free like they have hinted at. It's a good enough program but I wouldn't probably spend any money on it. But if it is free, then I would consider it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X