Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best bet to get numbers out is to make is free or really cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      thorns to GA.....book it.
      Doubt that the Thorns are going to GA. Applications for this year have already closed.

Comment

Doubt that the Thorns are going to GA. Applications for this year have already closed.
        applications.....lol. There are certain teams you take last minute to help your image.

Comment

Yes the thorns had girls who didn't make the starting 11 on their HS team. But you get what you can.

I heard they are trying to make it free so that might help with turnout?

I would bet most clubs are not recommending the thorns due to past experience, but you should ask your DOC for advice.
          If it’s free it will be a game changer. If they make it free I’ll bring all my kids for sure.

Comment

The best bet to get numbers out is to make is free or really cheap.
            No. Not really cheap. Free.

Comment

I don't think they'll leave ECNL. They spent a pretty penny to get in.

Comment

If it’s free it will be a game changer. If they make it free I’ll bring all my kids for sure.
                Is this really happening? I would love free soccer.

Comment

I don't think they'll leave ECNL. They spent a pretty penny to get in.
                  Having a 1st team of the world's best women playing in the NWSL is not cheap, great point.

Granting their Academy locals entry into any US Club or USYS kiddo travel platform of their choice is called a no brainer.

ECNL/US CLUB will do whatever it takes ($$$$) to keep the NWSL Portland Thorns Academy team in the US Club stable vs USYS or Girls Academy.

Comment

Having a 1st team of the world's best women playing in the NWSL is not cheap, great point.

Granting their Academy locals entry into any US Club or USYS kiddo travel platform of their choice is called a no brainer.

ECNL/US CLUB will do whatever it takes ($$$$) to keep the NWSL Portland Thorns Academy team in the US Club stable vs USYS or Girls Academy.
                    If they are so wonderful, why were they denied entry into ECNL for so long. Until they $$$ talked. ECNL did not pay them to come, they paid to get in. Do you really think ECNL cares that much they were a former NWSL Academy.

Comment

Yawn. Aren’t they in on a one year trial...

Comment

The track record with the thorns academy is not something anyone wants to dwell on. I believe the recurring theme was "shellacking".

The best bet to get numbers to come out and fill teams is to make it free and I think I have heard that was the plan.

If it is free people will bring their kids out.

Someone even suggested that parent travel could be next on the freebie list.

Comment

The track record with the thorns academy is not something anyone wants to dwell on. I believe the recurring theme was "shellacking".

The best bet to get numbers to come out and fill teams is to make it free and I think I have heard that was the plan.

I vote they open concession stands up during practice so parents can grab a bag of chips and some adult beverages to keep their tummy full. Especially if it's all on the house.

Comment

Game changer.

Comment

Let me get this straight. They are going to cover the costs for the TA? All of the costs? The fees, uniforms and travel?

That IS a game changer if true. I can't imagine why they can't fill teams up with that kind of deal.

I know people who quit travel soccer due to the costs. This would keep those kids in the game.

Comment

Great concept. But, the NWSL minimum salary is $20k. Almost all players have second jobs to pay the rent on their studio apartment. You think Thorns are going to pay $10k a player for travel, fees, and uniforms? I love the idea, but it’s just that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X