Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You should educate yourself on what 501c3 means. Ignorant posts are ignorant.
    The IRS is anxious to discuss and educate your ilk on the matter.

Maybe you should present your narrative to the agents, good luck with that.

Comment

The IRS is anxious to discuss and educate your ilk on the matter.

Maybe you should present your narrative to the agents, good luck with that.
      A 501(c)3 means that the organization must:

* Be non-profit--any excess revenues from its activities should be spent on its mission, and excessive compensation to employees or payment to vendors (to disguise "profits") might get it into trouble.
      * Not be owned by anyone, instead it must be managed by a board of directors that is either elected by the community, or self-perpetuating; the board of directors has no equity stake in the non-profit.
      * Have a "community purpose".

Note that the community purpose need not be charitable in nature, so there's no requirement in law that youth soccer clubs organized as 501(c)3 entities provide scholarships. That said, some of the local non-profits around here that run youth clubs do have business models that raise my eyebrows. (I'm thinking mainly of ADF and similar, not of CU or FC, neither of which outsource the bulk of their operations--and remit the bulk of their collected dues--to a private for-profit LLC that happens to be owned by the non-profit entity's principal officer).

Comment

Masterclass in tax law by bozo the clown.

Comment

Nobody said the thorns were better than any other option. It’s mean to point out the quality issues.
          Short bus slow lane?

Comment

Masterclass in tax law by bozo the clown.
            I know very little of tax law, and am neither an accountant nor a lawyer. If you think that my summary is wrong, though, please tell me how and where.

Otherwise, it--like all free advice--is worth the price you paid for it.

Comment

Thorns now allowing high school?

Not good teams?

Expensive?

Short bus in slow lane?
              Stay in your lane you wanka

Comment

A 501(c)3 means that the organization must:

* Be non-profit--any excess revenues from its activities should be spent on its mission, and excessive compensation to employees or payment to vendors (to disguise "profits") might get it into trouble.
                * Not be owned by anyone, instead it must be managed by a board of directors that is either elected by the community, or self-perpetuating; the board of directors has no equity stake in the non-profit.
                * Have a "community purpose".

Note that the community purpose need not be charitable in nature, so there's no requirement in law that youth soccer clubs organized as 501(c)3 entities provide scholarships. That said, some of the local non-profits around here that run youth clubs do have business models that raise my eyebrows. (I'm thinking mainly of ADF and similar, not of CU or FC, neither of which outsource the bulk of their operations--and remit the bulk of their collected dues--to a private for-profit LLC that happens to be owned by the non-profit entity's principal officer).
                Is this now the op-ed to and steer clear of any facts.

The agents are gonna have a field day with you sunshine.

Comment

Keep dreaming chump.

Comment

You obviously don't know who you are speaking to. I'm not managing any nonprofits, so the "agents" have no reason to bother with me. Persist in your ten-cent threats if you must, but you're scaring nobody.

Comment

You obviously don't know who you are speaking to. I'm not managing any nonprofits, so the "agents" have no reason to bother with me. Persist in your ten-cent threats if you must, but you're scaring nobody.
                      The IRS agents are kicking all your doors in. All of them! I’m serious. I would never lie or exaggerate. You are all in bigggggg trouble. The are bugging your iPhones and have cameras in your closets to document everything. And I’m not kidding. I would never lie.

Comment

The IRS agents are kicking all your doors in. All of them! I’m serious. I would never lie or exaggerate. You are all in bigggggg trouble. The are bugging your iPhones and have cameras in your closets to document everything. And I’m not kidding. I would never lie.
                        Hide your women and meth!!!! The IRS is coming!!

Comment

Ignorance is no excuse. This messaging has been consistent to your sorry gullible ilk.

Comment

Victims are usually the first one the agents speak with.

Comment

The IRS doesn’t care. Law pro in this arena. You pretty much would have to murder multiple people to get them to look up from their newspaper and coffee. Even then you aren’t getting much response. Not bad people, just overworked.

Comment

Bros before ___

Thorns is only $3,000.00 per year or so and there’s no pressure to win so some parents might bring their kid for fun times.

Know your lane.
                                Losing builds character.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X