Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much support it's every where

Nuuuuhting says how much the Timbers care about the Academy more than the fact that it is plastered all over their website. I mean it's in the latest news section for both the Timbers and the Thorns. If you click on the youth section and then Academy news it takes you right to the Thorns academy info....

Seriously people way up. Actions speak louder than words!
    $500? Nope.
    Quality competition? Nope
    Top flight proven coaching? (Scott Thompsen) Nope
    What promise are they gonna break next????

Remember you get what you pay for and with the Timbers if your are not paying you are not getting!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Stop moving the goal posts and make valid comparisons. First the post was what to do about just this year. The dummy said that if you didn't have an offer from your previous exposure that you would be better off doing more of the same vs casting a bigger net and that is just a dumd statement. The cost differential for just this year is $5,000. The parent costs are the same so stop bring the $10k figure up as the all in Academy costs will be $5,000 + depending on how many parents travel. If my DD was offered a position at LC it would come with academic help which would far exceed the extra 5 or 10k I spent on ECNL.
      No. The cost differential will be much more than $5k. And how much time and money have you spent running to Seattle in previous years? And you still don't have an offer. She must be really average. We didn't spend all that money and my dd has several prime offers. She wouldn't have done much better doing ECNL and the cost of time and money would not have been worth it. So it appears throwing money at a situation isn't the answer. It comes down to talent as much if not more so where you play. Do you throw money away in other aspects of your life?

Comment

No. The cost differential will be much more than $5k. And how much time and money have you spent running to Seattle in previous years? And you still don't have an offer. She must be really average. We didn't spend all that money and my dd has several prime offers. She wouldn't have done much better doing ECNL and the cost of time and money would not have been worth it. So it appears throwing money at a situation isn't the answer. It comes down to talent as much if not more so where you play. Do you throw money away in other aspects of your life?
        Yes. I am a loser.

Comment

The Academy will be excellent training and experience and cost about $3500

ECNL will be close to $10,000.

Comment

The Academy will be excellent training and experience and cost about $3500

ECNL will be close to $10,000.
            Just leave out the "excellent" and I'd agree with you about the Academy. And you can't add in parent travel costs for the ECNL without doing the same for the Academy. All in, with parents travelling, it's 10K for ECNL and 7K for the Academy.

Comment

Nuuuuhting says how much the Timbers care about the Academy more than the fact that it is plastered all over their website. I mean it's in the latest news section for both the Timbers and the Thorns. If you click on the youth section and then Academy news it takes you right to the Thorns academy info....

Seriously people way up. Actions speak louder than words!
              $500? Nope.
              Quality competition? Nope
              Top flight proven coaching? (Scott Thompsen) Nope
              What promise are they gonna break next????

Remember you get what you pay for and with the Timbers if your are not paying you are not getting!
              You are exactly the parent they dont want. Stay home.

Comment

Just leave out the "excellent" and I'd agree with you about the Academy. And you can't add in parent travel costs for the ECNL without doing the same for the Academy. All in, with parents travelling, it's 10K for ECNL and 7K for the Academy.
                Stay away. Its not worth it for you.

Comment

Yes. I am a loser.
                  Admitting you have a problem is the first step. May you serve as an example to others.

Comment

Are you paying attention Marbull

Admitting you have a problem is the first step. May you serve as an example to others.
                    So Marbull did you understand that? Are you willing to admit that you're a narcissist?

Comment

So Marbull did you understand that? Are you willing to admit that you're a narcissist?
                      He(l)l, I'm a narcaccist. So what if I think the world revoves around me. I'm not sure what your point is. In fact, I suspect you didn't really know the meaning of the word.

Comment

I like it when the world revolves around me. Things run much smoother that way. If I dont like you, I can just kick you to the curb and not feel bad about it either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X