Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What are you so sensitive if the Thorn's clearly have a superior question. Tryouts are coming up and that is a fairly legitimate question. If you have such a great program, you probably don't need to be so sensitive and defensive.

Calling people Cock chowers? Is that a good representation of parents who are part of the Thorns Academy?
    Why'd you capitalize Cock?

Comment

Sorry. It wasn't on purpose.

Comment

Maybe he did because he thought it was a proper noun?

Comment

What are you so sensitive if the Thorn's clearly have a superior question. Tryouts are coming up and that is a fairly legitimate question. If you have such a great program, you probably don't need to be so sensitive and defensive.

Calling people Cock chowers? Is that a good representation of parents who are part of the Thorns Academy?
          Obviously he's speaking of people who like to put sriracha sauce on everything. Food tastes better when you grab the cock and squeeze.

https://cdnimg.webstaurantstore.com/...38/1204712.jpg

Comment

Obviously he's speaking of people who like to put sriracha sauce on everything. Food tastes better when you grab the cock and squeeze.

https://cdnimg.webstaurantstore.com/...38/1204712.jpg
            I'm the one who this person called a cock chower and I still haven't got my answer ????

Comment

I'm the one who this person called a cock chower and I still haven't got my answer ????
              Nothing wrong with being a cock chower.

Comment

Trump

Nothing wrong with being a cock chower.
                Well that might be the question up for grabs. I dont think we all would qualify as cock chowers or would want to consider our selves as such depending on gender etc. All I know is my question has still not been answered I got daughters playing regular league soccer not thorns or ecnl I just wanna know can thorns kids play high school yet? Who knows?

Comment

I didn't know this was a question. What is your question?

"Great points and counter-points by the same ECNL a- hole. Desperation makes you have to get on here and bash the Thorn's. Create a clearly superior program and this wouldn't be necessary. What cock chowers."

Comment

Well that might be the question up for grabs. I dont think we all would qualify as cock chowers or would want to consider our selves as such depending on gender etc. All I know is my question has still not been answered I got daughters playing regular league soccer not thorns or ecnl I just wanna know can thorns kids play high school yet? Who knows?
                    Currently, players in DA or GDA cannot play high school sports, unless doing so is a requirement for attendance at a particular school. (The "Jesuit exception"?).

So no, at the current time Thorns Academy players cannot play high school.

"Eastside Thorns", OTOH, is a local club team; as part of OYSA they shut down for the high school season and can do high school soccer.

No rule prohibits DA/GDA players from participating in other high school sports; though specific coaches might object. Timbers Academy is known to get pissy about this, local DA clubs generally don't care.

Comment

Currently, players in DA or GDA cannot play high school sports, unless doing so is a requirement for attendance at a particular school. (The "Jesuit exception"?).

So no, at the current time Thorns Academy players cannot play high school.

"Eastside Thorns", OTOH, is a local club team; as part of OYSA they shut down for the high school season and can do high school soccer.

No rule prohibits DA/GDA players from participating in other high school sports; though specific coaches might object. Timbers Academy is known to get pissy about this, local DA clubs generally don't care.
                      Thank you for your honest answer that's all I was originally asking.

Comment

Maybe they meant Chowder? As in Clam Chowder?

Comment

A great player yes. A unicorn no. At least 6 other girls on her 03/02 team (8 04s on her team) that are as good without near the hours of training and a crazy rich and just plain crazy father. Her Beach 03/02 team is in 9th place. The 05 is good but doesn’t dominate. Also doesn’t start or look impressive on her young ynt and doesn’t have the soccer iq of some others her age. There is an 04 (same grade as this 05?) on the #2 00/01 team that is far superior and has done better in every regard. Not saying the 05 isn’t very great, just not a GOAT. The move to a vastly weaker Portland Thorns academy team is a media stunt to get her far away from all those other great and better young girls. She plans on using weak Thorns academy players and the weak northwest division to make her look like a superstud in comparison. Her dad will do anything to get her fame. They have enough money that she doesn’t need college or a job. If the girl really wants to be the best soccer player she can be, she’d never leave calsouth for one of the worst girls academy programs in the nation. Her rich dad calculates & manipulates everything. Now Nike is inadvertently in on the gid because her over the top dad wrote her a storied unique soccer life that fits their new dream ad campaign to a t. It’s everything that’s wrong with American soccer and a dream no one but an ultra wealthy girl with Todd Marinovich like parents can hope to follow. Nike isn’t to blame. The parents are. And US Soccer will be if they promote her further simply because of the media which we all know they will. Really feel sorry for this young kid. She is a nice kid that trains so many hours on her private pitch and now her dad is giving up on her soccer for a shot at media fame.

Love Nike but Nike, how about finding a poor inner city girl that has managed to get good at soccer despite not homeschooling or private schooling, despite not having a private trainer and her very own turf field, despite not traveling to Europe to train and have have no responsibilities but training. Now that would be a crazy dreamer. This OM has certainly put in some hours training but her entire “dream” is actually a bought and paid for reality that basically not one other girl could hope to follow. Quit proving them right that US Soccer is just for rich white girls.
                          Great post with obviuos insight from close to the situation.

Couldn’t see why CM wanted her in with Thorns academy, but now I see why...shes training with the full pro team among all those full national team players.

1) great training
                          2) great media exposure (already several media articles about how she blends in with the pros)
                          3) sets up the future narrative
                          4) she will continue to make NT rosters now because of the hype (if you think this was a given, then you haven’t watched her play with that YNT and how she played relative to the other players at her position)

Comment

Poor kid. Hopefully she doesn't succumb to the risks of being a child actor. It's hard to see parents push kids just so they can brag about her. Sad in my opinion.

Comment

Poor kid. Hopefully she doesn't succumb to the risks of being a child actor. It's hard to see parents push kids just so they can brag about her. Sad in my opinion.
                              Well, a 13 year old kid hanging out with 25 year old women. What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Well, a 13 year old kid hanging out with 25 year old women. What could possibly go wrong?
                                Abby Wambach, Alex Morgan, Hope solo are not folks I’d want my young girl 13 year old girl hanging with.

Hopefully her parents stay and watch practice and drive her straight home after practice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X