05 - OPFC 2 : WashT 2

07- FC 1, UPDX 7 (or 9)
              06- FC 4, UPDX 0
              05- FC 4, UPDX 0

07- CFC 1, WST 1
              06- CFC 0, WST 0
              05- CFC 1, WST 3

Comment

With Westside pulling out of DA, and allegedly another club to follow, how is next year going to work exactly? Will it just be 4 clubs playing against each other every weekend, or will they be going up to Washington to play what is left of the boy's DA up there?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  With Westside pulling out of DA, and allegedly another club to follow, how is next year going to work exactly? Will it just be 4 clubs playing against each other every weekend, or will they be going up to Washington to play what is left of the boy's DA up there?
                  There is nothing left up in Washington, really. Rush isn't going into boys ECNL, but playing them isn't worth a drive to Seattle.

Hopefully everyone will have enough sense just to return to OYSA but I doubt it. Too many parents with egos who want their snowflake on a "travel team", too many coaching directors for whom spiting OYSA or Peregrine is a top priority, too many coaches who like to strut that they are too good for just the state league.

Comment

There is nothing left up in Washington, really. Rush isn't going into boys ECNL, but playing them isn't worth a drive to Seattle.

Hopefully everyone will have enough sense just to return to OYSA but I doubt it. Too many parents with egos who want their snowflake on a "travel team", too many coaching directors for whom spiting OYSA or Peregrine is a top priority, too many coaches who like to strut that they are too good for just the state league.
                    Now, now, we were all playing nice, but keep your a_s_s_umptions to yourself, Timbers sellout.

Comment

Is it too much to suggest that clubs should be showing some leadership and keeping families informed? If there are even fewer teams to play against next year, and if WA DA doesn't even exist, I don't see the point of continuing OR DA. I'd like to know these things before I sign my kid up for another year.

Is that too much to ask? Get some cajones, clubs.

Comment

Is it too much to suggest that clubs should be showing some leadership and keeping families informed? If there are even fewer teams to play against next year, and if WA DA doesn't even exist, I don't see the point of continuing OR DA. I'd like to know these things before I sign my kid up for another year.

They don't tell you because they don't want you to know what you are really signing up for is the chance to scrimmage against three other clubs for ten months out of the year.

Comment

Pick up the phone and call your neighborhood DoC. Or ask your kid's coach.

The responsible clubs are communicating the necessary information to families well in advance of tryouts, even if they don't blare it out on their website.

Comment

Now, now, we were all playing nice, but keep your a_s_s_umptions to yourself, Timbers sellout.
                            I didn't mention anyone by name. If my characterization causes you pangs of guilt, that's your problem.

Comment

It is not too much to ask. However, this is all moving very fast, so understanding lay of the land, much less making decisions on it and communicating those decisions to families takes a little time.

The last few years "new, big changes" in the ecosystem have hit right before tryout season - the joys of youth soccer 2019.

Comment

Pick up the phone and call your neighborhood DoC. Or ask your kid's coach.

The responsible clubs are communicating the necessary information to families well in advance of tryouts, even if they don't blare it out on their website.
                                I asked our DA coach and got very vague answers. Are Washington and Westside Timbers both out of DA? I talk to a lot of DA parents, most of us would be very happy to go back to the way things were.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X