Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They were never as young as they were this year - like I said it was the year to get them
    Everyone but maxi comes back ,
    Did Jm get left back? I thought staples had cornered the market on that

Comment

Did Jm get left back? I thought staples had cornered the market on that
      im assuming maxi is mazo-typo

Comment

im assuming maxi is mazo-typo
        An auto-correct from the OP's frequent searches for the best maxi pads to buy.

Comment

#factsmatter. Fact is YU has a high failure rate with their D1 placements but is good with D3. I won't speculate on the Brown case since there's no way of knowing who said what or if the family simply chose to ignore important advice. Lesson learned to anyone in the Ivy process.
          Based on listening to the dad, I would tend to side with yu on this one. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Very smug, so although I feel for the kid, I have no sympathy for the dad.

Comment

Based on listening to the dad, I would tend to side with yu on this one. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Very smug, so although I feel for the kid, I have no sympathy for the dad.
            Some parents are like that - think they know everything, or they think their kid walks on water and of course everyone can see that!

Comment

Some parents are like that - think they know everything, or they think their kid walks on water and of course everyone can see that!
              Problem solved....brown commitment announcement becomes uconn walk on. Seems like a huge step down, even the soccer. I am sure yankee will spin it as a positive, probably even list it on their commitment list. Not going to be any money for at least two years as that is already spoken for by future early commits. To the casual observer that just looks at the yankee website, it will appear to be a positive.....ie d1 commit, but it will hide the major fail by the yankee owner, his Ivy League college recruiting son/cheerleader and the club as a whole.

Comment

Problem solved....brown commitment announcement becomes uconn walk on. Seems like a huge step down, even the soccer. I am sure yankee will spin it as a positive, probably even list it on their commitment list. Not going to be any money for at least two years as that is already spoken for by future early commits. To the casual observer that just looks at the yankee website, it will appear to be a positive.....ie d1 commit, but it will hide the major fail by the yankee owner, his Ivy League college recruiting son/cheerleader and the club as a whole.
                to the casual observer that reads your post you will appear to be an average ********* but it will hide the enormity of your douchyness

Comment

Because what UConn really needed to turn itself around is another CT NPL player on the roster. Good job, coach.

Comment

Because what UConn really needed to turn itself around is another CT NPL player on the roster. Good job, coach.
                    Buy one, get two free sale at yankee

Comment

Buy one, get two free sale at yankee
                      Only one player has a shot at playing at UCONN and many have questioned even that one. YU has many listed as committed by from a soccer standpoint the list is holly unimpressive. However, if the kids are happy with their choices that's all that matters. The odds are not good for playing all four years so hopefully they're at the schools they'd want to be even without soccer.

Comment

Certainly a step down academically. Maybe UCONN gave her good merit $ or on the honors track, but a kid that just missed the cut at an Ivy would have many other good academic options. I hope she isn't going to UCONN because of soccer.

Comment

Certainly a step down academically. Maybe UCONN gave her good merit $ or on the honors track, but a kid that just missed the cut at an Ivy would have many other good academic options. I hope she isn't going to UCONN because of soccer.
                          Some or I believe ONE very angry and jealous person hit the thread this morning. Was the pain of your own daughters experience that bad for you to carry this hate for the past few years? It’s one thing to hate the Mones but 17 & 18 yr old girls who you’ve never met or done anything to you or your family and are excited to move on to the next chapter in their life is just shameful.

Get over it Man- pull your pants up and move on. It seems to me you’d be much happier and prefer that these girls were smoking dope or taking opioids.

Congratulations to these parents and their children.

Comment

Some or I believe ONE very angry and jealous person hit the thread this morning. Was the pain of your own daughters experience that bad for you to carry this hate for the past few years? It’s one thing to hate the Mones but 17 & 18 yr old girls who you’ve never met or done anything to you or your family and are excited to move on to the next chapter in their life is just shameful.

Get over it Man- pull your pants up and move on. It seems to me you’d be much happier and prefer that these girls were smoking dope or taking opioids.

Congratulations to these parents and their children.
                            Relax dude - no one hates the kid or is jealous. In fact I'd say most feel sorry for her - she thought she was going to Brown to play soccer. She's left at the last minute scrambling for something else. No one wants to be in that position. Whether or not YU or MM led her to believe that or the family ignored the warnings are unknown. Given MM is on the Brown staff it certainly looks questionable as to what was communicated. Their track record with D1 commits is not very good, that's just a fact.

different poster

Comment

Not even .... if she is a great student, probably would have paid less to go to a private university. UCONN does not offer a lot of merit money.

Comment

Not even .... if she is a great student, probably would have paid less to go to a private university. UCONN does not offer a lot of merit money.
                                They especially don't give much of anything for in state students. I know several CT kids who had no trouble getting in to UCONN but got basically nothing and couldn't afford it. UCONN will sometimes matches the in state tuitions for out of state kids they want (say a MA kid gets an offer that matches tuition at U MASS) but that's about it. But if you're in the UCONN honors program then it would be worth doing vs some privates. Really just depends on what her other options were/how many other schools she applied to. Unless her family qualified for financial relief at Brown, they would have been paying full boat there also (no merit or athletic $ at Ivies).

Or maybe UCONN was her 2nd close preference all along and she's thrilled with how it all came about? There's that possibility too. Sometimes things happen for a reason. I hope for her sake that's the case.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X