Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEPSAC Standings

Does anyone know where to find the standings for the NEPSAC leagues?
    I have a daughter who is looking to potentially attend one of these schools and I'm looking for any insight into their soccer programs and wondering how the various NH-based private schools rank against each other.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a daughter who is looking to potentially attend one of these schools and I'm looking for any insight into their soccer programs and wondering how the various NH-based private schools rank against each other.
    Go to the school’s website and many will have game schedules and you can see who they play and the results.

Honestly this shouldn’t be part of your decision to attend. I know plenty of current juniors and seniors at private boarding schools who are superstars on those teams who aren’t playing soccer in college because they simply aren’t good enough. So the soccer program isn’t going to get a kid a scholarship or even a spot on a D1 team. The academics and net working will help with college admissions to top schools so choose such a school based on academics and not soccer. If your kid is also an amazinv soccer player on a top NE team then great - they have THAT to get them onto a D1 roster, not the private school soccer program.

Comment

Nothing wrong with looking to see if a team is decent. Every inquire doesn't need a D1-pontificating reply.

Comment

Top drawer soccer keeps track of the top 10 prep schools, you could look there. (I assume they keep track of girls' programs, I have a boy)

Comment

We have a child in their 4th year of prep who was recruited by 2 schools. Soccer definitely played a factor in the decision but it wasn’t about wins and losses. It was about comfort with the coach and whether he/she could play and have an impact immediately. Academics most definitely played into it as well, as did FA,
          My guess is if you are looking for the top girls soccer program in NH, it would be Exeter. Maybe not in wins and losses, but their schedule is a whole lot tougher than say New Hampton or Tilton. If you’re looking for soccer and academics it would be Exeter and St Paul’s. KUA has a reputation for great athletics. Proctor and Brewster are schools I would consider also

Comment

Top drawer soccer keeps track of the top 10 prep schools, you could look there. (I assume they keep track of girls' programs, I have a boy)
            They only keep track if you send them the info. It's like anything, if you send it (and pay) they will cover. I would look to local papers to find out who is top. The actual league standings don't lie.

Comment

Go to the school’s website and many will have game schedules and you can see who they play and the results.

Honestly this shouldn’t be part of your decision to attend. I know plenty of current juniors and seniors at private boarding schools who are superstars on those teams who aren’t playing soccer in college because they simply aren’t good enough. So the soccer program isn’t going to get a kid a scholarship or even a spot on a D1 team. The academics and net working will help with college admissions to top schools so choose such a school based on academics and not soccer. If your kid is also an amazinv soccer player on a top NE team then great - they have THAT to get them onto a D1 roster, not the private school soccer program.
              Do you realize some kids play because they love to? Not because they're worrying about D1 college soccer but because they love to play RIGHT NOW. I also have a child considering one of these schools. She'll choose a college without regard to soccer, but high school? You bet we're going to support her finding the best program to grow her passion for the love of her favorite activity. Every time someone mentions D1 or if it was "worth it", i want to scream. The only measure of worth we assign is if my daughter enjoys playing today.

Comment

NEPSAC cover many different leagues across New England. Below is a link to the 2018 NEPSAC playoff results. In theory, these are the best eight teams from each of Class A, B, C and D across all NEPSAC leagues. The top teams in Class A&B recruit heavily. Most of the top teams in A&B have entire rosters of high level club players. Some have numerous Division 1 college commits on them. Class C tends to have many club players too, just less depth. Class is determined by school size but some schools elect to move up to a stronger Class. Exeter is Class A but hasn't made the playoff in recent years.

https://www.nepsac.org/sites/nepsac....cgsoccer36.pdf

Comment

Most private schools in NH play in NEPSAC, there are a few in NHIAA (like Bishop Brady, St Thomas, Portsmouth Christian, Concord Christian, Derryfield, etc.)
                  NEPSAC is broken into classes and leagues - will post the NH schools list at the bottom.

PEA & St Paul's play in Class A in the prestigious Eight Schools Association - quite competitive - neither made to 2018 playoffs.
                  Most of the rest are in Class C in the Lakes Region League,
                  Brewster does pretty well, KUA and Berwick made playoffs but didn't go far.
                  Tilton is very small and the only NH school in the much weaker Class D - they rarely even have a winning record.

NEPSAC schools in NH:

Phillips Exeter Academy (Class A) (Eight Schools Association)
                  St Paul's (Class A) (Eight Schools Association)

Proctor Academy (Class C) (Lakes Region)
                  Kimball Union Academy (Class C) (Lakes Region)
                  Brewster Academy (Class C) (Lakes Region)
                  New Hampton School (Class C) (Lakes Region)
                  Holderness School (Class C) (Lakes Region)
                  Berwick Academy (Class C) (Eastern Independent League)

Tilton School (Class D) (Lakes Region)

Comment

Most private schools in NH play in NEPSAC, there are a few in NHIAA (like Bishop Brady, St Thomas, Portsmouth Christian, Concord Christian, Derryfield, etc.)
                    NEPSAC is broken into classes and leagues - will post the NH schools list at the bottom.

PEA & St Paul's play in Class A in the prestigious Eight Schools Association - quite competitive - neither made to 2018 playoffs.
                    Most of the rest are in Class C in the Lakes Region League,
                    Brewster does pretty well, KUA and Berwick made playoffs but didn't go far.
                    Tilton is very small and the only NH school in the much weaker Class D - they rarely even have a winning record.

NEPSAC schools in NH:

Phillips Exeter Academy (Class A) (Eight Schools Association)
                    St Paul's (Class A) (Eight Schools Association)

Proctor Academy (Class C) (Lakes Region)
                    Kimball Union Academy (Class C) (Lakes Region)
                    Brewster Academy (Class C) (Lakes Region)
                    New Hampton School (Class C) (Lakes Region)
                    Holderness School (Class C) (Lakes Region)
                    Berwick Academy (Class C) (Eastern Independent League)

Tilton School (Class D) (Lakes Region)
                    Trash... top 4 D1 teams would kick their @$$

Comment

Kick their @ss like how? On the field or in college acceptances? lol

Comment

Do you realize some kids play because they love to? Not because they're worrying about D1 college soccer but because they love to play RIGHT NOW. I also have a child considering one of these schools. She'll choose a college without regard to soccer, but high school? You bet we're going to support her finding the best program to grow her passion for the love of her favorite activity. Every time someone mentions D1 or if it was "worth it", i want to scream. The only measure of worth we assign is if my daughter enjoys playing today.
                        I completely understand some kids play because they love to and have no aspirations or aren’t able to play in college. The question was about private schools and how the soccer programs ranked against one another. If your child doesn’t have aspirations to play in college I think this is an odd question. Why would the strength of the soccer program at a private high school matter if the player is playing to have fun and because they love the game? Doesn’t make sense to me why the win/loss record would matter at all and the parents and student would choose a school for so many other reasons like location, cost, academics, college placement, etc etc. Then trying out for soccer would come after ticking so many other boxes.

Comment

Trash? What is trash? Strange response. Private schools have some very good players. Not sure how that’s trash or who was comparing teams to big public high schools either?

I love when people talk about NH high schools by division like it’s prestigious like the kids going there had some sort of choice or were recruited and not because they simply live in that town/towns and the schools are big.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X