Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are missing the fact that many of these clubs simply have no reserves in which to draw from in order to pay refunds.
    If that's true, then you have to fire the trainers, admin staff etc., and return the $$. Pretty simple. Otherwise file BK....

Comment

If that's true, then you have to fire the trainers, admin staff etc., and return the $$. Pretty simple. Otherwise file BK....
      How does firing people make money appear?

Comment

They can issue you a refund for $5. There is no way to realistically prove on annual commitments where your fees go. How much went to fall, how much to winter, how much to tournaments, how much to uniforms, etc, etc.., if you paid only for the Spring then it’s easy to equate but annual plans get tricky.

Comment

last time I checked the season hadn't been officially cancelled. No good having debate until it is.

Comment

I am so happy I took my kid off the rip-off SUSA team and to a quality town team. I'm only out $200 and not $2000 :)
            Define "quality"? Hey I'm all for saving a few bucks but what could you possibly get for $200?

Comment

last time I checked the season hadn't been officially cancelled. No good having debate until it is.
              Kid is is around for March April May and some of June. That’s about 4 months of ball. If it starts May then I need 1/2 my money back. We are on soccer fields in Europe this summer , not NY.

Comment

Kid is is around for March April May and some of June. That’s about 4 months of ball. If it starts May then I need 1/2 my money back. We are on soccer fields in Europe this summer , not NY.
                Lol, there will be no soccer in Europe this summer. See, you don't need the money afterall.

Comment

Define "quality"? Hey I'm all for saving a few bucks but what could you possibly get for $200?
                  Ronkonkoma has several ranked teams including the #1 team in eastern NY in boys 05 which is entirely parent coached. Club registration fee is $115 per season for league play.

Comment

They can issue you a refund for $5. There is no way to realistically prove on annual commitments where your fees go. How much went to fall, how much to winter, how much to tournaments, how much to uniforms, etc, etc.., if you paid only for the Spring then it’s easy to equate but annual plans get tricky.
                    Yes, money is fungible, but that has nothing to do with my (or any logical) argument. In every contract (SUSA, Albertson, EMSC, Barca, LISC, GBW, MO, etc.) you are specifically contracting for certain SPECIFIC things. In exchange you are paying $x,000. Those specific things you contract for are training sessions, leagues, player cards, uniforms, tourneys, etc., and specific dates of each. You do not contract for admin fees, club expense and/or trainer salaries. Those are corporate expenses. They can do whatever they want with the money I pay, but they have to provide me the specific things I contracted for....training fees, tourneys, leagues, etc. Comprende?

Comment

Ronkonkoma has several ranked teams including the #1 team in eastern NY in boys 05 which is entirely parent coached. Club registration fee is $115 per season for league play.
                      You are crazy. The Barca team and Gottschee teams would beat Ronkonkoma by at a minimum of 3g/game.

Comment

You are crazy. The Barca team and Gottschee teams would beat Ronkonkoma by at a minimum of 3g/game.
                        Ronkonkoma beat Gottschee 4-0 in last years state cup. The state cup that Ronkonkoma won btw. And for that matter Ronkonkoma went on to play in the national championships in Colorado where they missed out advancing to the semi-finals through goal differential (lost out on the tiebreaker by 1 goal).

Barca did take Ronkonkoma to the woodshed 5-0 the last time the two teams played but big whoop, one great team beat them badly in one game. Ronkonkoma is still a fantastic team with extremely low costs that routinely beats top ranked teams that cost 10x as much to play for. Here is the game record for you to see for yourself.

https://home.gotsoccer.com/(X(1))/ra...?TeamID=787976

Comment

Both of you are crazy. No one gives a s++t

Comment

Clubs tie their money up in investments. Cant liquidate CDs.

Comment

REFUNDS please

i think for most town clubs. uniforms and tournaments are a separate cost...are they not?

Comment

What idiot is in CDs? Who wants a sub 2% return? Even if so, you would stagger their role, so yeah, $ would be available.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X