REFUNDS please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it’s town soccer, then expect a refund. It’s bull***** soccer anyway. Clubs are in a different boat. Club soccer staff and training outfits like RR, employ professional trainers. You can’t expect them to survive and have staff employed if they do mass refunds. Every where you go, it’s “Buy local’” or, “Support your favorite restaurant.” I guess that doesn’t apply to the local business that spends 5+ hours a week with your kid.

Just to be fair, I only highlight the clubs view because I think there are too many POS parents.

I paid for the year in full, some paid partial, others month to month. Is it fair to those who financed the first half of the year and winter with lump payments have the deadbeat parents bail out on their last few monthly payments.

I will be with the same club when we return. I do expect some reinvestment by the club in the form of new training equipment and/or some Free camps. Outside of that, I’m not expectI got much more. A little piece of me laughs tho when I hear grown folks bitch and cry.

Comment

"Club soccer staff and training outfits like RR, employ professional trainers. You can’t expect them to survive and have staff employed if they do mass refunds. Every where you go, it’s “Buy local’” or, “Support your favorite restaurant.” I guess that doesn’t apply to the local business that spends 5+ hours a week with your kid."

Your argumentation skills are severly lacking. Of course, I can expect to see them survive. They should have insurance. Legally, everyone is due a refund. We contracted for training, etc. They are not providing what parents (contracted) and paid for.

We SHOULD buy local, etc. But guess what....we are receiving dinner at our local restaurant after we spend our $100. We are receiving the suit we bought at the local haberdashery. I am buying my vegetables at the local farmers market and getting my freshly grown asparagus.

Guess what, when I paid 3k at SOCCER ACADEMY X, I am getting NADA. See the difference, champ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        "Club soccer staff and training outfits like RR, employ professional trainers. You can’t expect them to survive and have staff employed if they do mass refunds. Every where you go, it’s “Buy local’” or, “Support your favorite restaurant.” I guess that doesn’t apply to the local business that spends 5+ hours a week with your kid."

Your argumentation skills are severly lacking. Of course, I can expect to see them survive. They should have insurance. Legally, everyone is due a refund. We contracted for training, etc. They are not providing what parents (contracted) and paid for.

We SHOULD buy local, etc. But guess what....we are receiving dinner at our local restaurant after we spend our $100. We are receiving the suit we bought at the local haberdashery. I am buying my vegetables at the local farmers market and getting my freshly grown asparagus.

Guess what, when I paid 3k at SOCCER ACADEMY X, I am getting NADA. See the difference, champ?
        To be fair, those clubs have big expenses and you chose to spend the big money. Most insurance has force majeure clauses in them so insurance is unlikely to pay. Be happy if you get any refund at all, no matter how small.

Comment

"To be fair, those clubs have big expenses and you chose to spend the big money. Most insurance has force majeure clauses in them so insurance is unlikely to pay. Be happy if you get any refund at all, no matter how small."

Completely FALSE. Many of these clubs have 1099 employees. Even if they have ful-time employees, those expenses should have been shed immediately. Wonder why so many other companies are furloughing or firing workers? What makes a youth sports organization any different?

You can most definitely purchase a FM rider on your insurance. If they didnt, that's a THEM problem, not a customer problem. I know my company does, the question is whether a pandemic is a FM. Completely different issue than the one you attempted to make. THe case for BI is much easier now that governmental officials have mandated permit revocation and halted all congregations over a certain #.

Comment

REFUNDS please

To be fair, those clubs have big expenses and you chose to spend the big money. Most insurance has force majeure clauses in them so insurance is unlikely to pay. Be happy if you get any refund at all, no matter how small.
            has This pandemic been labeled as an "act of god" or "force majeure" depending on what the insurance companies that the US soccer belongs to will determine if you are legally entitled to a refund (or some portion of a refund).

I'm certain that if anyone brings any club to small claims court over a spring registration cost. The judge will most probably rule with the customer.

Comment

"To be fair, those clubs have big expenses and you chose to spend the big money. Most insurance has force majeure clauses in them so insurance is unlikely to pay. Be happy if you get any refund at all, no matter how small."

Completely FALSE. Many of these clubs have 1099 employees. Even if they have ful-time employees, those expenses should have been shed immediately. Wonder why so many other companies are furloughing or firing workers? What makes a youth sports organization any different?

You can most definitely purchase a FM rider on your insurance. If they didnt, that's a THEM problem, not a customer problem. I know my company does, the question is whether a pandemic is a FM. Completely different issue than the one you attempted to make. THe case for BI is much easier now that governmental officials have mandated permit revocation and halted all congregations over a certain #.
              1099 employees often have contracts obligating the clubs to pay them. This was something unexpected and most likely isn't in a contract as an out clause.

Comment

"1099 employees often have contracts obligating the clubs to pay them. This was something unexpected and most likely isn't in a contract as an out clause."

Assuming this is true, I'm not certain, how is that relevant. That just means the company has an obligation to pay. It has nothing to do with the customers. If a company is so poorly represented to sign that contract, that company SHOULD go out of business. Im wagering that your assertion is a very loosely defined obligation of the club, which probably doesnt exist legally.

Comment

I am so happy I took my kid off the rip-off SUSA team and to a quality town team. I'm only out $200 and not $2000 :)

Comment

"1099 employees often have contracts obligating the clubs to pay them. This was something unexpected and most likely isn't in a contract as an out clause."

Assuming this is true, I'm not certain, how is that relevant. That just means the company has an obligation to pay. It has nothing to do with the customers. If a company is so poorly represented to sign that contract, that company SHOULD go out of business. Im wagering that your assertion is a very loosely defined obligation of the club, which probably doesnt exist legally.
                    Most clubs have little to no reserves and numerous financial obligations. You can cry for refunds all you want but odds are the money doesn't exist in their bank accounts.

Comment

REFUNDS please

that would depend if the contract has an "act of god" or "Force Majeure" clause.

Comment

My club suspended fees I am on the board and our feeling is that if there is no season we will apply credit towards the fall season if there is a fall season. There is no word from LIJSL or NYCSL as to refunding registration fees. If we have families in a financial bind and they need a refund I believe we will do that. Until leagues and tournaments are officially cancelled there is nothing to refund. We pay for field maintenance, administrative staff, rent for a small office, there are a few salaried coaches. Those costs continue no matter what.

We are concerned about our coaches and trainers ability to put food on their families tables and are working on a way to still compensate them. The hope is to keep kids with lots of extra time on their hands engaged in some safe way. So we have rolled out training videos to do in a backyard a local park, in their basement, or bedroom. We are having zoom sessions to get the kids communicating and seeing each other. There is a five day curriculum.

If your club or organization is not doing this for your kids and trainers it will be a good reason to look around. Do your homework and decide what kind of club you want your kids to be with.

Comment

Clubs are trying to pay coaches and staff is their biggest expense. So yes, paying them does matter because it means less $ available to give refunds. Basic accounting stuff.

Many should qualify for small business loans, but that program has quickly devolved into a sh it show evidently

Comment

if any of these posts involve LI soccer, or any clubs therefore associated with said LI, good, I hope you all suffer as long, and as much as possible.

Comment

"My club suspended fees I am on the board and our feeling is that if there is no season we will apply credit towards the fall season if there is a fall season."

Why is that YOUR decision. I paid a sum of money for a specific service. You didnt perform. What gives you the right to hold my $$. If you are a board member, you should know better. Contract 1 in every IL class.

"There is no word from LIJSL or NYCSL as to refunding registration fees. If we have families in a financial bind and they need a refund I believe we will do that. Until leagues and tournaments are officially cancelled there is nothing to refund. We pay for field maintenance, administrative staff, rent for a small office, there are a few salaried coaches. Those costs continue no matter what."

You may have a lot of financial obligations, however, the money your customers paid you is for soccer training, league fees, registration cards. Your admin staff, field maintenance and salaries is your issue not your customers. Your company should either (a) have sufficient reserves to fund this amount or (b) have insurance to cover your behinds. I didnt pay for any of that, those are YOUR expenses. I paid for soccer training, league registration etc.

Why are "salaried coaches" any different than mangers at a retail store? They get laid off. Sorry, but it's reality. Those better capitalized companies can come in and hire the fired trainers if they want. Otherwise, you make that staffing decision. Regardless, the $$ paid by your soccer kids' parents doesnt go to fund that. It goes for training, league fees, etc.

"We are concerned about our coaches and trainers ability to put food on their families tables and are working on a way to still compensate them. The hope is to keep kids with lots of extra time on their hands engaged in some safe way."

That is very noble of you. I mean that sincerely. One HUGE problem: YOUR company should pay for that out of their reserves, the deep pocket sponsor or insurance proceeds. Those dollars should not come from your customers pockets who paid for soccer training, etc. This is business and law 101.

"So we have rolled out training videos to do in a backyard a local park, in their basement, or bedroom. We are having zoom sessions to get the kids communicating and seeing each other. There is a five day curriculum."

I think every significant club has done the same. Guess what, they are ALL crap and not what we signed up for when we mailed our checks in. Anyone with a browser can purchase exactly what the SUSA's, Albertsons, GBW, etc. are sending out for less than 100$. They are literally ubiquitous on Instrgram, FB or twitter. These are in no way a sufficient substitute for hands on training. My kids can only do so many L turns and A/Vs. They need to be able to pass, turn on goal with a real defender, etc. You know...WHAT WE PAY FOR WHEN WE SEND YOUR COMPANY A 2K CHECK.

"If your club or organization is not doing this for your kids and trainers it will be a good reason to look around. Do your homework and decide what kind of club you want your kids to be with."

I think many parents will be doing their due diligence on how the companies handle this.

Comment

"My club suspended fees I am on the board and our feeling is that if there is no season we will apply credit towards the fall season if there is a fall season."

Why is that YOUR decision. I paid a sum of money for a specific service. You didnt perform. What gives you the right to hold my $$. If you are a board member, you should know better. Contract 1 in every IL class.

"There is no word from LIJSL or NYCSL as to refunding registration fees. If we have families in a financial bind and they need a refund I believe we will do that. Until leagues and tournaments are officially cancelled there is nothing to refund. We pay for field maintenance, administrative staff, rent for a small office, there are a few salaried coaches. Those costs continue no matter what."

You may have a lot of financial obligations, however, the money your customers paid you is for soccer training, league fees, registration cards. Your admin staff, field maintenance and salaries is your issue not your customers. Your company should either (a) have sufficient reserves to fund this amount or (b) have insurance to cover your behinds. I didnt pay for any of that, those are YOUR expenses. I paid for soccer training, league registration etc.

Why are "salaried coaches" any different than mangers at a retail store? They get laid off. Sorry, but it's reality. Those better capitalized companies can come in and hire the fired trainers if they want. Otherwise, you make that staffing decision. Regardless, the $$ paid by your soccer kids' parents doesnt go to fund that. It goes for training, league fees, etc.

"We are concerned about our coaches and trainers ability to put food on their families tables and are working on a way to still compensate them. The hope is to keep kids with lots of extra time on their hands engaged in some safe way."

That is very noble of you. I mean that sincerely. One HUGE problem: YOUR company should pay for that out of their reserves, the deep pocket sponsor or insurance proceeds. Those dollars should not come from your customers pockets who paid for soccer training, etc. This is business and law 101.

"So we have rolled out training videos to do in a backyard a local park, in their basement, or bedroom. We are having zoom sessions to get the kids communicating and seeing each other. There is a five day curriculum."

I think every significant club has done the same. Guess what, they are ALL crap and not what we signed up for when we mailed our checks in. Anyone with a browser can purchase exactly what the SUSA's, Albertsons, GBW, etc. are sending out for less than 100$. They are literally ubiquitous on Instrgram, FB or twitter. These are in no way a sufficient substitute for hands on training. My kids can only do so many L turns and A/Vs. They need to be able to pass, turn on goal with a real defender, etc. You know...WHAT WE PAY FOR WHEN WE SEND YOUR COMPANY A 2K CHECK.

"If your club or organization is not doing this for your kids and trainers it will be a good reason to look around. Do your homework and decide what kind of club you want your kids to be with."

I think many parents will be doing their due diligence on how the companies handle this.
                                You are missing the fact that many of these clubs simply have no reserves in which to draw from in order to pay refunds.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X