Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which premeir soccer club is the overall best in RI?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I knew it! This guy was fishing! An opportunity to put down clubs. Not falling for it. Don’t feed this troll or Club owner. My guess Bayside parent or club owner started this!
    That doesn't follow. Why would a Bayside cheerleader bring up NEFC? :D

Comment

Your knowledge is absolutely below average, how do you not know what "most successful" means
      Well, my knowledge is limited, in that all I'm aware of is RDL results. And yes, Bayside did come out on top overall, but I also know NEFC and Bayside split games. One of which NEFC won 9-2. So I'm asking for more information, because that particular datapoint tells me something.

Comment

Your knowledge is absolutely below average, how do you not know what "most successful" means
        It's also telling how you haven't addressed the loud, angry coaches/parents question.

Comment

It's also telling how you haven't addressed the loud, angry coaches/parents question.
          Will baysides new field have the hostile parent security fencing, or is it being done away with?

Comment

Will baysides new field have the hostile parent security fencing, or is it being done away with?
            Doesn't matter anymore, spring seasons over no matter what

Comment

That's a little unfair. I am not a Bayside parent. But come on every club has parents who are ridiculous. Yes we all know about a couple of dads who lose their mind whenever the referee doesn't call in their favor, but the parents for the most part in all clubs are just doing the best they can for their kid. You'd think in these days people would stop putting down the clubs.

I have found that from talking to my friends in the soccer world in RI, which is a small world they are happy for the most part with:
              Bayside- for boys (all ages especially older)
              Liverpool- for girls and boys at the younger ages (2009, 10 and 11)
              NEFC- all ages good (especially girls)

I would focus on coaching, player development, and how large rosters are. I would visit practices for all three clubs. I wouldn't worry about who is winning what because that could depend on a few star players while the rest of the team sits on the bench. Those stars might jump clubs and then the wins fluctuate. Clubs like to boost wins, but remember you are looking for the best club for your kid, best fit for them to develop, not the club with the best record. You could go to a club that boasts a winning record but find the coach is a total jerk. Look around. Don't rely on TS.

Comment

I’m not sure but the thread said RI, I was under the impression NEFC and Liverpool are Mass clubs or am I wrong for that statement.

Comment

I’m not sure but the thread said RI, I was under the impression NEFC and Liverpool are Mass clubs or am I wrong for that statement.
                  NEFC and Liverpool have teams based on RI (see the first page where a poster listed practice locations). As far as I know, younger age groups for both clubs play their biweekly NEP league games at Taunton Fore Kicks.

Comment

NEFC (in RI)practices at the Wheeler Fields.

Liverpool (in RI) practices out of Tiverton, Fall River, Barrington and WON Sports Seekonk. They also work directly with Lincoln.

Both very good clubs with lots of training opportunities.

Comment

NEFC (in RI)practices at the Wheeler Fields.

Liverpool (in RI) practices out of Tiverton, Fall River, Barrington and WON Sports Seekonk. They also work directly with Lincoln.

Both very good clubs with lots of training opportunities.
                      NEFC has also had practices at Teamworks in Warwick and Wide World of Indoor Sports in Quonset. I think this year (if there ever IS a this year), they're trying to mix up the travel distance so players from southern RI don't have to go all the way to Wheeler for every practice.

Comment

You are right both are registered under US soccer as Massachusetts clubs. They have what is called satellites which is different regions in Mass & RI. This is so it can help bring players in for the top teams eventually. That being said there is really only 1 true club that represents fully RI and that is Bayside FC. All teams and weekly training is organized in RI. If this was the case then we would have to consider other boarder clubs to the Mass or CT line who run clinics And everything else in RI as a registered RI club.

Comment

Bayside has done well on the boys side. Good indicator is the 2 homegrown players on the Revs 1st team and players in their academy teams. On the girls side MA has better options for DA and ECNL quality players. However, Bayside still is best option on the girls side if you don’t want to leave the state.

Comment

Well, my knowledge is limited, in that all I'm aware of is RDL results. And yes, Bayside did come out on top overall, but I also know NEFC and Bayside split games. One of which NEFC won 9-2. So I'm asking for more information, because that particular datapoint tells me something.
                            Teams for RDL get split week to week so results can actually be misleading. You may have an A group playing a B group. That being said, having a kid who plays in the RDL, Bayside, Bolts and GPS are probably the best groups in the league.

Best advice is to contact the clubs and enquire about training (limited right now obviously) before making any decisions.

Good luck.

Comment

You are right both are registered under US soccer as Massachusetts clubs. They have what is called satellites which is different regions in Mass & RI. This is so it can help bring players in for the top teams eventually. That being said there is really only 1 true club that represents fully RI and that is Bayside FC. All teams and weekly training is organized in RI. If this was the case then we would have to consider other boarder clubs to the Mass or CT line who run clinics And everything else in RI as a registered RI club.
                              Does the Liverpool have teams in each age group U11 U12 U13 U14 U15 etc? Or are there just a few teams where players are forced to play up?
                              Anythibg on the mainland or just across the bay

Comment

...on the mainland...
                                As a RI transplant, I have to chuckle whenever I hear talk like this. :)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X