Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which premeir soccer club is the overall best in RI?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which premeir soccer club is the overall best in RI?

Just moved to Newport RI looking for a soccer club to register my son and daughter. Not very familiar with the area looking for some help

Not gps. Just furloughed whole coaching staff.

Comment

What are your kids' age groups and experience levels, and what are you looking for from a club?

Comment

This will only cause pages of negativity posted from owners ready to put down each other’s clubs. There are a few good clubs in RI but if they are listed within minutes the competition will trash them. Best way to find out is not here. Ask locals where they go. Start with the town soccer over there and then you’ll get the locals give you the scoop.
        I’ll list a few good ones to get you started but I’m sure in seconds they will get trashed by haters. NEFC and Liverpool FC. NEFC is strong many teams. Nice fields in Seekonk. Liverpool FC closer to you as the boys practice in Fall River and Tiverton. They are newer but lots of opportunities there.

Okay wait for it... here comes the club bashing.

Comment

To be more specific on above
          NEFC has RI teams and MA teams the route is to DA.
          International Liverpool FC MA has teams in RI and MA and all over for boys and girls.
          Both well organized professional programs.
          I would also look at Middletown Youth Soccer.
          If your kids are young stay local with clubs.
          Save all the crazy driving around for when your kids get older.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            To be more specific on above
            NEFC has RI teams and MA teams the route is to DA.
            International Liverpool FC MA has teams in RI and MA and all over for boys and girls.
            Both well organized professional programs.
            I would also look at Middletown Youth Soccer.
            If your kids are young stay local with clubs.
            Save all the crazy driving around for when your kids get older.
            The following is based on boys' U10/U11/U12 experience. Older age groups and the girls' side may vary somewhat.

- Liverpool is too far away from Newport, in the northern part of the state. They play second or third tier in NEP. I've heard a lot of positive comments from parents, but from what I've seen on the field... well, moot point since they're too far from Newport.
            - GPS is somewhere around Narragansett, but as someone implied, their organization is in turmoil. They've been playing in the top tier of NEP, but in a less competitive geographic division.
            - Bayside is up in East Providence and is cutthroat, with loud, angry-sounding coaches and loud, angry-sounding parents. They do have good teams though. They play in the top tier in the toughest divisions, including DA.
            - NEFC has a South County branch, sort of, but they're basically a souped up town team and play in the lower levels of NEP.
            - NEFC also has a Southeast team that draws from Providence and south in RI and also from some parts of southeastern MA. In some age groups, they have more than one level of team, with one playing in the top tier of NEP in a tougher geographic region and a lower tier team playing at a much lower level. They also have DA teams.
            - Bruno is a Providence-based club playing in the second tier of NEP.
            - Rams is a team based at URI, with URI coaches. They played in NSL and were moving to CCL New England this season, and the competition is inconsistent and often poor. They have one team per age group and actually make cuts. Their teams can vary widely in skill level from one age group to another. They're less expensive though, and can be a good intro to club soccer.

If you're looking for the highest competitive level with the most reasonable travel from Newport (for practices at least), then NEFC might be worth a look. Unless the description of Bayside appeals to you.

Comment

The following is based on boys' U10/U11/U12 experience. Older age groups and the girls' side may vary somewhat.

- Liverpool is too far away from Newport, in the northern part of the state. They play second or third tier in NEP. I've heard a lot of positive comments from parents, but from what I've seen on the field... well, moot point since they're too far from Newport.
              - GPS is somewhere around Narragansett, but as someone implied, their organization is in turmoil. They've been playing in the top tier of NEP, but in a less competitive geographic division.
              - Bayside is up in East Providence and is cutthroat, with loud, angry-sounding coaches and loud, angry-sounding parents. They do have good teams though. They play in the top tier in the toughest divisions, including DA.
              - NEFC has a South County branch, sort of, but they're basically a souped up town team and play in the lower levels of NEP.
              - NEFC also has a Southeast team that draws from Providence and south in RI and also from some parts of southeastern MA. In some age groups, they have more than one level of team, with one playing in the top tier of NEP in a tougher geographic region and a lower tier team playing at a much lower level. They also have DA teams.
              - Bruno is a Providence-based club playing in the second tier of NEP.
              - Rams is a team based at URI, with URI coaches. They played in NSL and were moving to CCL New England this season, and the competition is inconsistent and often poor. They have one team per age group and actually make cuts. Their teams can vary widely in skill level from one age group to another. They're less expensive though, and can be a good intro to club soccer.

If you're looking for the highest competitive level with the most reasonable travel from Newport (for practices at least), then NEFC might be worth a look. Unless the description of Bayside appeals to you.
              Liverpool has younger teams, U9-U14, that practice out of Fall River and Tiverton. That’s 15-20 minutes from Newport.

Comment

Checkout Liverpool. https://lfcinternationalacademyma.com
                Friends on the island are happy. They have developmental programs for younger kids, and the 2009, 2010 boys and girls are doing great. Parents are happy from the island and in Tverton, Fall River, and Somerset.

I agree people are going to trash each others clubs. Thats what happens on this site.
                So go to practices, meet the director from your region, and decide for yourself.
                Don't focus too much on scores and rankings because so much of that is BS.
                RI has it's share of politics on the town level too.

Second choice for you would be NEFC, but that's a haul from your neck of the woods.

Comment

Liverpool has younger teams, U9-U14, that practice out of Fall River and Tiverton. That’s 15-20 minutes from Newport.
                  Ah, I'd only heard about Burrillville, or someplace like that. Good to know.

Comment

Second choice for you would be NEFC, but that's a haul from your neck of the woods.
                    NEFC practices at Teamworks in Cranston, WWIS in Quonset, and Wheeler Farm in Seekonk. Home games are in Seekonk. The stuff at Wheeler can be a bit of a haul from the Newport area, but that's generally just one practice a week and home games.

Comment

My son is a 2008 and daughter is a 2011. I did my homework with Liverpool don’t seem they have much opportunity for playing at any decent level. I would like to know more about Bayside and NEFC

Comment

My son is a 2008 and daughter is a 2011. I did my homework with Liverpool don’t seem they have much opportunity for playing at any decent level. I would like to know more about Bayside and NEFC
                        Bayside FC is Rhode Islan's most successful premier club therefore I'd suggest this club as my son plays on the 2001 NPL team.

Comment

Bayside FC is Rhode Islan's most successful premier club therefore I'd suggest this club as my son plays on the 2001 NPL team.
                          Please quantify "most successful." And please address the earlier comment about loud, angry-sounding coaches, if you wouldn't mind.

Comment

Please quantify "most successful." And please address the earlier comment about loud, angry-sounding coaches, if you wouldn't mind.
                            Your knowledge is absolutely below average, how do you not know what "most successful" means

Comment

I knew it! This guy was fishing! An opportunity to put down clubs. Not falling for it. Don’t feed this troll or Club owner. My guess Bayside parent or club owner started this!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X